Post Thanks / Like
    Customer has kids and one got sick in the car. In the past I have used spot shot and my bissel, however this is red...juice. SO, I am just curious what you guys think is the best techinque fr red stains....OH by the way, its a light beige interior. Joy!!
    Reflections Mobile Detailing Services

"Refining the Art of Automotive Detailing"

Post Thanks / Like
    Red can be tough. In the past we used a product called "Red-X". The application requires you to lay a damp cloth (we used terry) and then put an iron on the cloth to steam the stain out. It actually works very well. The only drawback is that this process can be time consuming. Sometimes taking 30 minutes to 1 hr to treat stains due to multiple applications. We have been able to completely remove fresh red stains, although if they sit for too long they will dye the fabric. We have been sucessful with red soda (Big Red here in Texas), cool-aid, gatorade, and wine. Now that we purchased a vapor steamer, I am waiting to try it out on stain removal.

Walter

Co-owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bdaly84
    Customer has kids and one got sick in the car. In the past I have used spot shot and my bissel, however this is red...juice. SO, I am just curious what you guys think is the best techinque fr red stains....OH by the way, its a light beige interior. Joy!!

First, did you properly clean and then treat the vomit ?

You need to make sure that that step is done first and correctly as it`s a bio-hazard.

Secondly, as for the stain itself it can be cleaned using the method described by Wetwerks.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    First, did you properly clean and then treat the vomit ?

You need to make sure that that step is done first and correctly as it`s a bio-hazard.

Secondly, as for the stain itself it can be cleaned using the method described by Wetwerks.

Anthony

I actually have not been to the customer yet. Apparently the customer "clean it up", but it stained the carpet.

Where can I purchase Red-X?

Post Thanks / Like
    RedX is made by dyepro, here is the link DyePro International, Inc. Now the RedX may get the stain out, but you need to worry about odor removal. Vomit, smoke, and cat urine tend to be the hardest to remove and the last thing you want to do is try and mask it. Eventually the smell will return.

Walter

Co-owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay there are 3 products i would recomend for removing and or lightening that stain.

red reliefis for synthetic food grade red dyes

Stain Magic is for natural dyes, tanins, yellowing

USR is for natrual urine, yellow and some orange stains.

Of the two stain magic will likely do the best job at removing it.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets not forget Febreze !

However it is imperative to get the spot/spots/area cleaned really well !

If you are lucky enough (Yuk) to have the owner bring it immediately over I would dump/sprinkle heavily a box of Baking soda (Not Baking Powder) over the entire area. This will neutralize the acids that came from the stomach contents about as effectively as it can be done. This will go a long way towards "Not" discoloring the carpet.

When you have your cleaning products together, commence to clean as best you can, steam is the best, with a high lift foam a distant second.

When you have cleaned it the "very best" you can, dry well, spray it down with "Febreze", you will not be sorry!!

Detailing experience = 0 basically.

Cleaning up kids vomit = to dam many times!!

PS. It would probably pay you over and over to just have 2 or 3 small box`s of baking Soda in every vehicle you own, at an average of $1.00 per container you can`t go wrong!! Sorry to rant, but `Been there, seen it, done it, to many times.

Double PS: Adhere to everything Grouse tells you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everone for the help, I am looking into the links for those products. I`ll keep everyone posted on how it turns out.

Thread Information