Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    *This thread is not meant to be a discusion of if it is worth buying zyml*

I was wondeering for those of you who have tried the zymol glazes and own a show, how have they performed?

Also with the vintage wax, do you rasie your price for application or is it stanard, also does it attract customers. I amlooking at spending the money if it will help me make money, so for those of oyu who do this for a living (or those who do enough details to make it count) has zymol either inceased bussiness/awarness and would you say it is worth the 2000 investment. Thank you for your help

-mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Using a $2000 wax would not be cost effective. I suppose that if you are marketing yourself as a super high end detailer, the Zymol would be appealing to some. You can get results that are just as good, or better from products that cost $20. Most of the shine comes from the prep and polishing anyways. If you are making a living detailing, the point is to offer a great service to your customers in the most economical way. Using a $2000 wax would not be economical.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    i understand that its more of prep then product, i know how to properly detail a car like most mebers here, i dont think that $2000 jar of wax would be econmoical if it was 2g for one jar, however its unlimted refils so it really works out to be shipping plus the sunk cost of the jar. Also for those who haev used it they may charge more for the use of it. for example a normal ash and wax is $40 bucks (just an example) but for an extra 50 bucks will use a $2000 wax, its more of a marketing tool then somthign that will be used on everycar that comes in. I just want to know if ianyone has used it as a marketing tool? But thank you for yo 2 cents they are appciated really they are, once i decide if its worth it as an advertisng/marketing tool, then i will have to make the descision as to if is really worth 2g for the quilty, but as far as i am concered right now i am writing up a bussiness plan for an investor and need to know how other have found the product for upping sales.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you have a solid idea with the upsell of Vintage. I think there`s certainly a group of people in this world who would be willing to pay extra for it.

If you`re looking for more information on how this idea could work you could try contacting one of the Zymol registered detailers. If you check Zymol`s website they have a list by area. I would suggest contacting one that`s not close by to enhance your chance that they will share information with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    What are the advantages for your clients when upgrading to the zymol? Longer Lasting? Shine? Durability? Is it just telling them that the wax cost $2000? Seems to me that when there is an "upgrade" involved, there should be advantages associated with it as well. A simple $30 gal. of a quality paint sealant should outlast a carnauba wax even if it does cost $2k. Just curious as to how you would upsell the wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLine
    What are the advantages for your clients when upgrading to the zymol? Longer Lasting? Shine? Durability? Is it just telling them that the wax cost $2000? Seems to me that when there is an "upgrade" involved, there should be advantages associated with it as well. A simple $30 gal. of a quality paint sealant should outlast a carnauba wax even if it does cost $2k. Just curious as to how you would upsell the wax?
    I`d like to know this too. If it can`t be explained properly, it could potential cost you a sale, if not your reputation. I would much rather sell a quality service rather than an outragously expensive product.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarydetail
    ........i dont think that $2000 jar of wax would be econmoical if it was 2g for one jar, however its unlimted refils so it really works out to be shipping plus the sunk cost of the jar. ..........
    You might want to call or e-mail Zymol and ask about that "unlimited" refill policy. I have read elsewhere that it`s limited to one refill per year. Depending on how many Zymol upgrades you plan on doing that may or may not be an issue.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I already conatceted them and wasa told that is unlimted refils as often as needed, i even called them to double check they told me it was just a rumon spread around the net. So im going to assume its unlimted refils whenever needed, the only catch is you have to pay the shipping both ways so that coukld add up

As to what my pitch would be, i dont have one yet i dont need one yet, there are plenty of ways to sell and upgrade, and i live in a city with lots of oil money and lots of people who like to show there oil money, what better waythen having one of the worlds most expensive waxes on there car. Like I said right now im just intrested in if it has worked for other people, if so, and IF (thats a big if) i choose to buy it then ill decide how im going to sell it. Thats a ways aways, right now im more looking at budgeting for a bussiness plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the fan belts we used to sell when I worked at Goodyear.

We sold $12 fan belts for $95 with a lifetime warranty that didn`t include labor.

