Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering what size tank you are running for water, and how much water are you using per day. if you have a 50 gallon tank are you using all 50, less or more? and also how many vehicles are you washing with it. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    This varies on amount, condition and size. We almost always use 50-80 gallons a day. Two Saturdays ago we used 550 gal.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 225 Gallon tank that I keep at around 120-150gallons. Any more and my truck doesn`t like to move

I use average of 40 gallons per car, maybe 20 on clean ones, and 50-60 on a muddy truck.

Post Thanks / Like
    50 gallons. 5 cars if I am using my pressure washer. 7-8 if I use my shurflo 12v pump. Since most of my business is weekly washes I don`t use the pressure washer on every car. I live right next to where most of my business is and have a bunch of customers that will let me grab some water if I need it. If I use QEW or similar on any of the cars my yeild will be much higher. It varies a lot though, I clean a volkswagon every other week that is always cover in dirt. If there has been a lot of rain it`ll be caked in mud. I`ll just about drain the tank on one car then.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m about to buy my pressure washer was thinking of getting a 150 gallon tank its going in a ford E150 should I go bigger. Does that sound right that StumpyDetailing uses 40 gallons of water per car

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Joe said, the number of gallons used varies as greatly as the conditions of the vehicles you will come across. That said, I can`t remember ever using forty gallons on anything. The 30` trailer I wash monthly only consumes 25. . . 15 of which was in the buckets. I average about nine gallons per vehicle. My 95 gallon tank gets me through about nine washes. Consider where you will be refilling the tank in relation to the locale of your clients/jobs and decide on how many washes you are going to knock out before you`re on E. Details included, I only wash between 12-18 a week. Two fills and I`m cool with that. Bla bla, HTH

My pump pushes up to 2.5gpm while my PW is diffused to about 1200psi. This link will help you choose the appropriate nozzle. Ă‚¡Muy importante!
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys, helps a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpyDetailing
    I have a 225 Gallon tank that I keep at around 120-150gallons. Any more and my truck doesn`t like to move

I use average of 40 gallons per car, maybe 20 on clean ones, and 50-60 on a muddy truck.

Holy smokes!

I use about 65 gallons on two dump trucks! One is a Mack dump and the other is a Chevy dump.

On cars, I average about 8-15 gallons on regular automobiles if using my PW.
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    40 GALLONS PER CAR!?!?!?!? WHOOOOO WHEEEEE!!! :soscared:
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, not 40 gallons PER CAR, 40 gallons on a really muddy dirty car.

I rinse every car completely before I even fill a bucket of soap. I pressure wash the entire car, then the wheelwells, and then all the undercarriage I can reach.

Then I do the wheels one at a time, and finally get some suds and start cleaning, rinsing the car every 1/4 of the vehicle.

20-35 gallons is probably a better estimate

I usually fill to approximatly 120gallons before leaving, and after a car and a truck, I`m usually at around 60gallons. Then I`m running nearly empty if I have any other jobs lined up after that.... I find that extra is worth it, besides, water is free!

Post Thanks / Like
    i use to carry a 240 gallon, kept it right around 100 most of the time, i only ran out when i was running around like a dummy doing washes all over the place. i`d say 60-80 gallons is perfect, then just use a rinseless for previously detailed vehicles youve sheduled maintainance for.

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use a 60 gallon tank. It`s good for 3 full details including mats, engine, and the vehicle. I can get 10-15 washes out of it on regular wash day. Funny thing is most of my clients insist on my using their water and electricity. They really don`t want to hear my generator blarring all day!

Post Thanks / Like
    i went out and bought a 275 gallon(smallest they had) and filled it up to 150 to see if i would need more or not. i went out to wash a few of my friends company trucks. his was a filthy black f350 lifted, i also did an f250 pretty clean, and then i did a van for another company which was very dirty. i used about 60 gallons when all said and done on those 3 vehicles. sorry they are camera phone pics, and i dont know the rules about covering up business phone numbers and such. not my business but did it any way just incase. and these were just washes, no detailing.

Friends truck

Company truck, not so dirty

Going to lunch i got to see a Maybach, pretty sweet

Dirty van

Post Thanks / Like
    I do well with my 110 gal. tank. On average I use 7-10 gal. per car and I also carry a hose reel. Haven`t had to use it yet but nice to have just in case.

Thread Information