Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorfinishman
    It is always a good idea to call your customer the day before their appointment. Doing that shows a you have a professional approach to business, much the same as a doctor or dentist`s office would call the day before an appointment. That usually works for everyone.

Exactly. I do the same. People tend to forget about appointments all the time...don`t ask me how I know. I also call them a day after the detail, to make sure everything is still satisfactory.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been going to the same doctor for many years. She must have changed office managers lately because they have been busting b@lls the past couple of times I`ve been there and now I don`t feel like going back:

- I went for an appointment and they used to take credit cards or bill me later for the copay. This time they wouldn`t even see me unless I paid cash up front. So I had to go hunt down an ATM machine, get cash, pay, and then wait extra time because now it`s past my appointment time and she`s already seeing other patients.

- After that appointment, I made another one for 4 months later. I missed it because my wife received the reminder call and forgot to tell me. Instead of following up to see if I wanted to reschedule, they sent me a bill for $25 for missing it.

This type of behaviour really turns me off about this place. I`m happy with the doctor but it`s the office policies that really tick me off.

Moral of the story is treat the customer with respect and (most of the time) you will be rewarded.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked
    I`ve been going to the same doctor for many years. She must have changed office managers lately because they have been busting b@lls the past couple of times I`ve been there and now I don`t feel like going back:

I guarantee you that the office manager doesn`t make the payment rules. Your doctor has changed the way he/she does business after getting stood up too many times and not getting the copayments owed. Sorry you feel spurned but take it up with the doctor and log your appointments in your cell phone reminder so you don`t have to worry about not getting the reminder call and remember that you have to pay the copay upfront. I`m not coming down on you, just offering alternatives to switching from a Doctor that you like and had no problem with before.

My hand surgeon charged me $15 to fill out the FMLA paperwork. Boy, was I pissed. I cussed the nurse, the billier, then the office manager. I was NOT going to pay! Then the docotor came in for the exam and I cussed her. Then I find out that she is a franchise (more or less) for the doctors she did her surgical internship with. It wasn`t her rule, it was the franchise rule and she couldn`t go against it as she had to pay the doctors back for the year of surgical training they gave her. The FMLa paperwork was actually faxed to the main office and filled out there. I paid the fee, got my FMLA and the surgery was a success. It was a small price to pay for one of the best trained carpel tunnel surgeons in the mid-East.
    Autoeng

Post Thanks / Like
    Been stood up too. But one lady pissed me off bad. I showed up right on time waited 40 mins, left a card "sorry we missed each other, call me to reschedule" She called 4 hrs later, said to come the next morning... So I did and BAM she`s not there. Well she will have to find another sucker to waste time.

I don`t have much patience for late people. Bad I know, but make a fool of me once... Twice, I`m an ***. But there will not be a third time.
    Rob.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GregCavi
    That`s what I do. If someone shows up an hour late than, they are already down an hours rate.

P.S. glad to hear it worked out alright!

Greg

Do you let these customers know this policy before they do business with you? Are you selling jobs at an hourly rate on a clock vs. a per car price?

Its just something to think about, I know you are a young guy. I wouldn`t like to see you end up losing customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    late fees sting more than guilt. ;p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information