Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not so much worried about the prices as much as I am worried about what is in the sheet. I want to make shure things are in the right place and if I have left out any words or steps in the sheet. I hate to make different prices b/c I have had these same prices for about 2years. I really cant get anymore than that around this area, people just want wash/waxes.

Let me know what yall think!

Brandon Wiggins Detailing Price Sheet

Standard Wash: (recommended bi-weekly)

Interior: Vacuum, Clean all plastic/vinyl surfaces, Water-Based protectant on Vinyl/Plastic and Leather surfaces, Glass cleaned, Door Jambs wiped and Cleaned.

Exterior: Wash paint/glass/wheels/tires/wheel wells with sheepskin mitt and pH balanced shampoo, Dry with micro fiber towel, Apply synthetic spray wax to paint/glass, Dress tires/trim/and wheel wells with water-based no-sling dressing.

Price: $25-30 for cars/trucks/vans/suv’s.

Step 1 Package: (recommended every other month)

Exterior: Clean and Dress engine with water-based dressing, Apply synthetic paint sealant to paint/glass, Brake Dust repellant applied to all 4 wheels.

Price: $40 for cars, small truck/suv $50 for truck/van/large suv..

Step 2 Package: (recommended every six months)

Interior: Glass polish to remove film from glass, Stain removal from carpet and floor mats.

Exterior: Light paint polish (removes minor water spots and swirls), Carnauba wax applied over synthetic wax to deepen paint color and provide extra protection, Water spot removal from glass (add $20 for extreme spotting)

Price: $85 cars, small truck/suv $100 for truck/van/large suv

Step 3 Package: (recommended once a year)

Exterior: Clay bar to level and remove paint contaminants, Medium paint polish (removes most water spots and swirl marks from paint surface), Polish all chrome and wheels.

Price: $110 cars, small truck/suv $140 for truck/van/large suv

Any other vehicle other than what is listed in the price sheet can be quoted a price upon viewing of the vehicle. (Tractors, large trucks, boats, show cars). Muddy or excessively dirty (Interior and exterior) vehicles will be subject to an extra $20 over normal cost of Step 1,2,3 packages, and $15 on Standard wash.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Underpriced.

A wash, done properly, should take an hour, and be charged roughly $40-$50.

If you apply a sealant/wax, add $30. Another thing, add $20.

Then you`ll still be done in an hour and a half, and have made double.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you said you`re not worried about the price, but those prices are SOOOO lean.

Also, i think you should post stuff you do on the interior as well as the exterior, unless i`m reading it wrong and you really don`t do any interior stuff on those 2 packages.

Post Thanks / Like
    all "packages" are all steps above plus...... Ex: Step 2 all above steps plus......

I know I should do more on the prices, but it`s just a side job right now and I have had these prices for years. How would I increase prices to my normal customers without loosing some of them. I feel like I do really good work, but I just dont feel like I can get the prices. Also, all of my buisness is within 10min of my detail shop, and I dont want to lose that due to price increases.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets say you spend about one hour on a 30.00 wash. What expenses have to be taken from that?
    Ric
    3Dog Garage
    HOGtailing is my business

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking that`s way underpriced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Dog
    Lets say you spend about one hour on a 30.00 wash. What expenses have to be taken from that?

Well saying that the towels/brushes and other tools are all paid for. All I have to spend on the "standard wash" is a little soap, some glass cleaner, some spray wax, and some tire shine. And it takes me about one hour on the $30 wash, 1.5hrs on the "step 1", 2.5 hrs on the "step 2" and 4-5 hrs on the "step 3"
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s not broken, don`t fix it.

The key to getting more money for your services is to always make sure that you estimate each job on an individual basis. In other words, not all cars are the same age or in the same condition, therefore the amount of time you will need to spend on each vehicle will vary accordingly. As the time necessary to do a job increases, so should your prices.

Just add a bottom line that states; Prices subject to change depending on condition of vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    good prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you want to make any money or just pay for parts and gas?? J/K

Definately underpriced.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too say under priced. I made some changes on yours of stuff I might look at doing.

