Post Thanks / Like
    any concerns that I may have missed in my mind and how to address them/explain what I will do while on the premises?

anyone approach golf courses and have good experiences...thinking about doing it on the weekends only to start throughout the summer. Offering wash, wash and wax and full details alike in the corner of the parking lot.

Using ONR, a generator, and a couple helpers everyday. I figure I should be able to handle 30 washes only, or 20-25 wash and waxes (using OCW), or about 10 details per day if there is the demand throughout the day

anyone have any helpful insight

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you have business insurance, because exclusive clubs will want you to have it. I passed out some flyers at a local country club. Initially, they called to tell me I was not allowed to pass out flyers on their property. The GM, however, contacted me and was interested in having me offer detailing services on site. I decided to only provide washes, wash and vacuums, and mini details. Well, that was about a year and a half ago. We had the contract drawn up and everything but they are dragging their feet. Just be ready to jump through hoops to get their business.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been round and round with a nearby country club. I went by ther last month and they had what looke dlike hacks washing cars. They had an old dirty pick up pulling a trailer, water running everywhere, not in uniform and their equipment everywhere.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    what is taking so long...why isnt it just draw up a plan, implement it, and operate it...what are the courses saying or what are they "dragging their feet" on???

Post Thanks / Like
    For me it is liability issues. The club is very exclusive. The owner`s of the club, a large local bank, are just over cautious. There is a lot of red tape to overcome. I just sent the club manager an email today. We will see what happens.
    Brad Will- Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    i look at it as another opportunity to attract more customers to the course...who wants to spend Saturday having their car detailed when they can have it done the next day while on the golf course, effectively killing two birds with one stone!

even if the course wanted a small percentage of the days earnings, I wouldnt mind giving up 2-5 bucks per car for giving me a place for business...but if it wanted 1/2 the profits, then forget about it

Post Thanks / Like
    That is exactly what the GM wants. He thought his golfers would definitely want to have their cars detailed while they are playing golf. I ageed to give them 10% of all gross receipts. This is fine as they are allowing me to use their water and electricity.
    Brad Will- Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I would assume that most courses are going to use your "quote" and shop around for someone else. Most courses are notoriously cheap whne it comes to anything and if they can up the profit by putting your quote against another they probably will.

Make sure you are insured, have a business license etc or why would they want someone who might get the club in hot water if they screw up a members car? Just playing devils advocate there. Have answers to all the business questions before you approach them.

If they think you are just a "guy" that will come and wash cars they may just offer the job out to one of the caddys at an hourly rate and keep the profit for themselves. Make sure they understand they are getting a "high end" product that coincides with a "high end" country club. Examples of types of work, quality of products etc would help I would think. Most country clubs think they are doing you a fovor for allowing you even near them to drum up business

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    having never approached a place of business at this point in my detailing, just people one on one, what types of questions do get asked from golf courses, business complexes, etc....

reason I ask is because I am about to graduate in one month and want to turn this part time business into a full time gig. i was trying to just get my name out this past year, and it has worked pretty well, but not like I hoped it would...probably because my pricing is higher than most around (hacks/car washes), but cheaper than some, but not by much (other pro detailer)

Post Thanks / Like
    In the case of a golf club or country club, they will surely ask if you have a license and insurance. The club I have been reffering to asked me right away if I was insured. I also have been asked many times by the club if this is a long term career for me or if I am just doing it for a short period of time. They also asked me for references, and only a few were needed in my case. They will also be looking for a company who is professional and projects a good image. I would imagine other types of business would be looking for the same types of characteristics.
    Brad Will- Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    i never thought about aproachinga country club but the one that i go to does clean cars the valet does it he use spray wax from what ive seen and dresses tires when he asked about my car i just said no thanks and worried about my car the whole time but as far as detailing there i wouldnt feel comfortable one becasue im not a mobile guy 2 there isnt much shade 3 getting other cars wet with wind a stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it looks like my contract with a local country club is finally going to begin. This has been nearly two years in the making and I am excited to finally get started. The cars at this club are extremely nice and include many of the most exotic makes. I will only be offering hand washes, washes and vacuums, and mini-details. Funny that this all started with me putting some flyers on windshields in their parking lot.
    Brad Will- Owner

Thread Information