Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    sealant then canuba topper, or two carnuba wax....cure time about an hour to two hours in the sun...usually its M21, then on a final wipe down of the whole car i hit it with some OCW....really makes the paint pop after the 21

Joe I want to know how you booked the job for 1200...unless you wetsanded the whole thing...or did you charge more for the risk factor....(messing up the paint and having to repaint, claim it on insurance, then having to pay more insurance monthly.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Superior Fine
    We detailed this for $1200.
    How many man hours it took?

Post Thanks / Like
    I detail those 6 dump trucks I did a while ago including degreasing, dressing, and wax on the cab for $900. I ususally do a full job on a truck for $170 or so.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    A recent survey taken by the magazine "Auto Laundry" stated the average full detail price by those polled to be $190 and change, FWIW.

Post Thanks / Like
    The owner wanted absolute perfection and that was as perfect as we could get it under the conditions we did it at.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm a vehicle that size. Lets say you wanted it lookin the best it can possibly look.

Well i would have to inspect it first and do a test panel = free.

Then lets say it was in bad condition and after the inspection and test panel i decide it needs 3 step polish, sealant and then a nuaba i would charge $300-$400.

This would also include rims, tires, wheel wells etc

I also would do a quick vaccum and wipe down of the dash and all plastics etc.

I do engine bays but for only a select few people and i make that a job in itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some before and during shots --

The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!!! how doees anyone let their ferrari get in that condition....its so much cheaper to maintain rather than correct in most cases....geesh!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! This has been really informative and interesting. Actually, I would have thought the average price would have been a little higher considering the time, overhead, etc,.

Not as high as the work on the Ferrari, even though the paint maybe needed 2 to 3 step polishing.

I really appreciate all the candid observations/information, thank you all.

Changeling

The only thing I found bad was the advertised "White Trash", dude you need to get a grip on life and change that message, just my opinion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Superior Fine
    Here are some before and during shots --
    Wow, I hope owner was very happy afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM
    A recent survey taken by the magazine "Auto Laundry" stated the average full detail price by those polled to be $190 and change, FWIW.

How many steps & equipment would this include? I remember reading one of the Professional Washing Associations saying for basic cleaning/minor protection the National Average was 160, this is non paint correction!

Post Thanks / Like
    Changeling,

the average here in MA is around 175.00 - 250-00 (this is for fixed locations). Mobile is a slightly different story on average I`ll quote no less than 225.00 and the highest thus far has been 450.00 , as any business should, I base my prices on my operational cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    As you can clearly see, the average price charged for a full detail detail can vary from one detailer to another and from one location to another. Your prices should not be based solely on the prices of other detailers. It is okay to know what they charge, however, you should not base your prices on that fact alone.

In order to cover expenses and stay in business you should consider pricing your detailing services somewhere between what you want to make and what you actually need to make in order to cover expenses, make a reasonable profit and stay in business.

In order to do this, you will need to have a clear understanding of how much money you need to make per hour. The amount of money you need to make per hour will become your hourly rate. Once you know your hourly rate, you can then estimate how long you think an average detailing job will take to complete. This information will give you a clear picture of how much you will need to charge.

From a business standpoint, it is important to make sure all of your jobs are priced according to your hourly rate. Whether you are detailing a large vehicle or a mid-size car, the key is to always base your prices on your hourly rate. That is the true key to pricing.

Post Thanks / Like
    As always, good information Frank; but what is your price?
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brwill2005
    As always, good information Frank; but what is your price?

Brad,

Actually, my prices work out very similar to between the $225 and $250 you charge for a full detail of an average size car. Basically, I aim for an hourly rate of $60 per hour. And since the average vehicle takes about four hours to complete, that is an average of about $240.

Of course, you should always take into consideration all of the other things such as travel time (for mobile detailers), the size, age and condition of the vehicle. These factors will all affect the total amount of time needed to get the job done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information