Post Thanks / Like
    I know how to price detailing services properly, I actually tend to price lower than average to get customers satisfied especially for their money, and also for greater chance of getting customers... Can you guys, if you don`t mind, share how much you charge for your service? Full detail? interior? exterior? per hour? each additional hours? etc???

thanks,

Joven

Post Thanks / Like
    I spent alot of time figuring out prices lately, I dont do just interior or exterior. both get done with these packages. plus i dont list prices, try to sell value.

with all that said, i still have a price list, but only i see it. heres an example:

wash and wax: start at 70 for a two door coupe (about 2 hours)

full detail start at 180 for a two door coupe (about 6 hours)

the wash and wax includes of course interior vacuum and cleaning along with dressing

basically figure out an hourly rate, then figure out how much time it will take for each individual package that you offer, multiply those two numbers and you have a price....

Hope that helps

Post Thanks / Like
    I just figured out where I want to be price wise and how much I want to make an hour. Without going into too much detail my prices for full details are:

Cars start at $175

Trucks and SUV`s start at $275

Extras:

Headlight and taillight polishing - $25 each set

Windshield polishing - $50

Major stain removal - Quote upon inspection

Pull wheels of to detail inside of rims - $75

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t lower my prices to gain customers or to undercut another detail shop.... You will attract the wrong clients. I pride myself on being one of the most expensive detailers in the area. If customers do not like it, they can go elsewhere.

I stopped doing Wash & Vacs because it was not profitable. Unless there are 3 or more vehicles at one location....

I still service my regulars and will continue to do Wash & Vacs.

For my Wash and Vacs, I charge $30 and up

For my Wash and Wax, I charge $70 and up

For an Interior, it all depends....but generally $75 and up

Exterior, again, depends on the vehicle, but $90 and up

Fulls run $150 and up depending on what type of vehicle and condition. (no engine)

Overspray removal- Estimate only.....

Headlight restoration...$45 and up

and a few more add ons

Those are just basic numbers. Generally, they are higher

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash + Vac Package (vehicle must have had full detail prior to service) - $35+

Full Detail - interior, exterior, engine - $200-250+

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Gah.

Everyone keeps posting these damn "packages".

If someone is getting their car detailed, it is your job as the detailer to inform them that unless their car is getting detailed every 3-6 months, it will need a full polishing prior to waxing.

Now, every detail you do should be a full detail. No skipping interior. That is HORRIBLE business practice. Never let a car go out the door without a full vacuum and wipedown at least. And you NEED to clean the windows.

If someone gets into their "detailed" car and sees dirt on the floor, or crap on the windows, they aren`t going to be thrilled. No matter what they are "expecting".

Charge $160 minumum, for a small silver car, $200 for your average sedan or truck, $220 for a dark sedan or SUV, and $260 for a truck that needs a lot of work.

Those are some basic good prices to go by.

My two cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GregCavi
    Wash + Vac Package (vehicle must have had full detail prior to service) - $35+

Full Detail - interior, exterior, engine - $200-250+

Greg

If a new customer wants to set up an appointment with you and only wants a wash, vac and maybe wax... do you turn them away if they have not first had the full detail peformed? I agree with you 100% that a car should be brought up to where it needs to be through a full detail first before anything, but does the general public feel this way also?

I know part of our job is to educate the customer on the benefits of starting with a properly prepped example, but you can`t always sell the full detail no matter how convincing you are. Just curious to know what is the best thing to do in this situtation? I would imagine it would be just to give the customer what he/she is willing to pay for, correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    What is wrong with packages? Not sure how not doing the interior is horrible business practice either. I offer three different packages to meet most people`s needs and budgets. Each package includes interior and exterior work at different levels. Sometimes, however, a customer only wants interior or only wants exterior. That is fine, and I charge them accordingly. Each detailer has his/her own unique situation depending on where they are located and who their target market is.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    The main point I was making, is you have to push HARD for the full-detail with every customer. Never give in right away to the "how much" thinking they want cheap.

Start high. You can always leave things out and charge less. If they REALLY don`t want to pay for polishing, say you can do everything but polish it for $100 less. Then you`re still making $140 on the car, and all you gotta do is clean and wax it. 2 hours tops!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by clnfrk
    If a new customer wants to set up an appointment with you and only wants a wash, vac and maybe wax... do you turn them away if they have not first had the full detail peformed? I agree with you 100% that a car should be brought up to where it needs to be through a full detail first before anything, but does the general public feel this way also?

I know part of our job is to educate the customer on the benefits of starting with a properly prepped example, but you can`t always sell the full detail no matter how convincing you are. Just curious to know what is the best thing to do in this situtation? I would imagine it would be just to give the customer what he/she is willing to pay for, correct?

If a customer comes to be with a vehicle in nice shape ie. no covered in tar, has some paint protection, isn`t swirled to high hell, non-gritty paint, I will probably give them a wash. If someone pulls up in a car that obviously needs a full detail, I will explain to them that I won`t give their car just a wash because it will not be up to my business standards. I try to promote a high end image and if I wash a car and it still looks like garbage, then I feel it hurts my image. It doesn`t bother me to turn down the washes because typically the people are cheap, don`t care about there cars, and to be honest, it doesn`t happen often. My prices are on the high side and that seems to weed out folks that just want a wash and vac. I feel better in cases when a customer just wants a wash/wax on a poor condition vehicle, sending them to a high volume shop that will give them what they want, for an affordable price.

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpyDetailing
    The main point I was making, is you have to push HARD for the full-detail with every customer. Never give in right away to the "how much" thinking they want cheap.

Start high. You can always leave things out and charge less. If they REALLY don`t want to pay for polishing, say you can do everything but polish it for $100 less. Then you`re still making $140 on the car, and all you gotta do is clean and wax it. 2 hours tops!

I see what you are saying now. Thanks for clarifiying.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t undercut the friggun industry! Undercut and the average consumer perspective will just want a cheaper and cheaper pricing. Quality over quantity IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m about spot on pricewise with TexasTB. I offer one-step polishing or glazing in lieu of full polishing on occasion, but I do not promote them to most customers. I only promote the wash, Megs #66, vacuum and interior dressing wipedown service to police departments (90 per car), limo companies (180 and up) and semi trucks (200+)

I also offer Polycharger as an upcharge (20) and Scotchguard (40) - I don`t get much business on these, but Polycharger only costs me about 1.50 per application, so I`ll throw it in as a freebie for good customers. Same with Scotchguard - I`d rather give them a free 40 dollar service that costs me 5 bucks and 10 minutes than a 20 dollar discount.

I find that things vary regionally too - in Maine, I had a lot of customers who were uber-picky about their interiors, but didn`t care if the car was swirl-free or even compounded really. Here in Florida, swirl-free black is my most common detail.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Thread Information