Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone attended any of their detailing seminars? Comments?

Auto Detailing Business Opportunity

Thanks.
    Ryan

2008 BMW 335i

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I was also interested in this.

Post Thanks / Like
    My partner Jason and I attended a few years ago. We did the 2 day (day 1 marketing/classroom, day 2 is hands on at their training facility). Overall we learned a few things in the marketing class, but learned little in the hands on (we already knew how to detail, but wanted to see what he offered as far as process and time management).

We both went home with some decent information and a few tips and tricks. The underlying tone of the whole event was to push his product, either by being the end user, or a distributor. We had purchased products prior to attending and a few after but have moved on to other products. I`m not saying he makes a bad product, they do exactly what they should; we just found others that we liked better. So to summarize:

For the new guy who wants to look into the profession of detailing and what is involved, then yes, you will learn a good amount of information in the 2 day. Also look around, there are other schools out there that are comparatively priced and in essence contain the same information within them and may not be as biased towards one product line.

For someone who already details part time and has the basic knowledge of a PC and or rotary and would like to expand their knowledge base, save your money and find a local Autopian to take you under their wing for a day. You will probably learn more and be more acute to locate and address paint issues.

I will add one last thing. DK`s owner Nick has owned several successful "volume" detail shops over the years. In fact, they no longer do details. Their training facility is exactly that, a training facility, used once a month for the seminar, and occasional light use. He has now moved into marketing his product line and offering the training course. Now there are "detailers" that use the product, were past employees of Nick that come in and train you. Jason and I were teamed up with 5 other guys on a Tahoe during the hands on. Our trainer showed us the in and outs and looked over our shoulders to give guidance and direction. It was funny, at some points Jason and I were instructing some of the other guys and were fielding questions from the group.

As the day was winding down, I asked our instructor how many "full" details he can do a day; his reply was 10, taking 1 to 2 hrs per vehicle. At that point I looked and Jason and we were already on the same page. :geez

Sorry for the long post, but I hope this helped you guys out! If you have more questions let me know.

Regards

Walter

Co-owner

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at ValuGard`s "Prep Excellence" course. Automotive International - Valugard Product Line

They, too, stress the use of their products, of course. But they do work.

Instructors have decades of experience with OEMs and Paint mfgs.

I highly recommend this company.

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Buffit
    Look at ValuGard`s "Prep Excellence" course. Automotive International - Valugard Product Line

They, too, stress the use of their products, of course. But they do work.

Instructors have decades of experience with OEMs and Paint mfgs.

I highly recommend this company.

Jim

Thanks for the recommendation Jim.

See you in two weeks as well!
    Ryan

2008 BMW 335i

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetwerks
    My partner Jason and I attended a few years ago. We did the 2 day (day 1 marketing/classroom, day 2 is hands on at their training facility). Overall we learned a few things in the marketing class, but learned little in the hands on (we already knew how to detail, but wanted to see what he offered as far as process and time management).

We both went home with some decent information and a few tips and tricks. The underlying tone of the whole event was to push his product, either by being the end user, or a distributor. We had purchased products prior to attending and a few after but have moved on to other products. I`m not saying he makes a bad product, they do exactly what they should; we just found others that we liked better. So to summarize:

For the new guy who wants to look into the profession of detailing and what is involved, then yes, you will learn a good amount of information in the 2 day. Also look around, there are other schools out there that are comparatively priced and in essence contain the same information within them and may not be as biased towards one product line.

For someone who already details part time and has the basic knowledge of a PC and or rotary and would like to expand their knowledge base, save your money and find a local Autopian to take you under their wing for a day. You will probably learn more and be more acute to locate and address paint issues.

I will add one last thing. DK`s owner Nick has owned several successful "volume" detail shops over the years. In fact, they no longer do details. Their training facility is exactly that, a training facility, used once a month for the seminar, and occasional light use. He has now moved into marketing his product line and offering the training course. Now there are "detailers" that use the product, were past employees of Nick that come in and train you. Jason and I were teamed up with 5 other guys on a Tahoe during the hands on. Our trainer showed us the in and outs and looked over our shoulders to give guidance and direction. It was funny, at some points Jason and I were instructing some of the other guys and were fielding questions from the group.

As the day was winding down, I asked our instructor how many "full" details he can do a day; his reply was 10, taking 1 to 2 hrs per vehicle. At that point I looked and Jason and we were already on the same page. :geez

Sorry for the long post, but I hope this helped you guys out! If you have more questions let me know.

Regards

Walter

Co-owner

Walter, thanks. That`s just what I was looking for.

I`d like to take every detailing class available if I could just to see and compare how others work and their process.

You can never get enough practice and it helps to seek others I think.

Thanks again for your thorough response.
    Ryan

2008 BMW 335i

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetwerks

:hm

I seriously doubt that too. Maybe 10 full service washes w/ hand waxes, but no way is he doing 10 full details. If someone was occasionally lucky(easy details) and worked a 20 hour day = maybe, but that person could never do that volume of work day after day without getting burned out real fast.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone taken any chemical guys classes?

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be flying down to CA this Aug. to attend CG`s class. I`ve been talking to Chris, the instructor for quite some time and since I`ve recently picked up the rotary I`ll probably learn a handful while I`m there. I wouldn`t mind being able to sample some of CGs product in person as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you in a class or is this hands on one-on-one?
    Ryan

2008 BMW 335i

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a cattle session with about 9 others along with you. There`ll be one-on-one I believe, can you vouch for this Chris?

Thread Information