Post Thanks / Like
    OK I work at a Country Club (private golf course) would it not be smart to offer a detailing service to the members? I mean the cars going to be sitting there for +4-5 hours anyways why not get it detailed.

Am i just thinking crazy or is this a resonable thing to bring up to my boss?
    Its not called DETAILing for nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s perfect. How are you going to insure that YOU become the detailer, and that he doesn`t farm it out? And besides, as an employee, if you detail for him, HE will be making all the money, not you...you will likely be making the same hourly rate you are now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that is a great idea. Country Club spells money, which spells high-end vehicles. If you can get approval from the Club,which may be tough,go for it. You are going to be dealing with a lot of high-end vehicles, espcially on weekends. Very cool idea, if it works.
    Reflections Mobile Detailing Services

"Refining the Art of Automotive Detailing"

Post Thanks / Like
    At this point in time it was just a thought I was throwing around in my head, but i had considered presenting the idea to the boss. I dunno about ensuring i would be head detailer but am open to suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    No matter how it happens, if it happens on the club property, they are going to get a piece of the action. As an employee you are going to get a very small piece, perhaps a small raise. If you suggest that they bring in a pro detailer, and you are not a pro detailer, then you are going to get nothing. Is this a real highbrow club? Can you handle detailing the cars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    No matter how it happens, if it happens on the club property, they are going to get a piece of the action. As an employee you are going to get a very small piece, perhaps a small raise. If you suggest that they bring in a pro detailer, and you are not a pro detailer, then you are going to get nothing. Is this a real highbrow club? Can you handle detailing the cars?

I would not be expecting to get all of the profit off the vehicle, I think i could handle the cars however i dont know if i have the necessary experience but I would be willing to learn from an "expert".

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you will be cut out of the deal. It`s a great idea, but the club has a lot of exposure, if the cars don`t get done on time or messed up they look really bad. In MN it won`t be a year-round thing (unless they have a garage that could be used...could be, for the golf carts), so they won`t hire someone (as an employee) to do detailing, they will look for a pro who will work onsite and give them a cut (effectively discounting his rate). There is no way that they will let you "help" the pro that they have hired, unless it`s your father or something that owns the club, LOL. If you don`t work every day, you might try asking if it would be alright if you on your own, asked some of the patrons if you could detail their cars while they golf, and that your detailing business is not affiliated with the club. The club will still likely charge you, and they would be clear of any liability...just possibly some bad press. If I were them, I would never let you do it (as an employee), I would want a pro who is insured, etc.

It might be better to get some more experience and THEN approach the club about it, saying you would like to be their pro detailer, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Sounds like you will be cut out of the deal. It`s a great idea, but the club has a lot of exposure, if the cars don`t get done on time or messed up they look really bad. In MN it won`t be a year-round thing (unless they have a garage that could be used...could be, for the golf carts), so they won`t hire someone (as an employee) to do detailing, they will look for a pro who will work onsite and give them a cut (effectively discounting his rate). There is no way that they will let you "help" the pro that they have hired, unless it`s your father or something that owns the club, LOL. If you don`t work every day, you might try asking if it would be alright if you on your own, asked some of the patrons if you could detail their cars while they golf, and that your detailing business is not affiliated with the club. The club will still likely charge you, and they would be clear of any liability...just possibly some bad press. If I were them, I would never let you do it (as an employee), I would want a pro who is insured, etc.

It might be better to get some more experience and THEN approach the club about it, saying you would like to be their pro detailer, etc.

Actually this is what im expecting... sadly. I would love to be able to do it however i dont think im quite qualified enough for it. But i thought i would just through it out there. thanks for being a wall i can through ideas against.

Creating Parking Lot Envy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saleenfan - you have some great opportunities for business off the course.

Setec Astronomy advice is golden

Do you park your car in the golfer’s parking lot or do they have you park some where else as an employee? Possibility for tasteful and small stickers or signs for the windows but management may not like this.

Is there a bulletin board in the golfers change area where you could post up about car detailing?

You have some good possibilities to expand your business say for next year 2008.

Scorecards are an outlet you may wish to advertise on.

The golfers I golf with slip a scorecard into their bag or back pocket. I did this advertising when I had the travel agency and it provided the phone call we needed to make the sell on their next vacation. Hmmm why am I not doing this now! Not for their vacation but for detailing their cars. :think2 :think2

I have to make a couple of phone calls to some courses in the morning to check on their ad rates.

Al

Thread Information