Post Thanks / Like
    what to include??? name, number, slogan

my layout looks something like this...

......ENVIOUS............######

s l o g a n...........DETAILING

its more spread out, but you get the point, no dots

lets see your banners if you have one....where did you get it, and price if you dont mind

Post Thanks / Like
    Well you saw mine in the other thread, but whoever you buy it from should do a couple of designs and layouts and let you choose. Yellow book vinyl graphic/banners and call around to see how much everyone charges. I got my guy to trade services on the banner, signs, and vinyl (advertising) on my car. I would suggest you find someone who is interested. Seems like everytime I try to trade services with another company, they act like it`s a great idea, like their car has needed it forever and there was nobody to call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im "banner" challenged........There has to be some folks in here who have the know how.........Im looking for a few for my website...........
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your name and number should be the biggest and if it were me, the only thing on the banner.

What size banner are you getting, and how far will it be from the roads,traffic??

Oh and just so you know, a yellow banner with red block lettering is easy to see from a distance. I`m a sign guy also so i know this stuff lol. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    well, i came up with something like a 4x10 foot banner hanging across the 12x12 ex up.....adds more shade too if in the right angle with the sun....

I was thinking 3 lines: took out the w and o for no links...

###### - on the far top right

ww.ENVIOUSDETAILING.cm

slogan on the far left

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to disagree about the name being really big. Last year the Pro/Carwash mag ran a sign competition. Every single judge, industry experts, applauded the signs where the words Car Wash were very clear. You can`t assume the avg. consumer is going to know that ___detailing is a car wash and detailing biz. I had Regan`s Detailing on my car with smaller words around it talking about car washing, waxing, etc. I was asked by a customer once, "Do you wash cars?" She was not sure if the "Detailing" meant car washing/detailing. She thought I might do cabinet work or something like that.

The words, "Car Wash", Auto Spa", "Auto Wash and Detailing", should be noticeable.

I had a black banner with large bright yellow text. My website was in each corner in red.

You don`t want a potential customer driving by to spend 5 seconds trying figure if you do cars...they don`t have the attention span, or the time to think while driving. Make it easy.

Rob
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    The words `AUTO DETAILING` should be the biggest words on all of your marketing and advertising items, signs and banners. It is what you do and that is the simple message that must be communicated.

The name of your business is secondary.

Think about it. Most pizza shops have the word PIZZA as the biggest word on their outdoor signs. The actual name of their business is usually much smaller. Just look around and take note of the biggest words used on outdoor signs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank,

Correct!

Rob
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply Rob.

Hey, even my business cards have the words, AUTOMOBILE DETAILING bigger than anything else on the card. The same thing goes for all of the promotions items I hand out to customers such as pens, pencils and calendars.

In most cases, when one of my customers introduces me to a friend or neighbor, they usually say something like; `I would like you to meet Frank Canna, he has his own automobile detailing business. ` What is talked about is automobile detailing not the name of my business.

It is interesting to understand what people really focus on when you take the time to stop and think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

What customers think.
    Carvista Inc. - Asper School of Business

Post Thanks / Like
    Very impressive Steve!

Thread Information