Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the first draft--I know that I want to change the "w" as I feel it`s too hard to read, I might even change the whole font.

Any input would be greatly appreciated--TIA

I have thick skin--fire away.

Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Very classy, conveys an image of quality.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I think if thats the theme your going for then it looks great. You have to think about little things though, like replicating that small for a business card or die cut vinyl . Its pretty busy and may be hard to brand. It doesnt really say any thing about detailing, but that might not matter. Its pretty sharp though. Sorry that probably doesnt help at all.
    Detail ME

05 Tacoma TRD sport

99 Audi A4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cj99si
    I think if thats the theme your going for then it looks great. You have to think about little things though, like replicating that small for a business card or die cut vinyl . Its pretty busy and may be hard to brand. It doesnt really say any thing about detailing, but that might not matter. Its pretty sharp though. Sorry that probably doesnt help at all.

Yeah, I sort of wanted to go in the opposite direction of the typical "guy with pressure washer", or the "bucket of suds" logo`s. I just wanted it to have an "old world service-based feel" to it, if that makes sense. I just want it to be classy...

Thanks guys, keep it coming!!
    Word of Mouth Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe flip the top-left handprint so that the thumb is on the right to help with the symmetry?

Post Thanks / Like
    Very high end classy logo. It depicts a very high end, luxurious service, and the name, "word of mouth," conveys that your work is on an entirely different level than the other guys.

Greg
    :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked
    Maybe flip the top-left handprint so that the thumb is on the right to help with the symmetry?

seconded

The only thing that barely bothers me is that the shield edges are so precise, where as everything else isn`t. Looks great though!

Post Thanks / Like
    If it works for your area then I think it`s nice and very unique. It definately portrays class. It`s interesting to see how different parts of the country can have different logos work for them. In my area, I don`t think I could pull that logo off because of the Hispanic population that have logos like that and their last name in lettering like that. I would just be looked at as another Rodriquez going down the road with my tinted windows. haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    If it works for your area then I think it`s nice and very unique. It definately portrays class. It`s interesting to see how different parts of the country can have different logos work for them. In my area, I don`t think I could pull that logo off because of the Hispanic population that have logos like that and their last name in lettering like that. I would just be looked at as another Rodriquez going down the road with my tinted windows. haha

They use old world English fonts for their names?

Thanks guys!!

One thing about the hands-- I *believe* that it changes the meaning if you turn it--will check it out. I am big on symmetry myself.
    Word of Mouth Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    While the logo is very nice it really has nothing at all to do with auto detailing. IMO it is too large and the most important information (Auto Detailing Services) is the smallest of the three. If you were to put that on the side of a van or advertise in the local paper the reader`s eye would be drawn to the crest and not to the fact that you are a detailer, they might think you`re a dry cleaner or caterer as they may not read everything.

Try showing it as it is to someone for two seconds and ask them what they just saw and what it was for.

If you like the crest why not reduce it`s relative size and change the hands and the Fleur de Lis images to something automotive?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTowel
    While the logo is very nice it really has nothing at all to do with auto detailing. IMO it is too large and the most important information (Auto Detailing Services) is the smallest of the three. If you were to put that on the side of a van or advertise in the local paper the reader`s eye would be drawn to the crest and not to the fact that you are a detailer, they might think you`re a dry cleaner or caterer as they may not read everything.

Try showing it as it is to someone for two seconds and ask them what they just saw and what it was for.

If you like the crest why not reduce it`s relative size and change the hands and the Fleur de Lis images to something automotive?

Great idea--THANK YOU!!

I wasn`t too concerned with the logo *not* being automotive related, or showing anything about detailing because I always imagined that it would be accompanied by other pictures, text, etc. In other words for an advertisement you might see a picture of a white glove holding a q-tip, cleaning out a vent, then the logo above that. Does that make sense? Should I rethink that?
    Word of Mouth Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what the image looks like at 200x200...

Word of Mouth Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the logo. I agree, the auto detailing part should be larger. I think the image actually gives nice imagery with regards to detailing. The shield represents the protection you give to the autos, while the lions are like the elements that attack the paint. Maybe instead of the hands and the other image in the shield, you could put cars/trucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually had a coat of arms rough draft drawn up to submit to my graphic designer. I was going to use it for the back of a tee shirt.

It would be cool if you could make the shield more recognizable. Similar to what Porsche and Ferrari have as their logo. Maybe leave 2/4 of the spaces with artwork and add images that relate to detailing in the other 2. That way the shield will stand out without the other artwork.

Post Thanks / Like
    Noting that I know a little bit about the folks in your area (from high-school dropouts to PhDs):

At the risk of sounding like a real downer much as I like the Olde Englishe font and crest idea, I don`t think it`s best for this application. As mentioned it might have some negative connotations to some potential customers or be something that they won`t read/get at a glace. It`s a fine line between classy and hoity-toity for some folks too, silly as I find that, and it might be something that your target demographic (I`m thinking Memphis, specifically) might not relate to.

I`m with Leo, work toward something that *the typical customer in your area* will both relate to and assimilate quickly, even if you do expect them to look at it a lot longer.

Memphis is Memphis Gotta play to your audience. I`d try to think up something that`ll click with the people you`re after.

You`re trying to say "better than a carwash, better than a crappy "detailer", worth paying for as opposed to doing it yourself" right? How do you get that across :nixweiss

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information