Thread: Yearly programs

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone here offer a yearly maintenance program for a set price payable as a one-time payment made at the begining of the contract? For example, I have several clients that come twice maybe three times a year for a full detail. They spend $300-$500 for the year. With a program that I`d create they come for the initial "full detail" and then every other month there after for 5 mini, full, whatever details it takes to keep the vehicle up. Then possibly washes in between. Point of package is to keep vehicle from becoming so far gone everything has to be done all over again, each time taking hours. With this package you`re just maintaining. Doing only what needs to be done. This for a price thats affordable say, $500-$700. For the whole year. In the town that I live this may be a great option with all the busy professionals and crappy winters. Soccer moms with their trashed kid haulers, realestate agents and so on. Comments please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have comments?!

Anything?

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not offered such a program. While I believe it doable, it relies on the client to `fulfill` their end of the bargain... by returning on a scheduled basis.

OTH, Scottwax, and many others, have structured their entire business on maintenance-type/weekly washes.

So, it can work. It seems YOU have to sell it, however...

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple people on a maintenance program, plus a couple others who pay ahead because their job or schedule doesn`t always make them available to pay me each time.

$500-700 is way too cheap.

Full detail would run $150-300 depending on the vehicle and you`d probably do another $100 or so of work if you only came out every couple of months.

A better idea is to do the detail, then do weekly or twice monthly washes and maybe every 6 weeks, clean and dress the interior or add a coat of wax. That way, the car is cleaned at least twice a month and stays detailed all the time. Charge $30-50 for the washes and $65-125 or so for the extra service every 6 weeks (based on 45-75 minutes time for washes and 90-120 for the extra service). I wouldn`t worry about having them pay ahead. While it is nice to get that big check, every time you go back out, you feel like you are working for free.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that it seems cheap but, it is hard to get people to come back. Not because I do sub-par work. But, because they`re too cheap to spend that kind of money in this climate (MN). This way, they`re locked in and getting a deal. They`re always in contact with me and hopefully spreading the word of my work.

I am not mobile so that adds to the hassel of another appt. for my customers to tend.

I guess what I really want is for clients to come back more regularly. To maintain rather than do a full detail every 6 months.

I would much rather do $1200 or more a year on one vehicle but the market just isn`t here for that kind of work. The money is here but not the market. I advertise mainly to a very large medical institution and receive a bulk of my clients that way.

How do you persuade someone to spend their hard earned money on details? I educate them on what I do and the benefits that are gained but most will decline regular details and say, they`ll come back when they need to and thank me for the information.

Thanks for the comments so far!

Post Thanks / Like
    I offer year-round maintance programs, but I do a pay as you go program. Instead of asking your customers to shell out big money up front, I find it easier to attract them to the maintance program. The program is structured like this...

To start: (these figures are per vehicle)

Full Detail $160-200, depending on vehicle (2-3 step finish)

Now that the vehicle has been detailed properly...

Bi-weekly: $35.00 (wash/vac/interior spruce up/wheels/wells/tires dressed)

Every 5-6 months: $75.00-$100.00 (basic detail with 1 step wax, any touch up work, and one free added service from my extra`s menu)

Once a Year: $160-200, (again the full detail, with two free added services from extra`s menu) (usually most pick the engine degrease/dress and fabric protect.)

Some of my extra`s...

Fabric Protection...$25.00 per vehicle

Steam Cleaning...$25.00 per vehicle

Engine degrease and dress....$35.00 and up, depending on condition

Chrome or billet wheel polishing....$15.00 per wheel

Etc...

Almost all of my regulars are on the plan with more than one vehicle and they love it! The business owners and executives can`t get enough of it. My prices are very competitive with local shops and I am a single operator, so they know they will get the service every time I am there. My regulars always tip too. Repeat business always scores me a new customer when they simply walk or drive by.:grinno:

Thread Information