Post Thanks / Like
    As a mobile detailer this question is coming in to play with some questions people ask. I live in nothern maryland, and have people from north Virginia asking me to come detail their vehicle... That`s about an hour and a half drive... Is it worth it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hour and a half?

You may want to consider your fuel consumption and add it into your fees..........I go about 40 miles, but these are some of my better clients who I have had for some time. Gas was like $1.50 when I picked them up.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could charge your customer your hourly rate for your travel time. Or charge per mile.

Post Thanks / Like
    I make regular trips from Dallas to Houston (4 hours) provided they I have at least 4 cars lined up at a non-negotiable set rate (if they want more work, they pay extra) and I include my gas costs into there overall price.

It typically works out fine and they keep having me back over and over and over again.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    About once every month or two, I get details 1-2 hours away. I typically take them, but a travel fee applies. If you are interested in my travel fee, you can pm me.

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    anything over 20 miles I charge a flat rate of 20 bucks extra....

Post Thanks / Like
    I travel 100 miles round trip for free. The vehicle I drive gets about 25-30 mpg. So thats about $10 give or take. Anything over that is subject to a per mile fee.. and that fee depends on what gas prices are like. I typically charge .50 cents per mile.
    -2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition-

-651rwhp/567rwtq @ 6400rpm.

-D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-9psi-

Post Thanks / Like
    5 miles is furthest I go now with one exception. I have 3 customers at a business that I go to 6 times a month that is 10 miles away but I`ve been washing their cars for 15 years. I`ve always stayed within 15 miles though. I never traveled further mainly because I didn`t have too. If I traveled I`d want my hourly rate or close to it for anything over my average distance plus fuel.

Whose yer DADDY!??!?!?!?! LastDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    I make regular trips from Dallas to Houston (4 hours) provided they I have at least 4 cars lined up at a non-negotiable set rate (if they want more work, they pay extra) and I include my gas costs into there overall price.
    +1 I don`t mind travelling as long as I am getting compensated for it with a good amount of work to do while I am there. I doubt very much that I would drive a significant distance for a wash and wax on just one car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I charge a flat rate for out of my area. Depending on where, I add anywhere from $10-30

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too, travel some. I have a customer that is about 1.5 hours from me. He has all the Supras that I do. Buys and sells them. I just work it into the price. It`s about 75.00 higher than usual.

I love to drive though!

Post Thanks / Like
    I charge $xx an hour travel time and hotel if we stay the night in their area. I recently did a job in Vegas. I charged for 7 hours travel and two nights hotel.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    If they will pay it......I will come.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette

It typically works out fine and they keep having me back over and over and over again.:xyxthumbs

Same deal with me going to down to Austin. I usually have at least 4-6 vehicles and I charge enough to cover my gas and hotel bill since it always ends up being a two day deal and I go down the night before.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I charge an additional $30 destination fee if I go outside of my 30 mile radius. From the time it takes to get there and back plus fuel....it needs to be worth while for both parties.

Thread Information