Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: business card

Post Thanks / Like
    This will be my first business card

what do you think?

Detailing for me is going to be a weekend thing only. Its just to make a few extra $ doing something I like

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure about exotic and ARMOR ALL. two things that don`t match

When designing my logo, I decided not to use any car in it and go with puffy white clouds and a sky blue background with really tough machine like text.

The font for the name is not bad
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah...... "Exotic" and "Armor All" shouldnt be anywhere NEAR eachother.... why put "Armor All" on the business card in the first place? If your target market is that which thinks Armor All is gods answer to dirty cars, the Bugatti should go..... hah

Seriously though, if it were MY card, I`d say the "8 step detail" and "armor all" should go..... 8 step, what if it takes more? less? false advertising!

I`m by no means an expert, though over the last 3 to 4 years I have been expanding my detailing knowledge and experience on my own car as well as my friends and familys cars, but a couple days ago you`re asking how to get rid of the "gritty" feeling on your paint and stuff..... Nothing wrong with that, its an honest question, but are you ready to live up to the expectations of an "Exotic" name?

Not meant at all to insult you or question your ability, just wondering cause when I was 16 and just started "Detailing" cars and reading these message boards, I was all set to go into business with a friend of mine, and thank god we never did. we were CERTAINLY not ready to live up to any customers expectations.

Other than that, the card itself looks good, I love the font and the way the text stands out, and you did a great job photoshopping the Bugatti into the card!

Good luck!
    :bounce 1981 Chevy Malibu - 1986 Jeep Comanche - 1987 Pontiac Firebird :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not a fan of the writting on the card or the name exotic. I just got reallytired after photoshop so I just threw words in.

Any suggestions of changing the info on the card

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you located out of?

Are you mobile?

maybe ditch the current info and put, exterior, interior, engine, etc. etc. paint correction, etc. etc.

Not a fan of the font

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever detailed a Bugatti?? I wouldn`t put one on the front unless you`ve got experience doing it, you will be called on the carpet by potential clients.

The font for "Exotic Detailers" is horrible.

and as mentioned get rid of Armor All ASAP, unless they are sponsoring you......then I`d say get rid of the sponsor ASAP.:lol

Otherwise it looks nice.

My 0.02 cents.
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitethunder46
    Where are you located out of?

Are you mobile?

maybe ditch the current info and put, exterior, interior, engine, etc. etc. paint correction, etc. etc.

Not a fan of the font

Los angeles

Mobile? Yes. I will be doing this as a weekend thing until june then may expand.

But by mobile to I have my own shop by al means no

I thoughjt about the inter,exterior, paint correction. (Not doing engine work at this time) paint correction sounds like touch up paint to me not polishing.

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im also against the Armor All plug.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sapple89
    Los angeles

Mobile? Yes. I will be doing this as a weekend thing until june then may expand.

But by mobile to I have my own shop by al means no

I thoughjt about the inter,exterior, paint correction. (Not doing engine work at this time) paint correction sounds like touch up paint to me not polishing.

Based on these statements you sound very wet behind the ears and I would not want somone working on my $200,000 Ferrari that wasn`t sure if they could "correct" paint or not.......btw sometimes you will have to do touch up painted and wetsanding of scratchs and such. Paint Correction or Reconditioning is exactly what it is. You don`t clean engines?? why not?

If I were you I wouldn`t start up just so quick until you`ve done a few more of your family and friends cars and have a better understanding of detailing.

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    ok so now that I see I`m not the only one who thinks you might be jumping into this a little too quickly, I`d be more than happy to help you figure out either how to get to the point where you should think about detailing professionally, or if you`re determined to start your business right now, maybe you could come up with a way to do it but not give the wrong impression to potential customers?

How old are you / are you still in school? do you have another job that has a schedule that would allow you to detail cars as well?

I`m just starting out with the whole detailing "professionally" (I always wonder, what makes someone a professional detailer? There really are no guidelines or requirements to call yourself one... I`ve worked at "professional" detail shops (Simoniz Express Detail, what a joke.), and the quality of the work there is such a joke, I don`t feel too bad calling myself one because the quality of my work is LIGHTYEARS ahead of what I was forced to do there, and as of right now, detailing is my main / only source of income.....

On a side note, just something you all might get a kick out of....

When working at Simoniz, there were two Guatamalan people who were the main "detailers". They didn`t speak a drop of english, though they "supposedly" had been in the united states for 15 years each. I often wonder, but I`ll just keep that to myself.

Anyway, they put the Armor All in these big plastic squirt bottles, and when I first started working there it confused the hell out of me...... they had labled them as "Armaral", LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont like that horizontal text sits on two titled boxes. Start there...

Post Thanks / Like
    To me "professional" means you provide detailing in exchange for money. I`d say a professional would also have a buiness license.

Don`t neccassarily have to be there only job or doing it full time, but if you`re really good and use high quality materials and products you`ll end up doing it full time for sure.:chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesacrifice
    I dont like that horizontal text sits on two titled boxes. Start there...

I agree 100%

Let me yell you guys a little big about myself. I am 17 and have been into cars all my life.(still attending school) About 3 months ago I started getting into detailing and decided to try and make some money out of it. I`m not looking to do a 200k car but maybe after I get more expirence I will. I am just getting into the business part because if you can make money for something you enjoy doing why not. I ned a business card to get a few clients

Post Thanks / Like
    you got AIM?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sapple89
    I agree 100%

Let me yell you guys a little big about myself. I am 17 and have been into cars all my life.(still attending school) About 3 months ago I started getting into detailing and decided to try and make some money out of it. I`m not looking to do a 200k car but maybe after I get more expirence I will. I am just getting into the business part because if you can make money for something you enjoy doing why not. I ned a business card to get a few clients

You will probably not get a 200k car for a year or so, even with great experience... people don`t just trust their cars to anyone... I barely started detailing some higher end cars like Porsches, newer BMWs, etc... and soon might be getting a client with a nice collection including porsches, a ferrari and a couple bimmers...after over 1.5yrs of detailing.

All we`re saying is you shouldn`t advertise anything until you`ve had enough experience with many different types of cars so that you know exactly what you`re doing... I know that many of the experienced detailers here don`t think for more than 2 mins what products they`ll use when a client rolls up... why? they`ve dealt with every possible make and model...

what cars have you detailed in the past? do you have any before after photos? what products/machine/pads do you use?

Lastly, as for the card... before you get into the details (such as font, font color, fixing the 2 angled white boxes, etc...) I would definitely lose the photo of the bugatti (you`ve been detailing for 3 months and have the most expensive car in the world on your card... think about it) and also change the title from exotic to something else... while exotic will sound "cool" to some potential clients, many will feel that you`re just catering to the higher end cars and will throw the card away

don`t take this as me being harsh, just giving some constructive advice from my experience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information