Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd jobs?

Post Thanks / Like
    so i have been detailing for about 4 years now and been doing it as a profession for the last 6 months only though....even though the business is steady and everything i am looking into a 2nd job for nites and weekends....

any of you others work 2nd jobs for the extra income?....if so what are you doing?

what would some of you suggest for a another job?...

thanx in advance for the help!

-JOE
    AZ`s FINEST IN AUTO RECONDITIONING AND DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like
    Bartending...

In the sports bar/restraunt setting you can pull away $200/night in tips + wage

If you bartend wedding events you can usually come home with $100/night tips + hourly fee from wedding party (usually $20/hour)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    Bartending...

In the sports bar/restraunt setting you can pull away $200/night in tips + wage

If you bartend wedding events you can usually come home with $100/night tips + hourly fee from wedding party (usually $20/hour)

thats what i was thinkin about but all the places around here in PHX want people with experience..??.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that definately sucks, I started out as a bus boy at 16 and worked my way up to bartender by 17. I guess if you`re willing some bars hire bar backs and you could hope for the best that they need another bartender eventually to take on another shift.

Here is a website I used for the past two months...just type in your zipcode and when the search comes up switch the search radius at the top to 15 miles and see which jobs are available, maybe you will see some for nights/weekends only or at least give you some ideas. Worth a shot right? Good luck!

www.indeed.com

By the way, jobs are updated daily.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been a delivery driver for an AUtoglass distribution company... I moved up to basically assistant manager, and then went to part-time, 3 days a week... Now I detail 3 days a week, and work there 3 days a week.... Works good in case detailing slows down in winter

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    Well that definately sucks, I started out as a bus boy at 16 and worked my way up to bartender by 17. I guess if you`re willing some bars hire bar backs and you could hope for the best that they need another bartender eventually to take on another shift.

Here is a website I used for the past two months...just type in your zipcode and when the search comes up switch the search radius at the top to 15 miles and see which jobs are available, maybe you will see some for nights/weekends only or at least give you some ideas. Worth a shot right? Good luck!

www.indeed.com

By the way, jobs are updated daily.

sweet thanx!....there is acutally a listing rite down the street from me that may work out!

Creating Parking Lot Envy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I install custom hardwood floors which fit in just fine with my clients and generally lead to more car polishing opportunities. My clients understand that I do have to make a profit to stay in business and for me polishing paint and custom floors are a passion I have and I am lucky enough to be a craftsman where the final finish really does produce smiles, oohs and aahs plus new leads.

Post Thanks / Like
    the thing is it has to be a nite only job....i detail 6 days a week usually between 8am and like 4pm...so my nites are theobly time i ahve open...i am looking at a few bar jobs and a valet job also

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by I.A.S.
    at the pace i am going and have been going will prolly do close to 300 cars this year

Joe,

Why would you need to find a second job when you do close to 300 cars a year? Are these low priced washes? or full details?

Post Thanks / Like
    I worked part time as a waiter while getting my detailing business going, and I could make $150 a night on weekends in tips.

It took about a year of both detailing and waiting tables before I was making enough money from detailing to quit waiting. Since then, detailing has been my only source of income-although there have been a few wet winters where I have considered taking a part time job because I was losing weeks at a time of income due to rain.

This year, I have people in Phoenix, Florida and California who would each have at least a week of work for me if the weather here turns bad. Even if I pay my own travel expenses, I`d make enough that it would be worth it-and making something (minus expenses) is always better than making nothing.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    This year, I have people in Phoenix, Florida and California who would each have at least a week of work for me if the weather here turns bad. Even if I pay my own travel expenses, I`d make enough that it would be worth it-and making something (minus expenses) is always better than making nothing.

CALIFORNIA !?!?!

OOOOOH NO YOU DON`T!

YOU STAY ON YOUR HALF AND I WILL STAY ON MINE - :rules:
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    waiter for sure...easiest 20+/hr you can make, and you meet MANY potential clients.....just done let the bosses catch you soliciting = fired!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Superior Fine
    CALIFORNIA !?!?!

OOOOOH NO YOU DON`T!

Northern Cali, not La-La land.

Honestly, that is probably too far away to make it worth it unless I shipped my equipment out and flew. Driving would be at least 2 1/2 days each way. I can make it Phoenix in about 15 hours, a bit more for Florida.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Superior Fine
    CALIFORNIA !?!?!

OOOOOH NO YOU DON`T!

:LOLOL :spit: Just both of you stay out of Northern VA, Maryland, and DC and we will all be happy. Winters here suck so you both wouldnt want to come here anyway! lol
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by I.A.S.
    ... and a valet job also

And leave your card in every car you park :2thumbs:
    Mike K
    I know just enough to get me in trouble!

`04 Toyota 4-Runner Sport EditionV8
    `06 Honda Accord LX Special Edition
    `50 Chevy Streetrod - Air Force Blues, 383, 500hp, 540lbft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information