Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in the process of launching my detailing business and am also in the process of looking for a good truck to haul things around and light towing.

I`m strongly leaning towards the Nissan Titan, what would you pro. detailers use if given the choice?

Post Thanks / Like
    The Titan gets very poor gas milage.

Post Thanks / Like
    If only for a buisness, it`s hard to beat the ford f150 work truck option. It`s cheap, nice, and gets great gas milage (v6).
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Scion xB. Get it vinyl wrapped in your logo/business card. Its an attention getter.

Light towing, I dont know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsatek
    Scion xB. Get it vinyl wrapped in your logo/business card. Its an attention getter.

Light towing, I dont know.

:har:

I would drive one of those shoe boxes if you paid me........:funnypost

I`m really sticking with trucks here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    The Titan gets very poor gas milage.

I read 19mpg on the highway for the Titan.

I`d like to stick with a V8 engine, do you know how it would compare an F150??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    I`m really sticking with trucks here.

:goodjob

F150s are plentiful, less expensive than GM and imports, and are very durable trucks. I`m a GM supporter myself, but I do know the Ford is a good product.

The 3 valve 5.4L Triton is rated at 300 HP, I do believe. While it`s not a screamer off the line, it has plenty of torque for towing and passing on the interstate. Fuel mileage will be comparable to that 19 highway. I think they`re rated around 15 in town.

The 4.6L is OK, but if you are comparing to the other engines on the market, it`s a bit low on power and torque. I think it`s around 245 HP in the `07s. Not sure if they still offer the 4.2L 6 cylinder. That keeps the cost down a bit more.

Post Thanks / Like
    With regards to the Titan, I know that I`ve read about and heard discussion about differential problems. Service histories show that they tend to chew up a rear end prematurely if used for any kind of "spirited" driving or regular towing, even if not heavy duty. I would do a lot of research on that if you`re planning on using one for towing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I absolutely love the look of the Titan and there aren`t 1,000,000 of them on the road yet but I may need to check into the F150 also.......maybe one of those HarleyDavidson Editions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    I read 19mpg on the highway for the Titan.

I`d like to stick with a V8 engine, do you know how it would compare an F150??

I looked into the Titans, but I heard many, many actual reports of poor gas mileage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I drive a tundra as well as someone else on here I know...gets about 15-20 MPG street/highway....I would opt for the solid rear window on any truck you get more area for advertising on the truck instead of on the paint....the 3 piece slider on my truck has been opened about 3 times in two years....not worth it!

I would have gotten a v6 to get better mileage around town, the V8 is overkill if you are not towing anything. Even a 4cyl would be better! I put everything in my bed, no trailer. If you are towing something really light <3000 pounds, get a v6 in a full size truck to keep costs down - insurance, gas, cost of the truck, maintenance, etc

look into the tacoma, silverado, tundra for trucks

if you are looking for a SUV, the tahoe is really nice and roomy and can be found for a good price cheap...same with the expedition

either route you go, never get a black car, and always keep it really clean

Post Thanks / Like
    JoshVette,

I have the same plans as you do except I`ve already got the truck. I purchased this truck about a week ago to start my own mobile detailing business also.

Here are a few pics of it...

Sorry about the crappy pics, but I just took them a few minutes ago just to give you another option to consider in addition to the Titan and the others mentioned.

What kind of trailer do you plan on getting? I don`t have one yet, but hopefully I will soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d say pick up a used diesel version from any of the big 3, find one a few years old and you`ll get a great deal, just avoid 03` Powerstrokes. Friend is taking delivery of his new GMC 3500HD with every option in January. Can`t wait to see how it drives, still think the last gen looks better, but that new interior looks sick and apparently drives pretty smooth for a HD truck. Heck the old one drive nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    why diesel??? he has no need for it...he is going to do LIGHT hauling....nothing you need diesel for...plus it costs more than gas now....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    I`d say pick up a used diesel version from any of the big 3, find one a few years old and you`ll get a great deal, just avoid 03` Powerstrokes. Friend is taking delivery of his new GMC 3500HD with every option in January. Can`t wait to see how it drives, still think the last gen looks better, but that new interior looks sick and apparently drives pretty smooth for a HD truck. Heck the old one drive nice.

Mmmm...my gf`s dad has one of those suckers. Holy crap do they ever move. And so smooth, I was very impress. Much nicer than the F350 I worked on a couple weeks ago.
    Carvista Inc. - Asper School of Business

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information