Brandon Wiggins Detailing Price Sheet

Standard Wash: (recommended bi-weekly)

*Interior: Vacuum, Glass cleaned, Wipe down interior. (For this price I would just wipe the interior down with a wet cloth or just dust it)

Exterior: Hand Wash Exterior..includes wheel and tire cleaned, tires and trim dressed, glass cleaned. (I wouldn`t do much more than that if that at all. I also wouldn`t get into the whole ph balanced stuff. Just say something like gentle scratch free hand wash. The average customer doesn`t understand the rest.)

Price: $25-30 for cars/trucks/vans/suv’s.

Step 1 Package: (recommended every other month)

*I don`t recommend having the engine as a Step 1 package. Maybe a complete package you can include the engine but it isn`t something I would get into at a Step 1 level for $40.

*I also wouldn`t say you are applying "paint sealant" to glass. The average customer is going to wonder why you are applying paint sealer to glass. I wouldn`t do it regardless. If you want to do something to glass besides clean it I would have it listed seperate as an add-on and just call it Glass Treatment or something.

Exterior: Clean and Dress engine with water-based dressing, Apply synthetic paint sealant to paint/glass, Brake Dust repellant applied to all 4 wheels.

Price: $40 for cars, small truck/suv $50 for truck/van/large suv..

Step 2 Package: (recommended every six months)

*I think the glass polish needs to go. A cleaning will be fine.

*I would stick to a one step final step products and not get into the whole layering one wax over another. Again, the average customer just wants a clean shiny car. They won`t see the difference in several layers of different waxes and one coat.

Interior: Glass polish to remove film from glass, Stain removal from carpet and floor mats.

Exterior: Light paint polish (removes minor water spots and swirls), Carnauba wax applied over synthetic wax to deepen paint color and provide extra protection, Water spot removal from glass (add $20 for extreme spotting)

Price: $85 cars, small truck/suv $100 for truck/van/large suv

Step 3 Package: (recommended once a year)

*Get rid of the leveling paint contaminants and just say remove. Instead of medium paint polish make it a "Two Step Paint Polish to remove medium scratches and blemishes."

Exterior: Clay bar to level and remove paint contaminants, Medium paint polish (removes most water spots and swirl marks from paint surface), Polish all chrome and wheels.

Price: $110 cars, small truck/suv $140 for truck/van/large suv

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Brandon,

You do great work and should get paid well for your level of detailing. But we have no idea of what pricing structure your area will tolerate. You have built a customer base and they have come accustomed to your pricing. If you want to make any changes then raise the prices on any new customers. Tell your usual customers that you are needing to raise your prices but that you are keeping theirs the same. That will make them feel like they are getting a gret service at an even better price!!

I agree with everything the Danase changed. When I start to explain what it is I do on a car I can see the customers eyes glaze over and I lose them two sentences into the explanation. They just want to know that their car will look amazing when it`s done and you have that part MORE than covered!

You have been doing this a lot longer that I have and I am already looking at raising my prices. Of course the demographic is probably way different here in California but everyone I talk to says that I need to raise my prices. If it`s a part time gig and you are enjoying yourself then do what you need to do and enjoy it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I will update my sheet accordingly.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Your prices are pretty similar to mine (on my 17th year). On the wash, I`d make the interior cleaning and dressing an extra optional charge. This is anything over vacuum, wipe (not clean) dash, door panels, console, interior glass. A weekly or biweekly regular customer if you want to keep it looking great on the inside you can can maintain it pretty easily. Non regular will eat a lot of time on the interior cleaning and condition.

Engine cleaning, skip it. You are not charging enough to justify the risks of cleaning engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know what it costs you to detail a car? If you don`t, than you don`t know what you are making/losing. More detail shops are NOT posting any prices. When you advertise price, you get jobs based on price. These are not always the best clients..you will lose them on price. I know one detailer who raised everything last year by $20. Guess what happened? He got more work! I would bet after expenses that you are profiting around $10 per hour or less!

A few others estimate and work by the hour. This ensures that you are making money.

Aren`t you paying more for some materials than you did years ago? Inflation? Your personal expenses? If so, you are making less money now with more experience. Doesn`t make sense. Most quality customers are not buying the cheapest "detail". They are buying value and consistency. If they know how well their car is being preserved and respect your services, then they are not going to run if you raise your prices. If they do, they are not good customers.

Rob Regan
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information