If your wax is worth $2000 than why are they giving it for free when your re-fill?

If you re-fill 4 times then you really are only using $400 wax. 10 times $200 wax.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Zymol`s performance speaks for itself. For the ones that are experienced with it, Zymol`s results goes well beyond the prep work. It is pure folly to think that anyone that would spend the retail price of a typical EGZymol would do this without first comparing it to other competing waxes. If and when anyone will decide to do an in depth comparison, the differences will (should) become very apparent.

As far as it being an investment for a business, a potential shop owner should first perform a business scope of their current and potential clients, to first get an idea of whether a high end detail service would generate enough volume in order to make it a profitable venture. If the majority of the clients would rather not spend the extra dollars for an exotic wax detail, or if most customers would not be concerned whether their cars would get detailed by either a Zymol or a Mothers or a Gliptone, then buying a lifetime supply of Zymol may not necessarily be the best product to get in terms of making a profit. On the other hand, if you get several customers that appreciate Zymol products and results, and if you can get a good feeling of a commitment from prospective clients in terms of consuming the high end detail service, then the lifetime supply may have potential of producing a good profit.

The business scope will be the key.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well than you everyone for your help, i think i will have to take the advice and contact zymol to ask more questions adn well as i thin I will have to wait a few months to see how bussiness is going, and who we are detailing for. I did however spend the last few hours of my life reading about zymol Esate Glazes and broke down and bought the concours wax, along with some other prodcuts. I will have to make sure I let everyone knoe how it goes. I think if i Like this wax i will try somthing like ital or Destiny, or hello just got to Vintage, But will see when the time comes. So thank you to everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    I have several customers willing to pay a little more for me to use Pinnacle Souveran on their car. Granted, it isn`t a $2000 wax but when you tell your high end customers you have a great $70 wax for their weekend toys, that grabs their attention. I let them know that it leaves the deepest, wettest finish of any wax I have. I also let them know that the `look` lasts 4-6 weeks on a daily driver and recommend reapplying it every 4 weeks or reserving it for cars they only drive on weekends or special occasions.

Souveran will bead and protect for 3 months or so on a daily driver (at least in the Dallas area) so it isn`t like it is completely dead in 4-6 weeks, just doesn`t look as special.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarydetail
    Well than you everyone for your help, i think i will have to take the advice and contact zymol to ask more questions adn well as i thin I will have to wait a few months to see how bussiness is going, and who we are detailing for. I did however spend the last few hours of my life reading about zymol Esate Glazes and broke down and bought the concours wax, along with some other prodcuts. I will have to make sure I let everyone knoe how it goes. I think if i Like this wax i will try somthing like ital or Destiny, or hello just got to Vintage, But will see when the time comes. So thank you to everyone

Well it turns out they dont ship to Canada so now imouta luck. I e-mailed thema skign were i can get it in cadada but it looks like it mightnot happen. Does anyone know somewer that sells zymol EG in canada? Ne infomation would be gratly appreacated

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that`s hard to believe. I assumed that they were shipped worldwide. Maybe you should call Diane at their customer service number. She has been very supportive to me as well as other customers as I`ve heard of. Keep at it, there must be a way to get it to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    well good news, lol after an exahustive search, ok so it really wasnt that hard, I just ahd to e-mail zymol they send me the website for the canadian suppler www.zdocn.com So if anyon needs it there it is. Also when i was on my break i went to the local bmw dealership becsue they sell the hand crafted and asked abuot the EG. They said they couldnt order them unless i wanted 100 or so lol. But i did end up buying the zymol Carbon so now I have 8 oz of that. :getdown . After i came home I checked my e-mail to find the Canadian web site so I went on and orded the Concours and the HD cleanse. the only thing is there is a 2 week back order on the concours so there will eb some waiting, but thats ok seeeing as I now have anothe r8oz of wax toplay with (I think its over 50oz now) So theres my story. I will elt everyone know how it goes as I am using this as a test for the vintage. If I love the concours I will considered sersouily buying the vintage. So thank you everyone for your help

-mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information