Post Thanks / Like
    Well, after having my ideas of starting a mobile detailing business and writing and finishing my business plan, getting a small business foundation I`ve decided I want to do it right.

Currently, I drive an `02 IS300 which I bought in September, and now I want a detailing vehicle. This is where I figure, let`s ask the pros.

What are your thoughts for a detailing rig; I`ll be selling the IS300 to pay for the rig as well as throw some stuff in it (water tank, pressure washer, generator, etc). Essentially I`ll have ~$12,000, maybe a little more for the truck itself.

It`ll also be my daily driver, so I can`t be driving some huge van or something of the sort. I`m currently really stuck on the ford lightning just for the mere fact that I`m a speed junky and LOVE those trucks.

Please post your thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    for 12K....tacoma!!!! cant be beat...

or a 6cyl f150....gutless, but plenty of room....

i dont think you are going to get reliable, speed and newish with 12K

Post Thanks / Like
    You`d be surprised at what I can get. I have a lot of connections in my local area with wholesalers! I used to work for one, so I can get `em pretty cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you really want to be speeding around with a bed full of water and equipment anyway? You arn`t going to take it out every day are you? Sounds like you would be best suited with a truck and a trailer setup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely sounds like a good idea. Though I have no trouble taking the stuff out of the bed of the truck on a daily basis. I`m a big ******* and have plenty of help around the house to help me with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charisma
    You`d be surprised at what I can get. I have a lot of connections in my local area with wholesalers! I used to work for one, so I can get `em pretty cheap.

Just make sure the wholesalers you konw have a retail license as well as wholesale. If not, then they would have to sell to a lot, and then you purchase. =added price for more paper work

Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed he does.

Anywho... How`s a 2001 Toyota Tacoma with the short bed + bed cap sound? It`s green, automatic with 117,000 miles. I figure 5500-6k and it`s a deal? Take the rest and use half for the business, half for a project car. (I love working on cars!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Something that has enough room, can carry the load and is economical would be what I`d be looking for if starting out. If you have a lot in savings a project car would be fine. If not then I wouldn`t do that. I`d want enough saved that I could fix any problem with my work vehicle and setup that might come up. Always have an out for yourself. I remember a few months ago my generator failed to start early in the day. I had a couple of cars still to do but my generator wasn`t working and I had no access to an electrical outlet. No problems though as I have a 700watt inverter that will power my vacuum (little slower though) and my PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charisma
    Indeed he does.

Anywho... How`s a 2001 Toyota Tacoma with the short bed + bed cap sound? It`s green, automatic with 117,000 miles. I figure 5500-6k and it`s a deal? Take the rest and use half for the business, half for a project car. (I love working on cars!)

:2thumbs:

I would look for a long bed...IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not keep the lexus and get a trailer for it? Cheapest way out.
    Rob.

Thread Information