Thread: water tanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Heyyyy

I know this is a dumb question but still I want to make sure...well I was wondering can any pressure washer be hooked up to a water tank or some can be hooked up to a water tank and others just need a hose...

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on the pressure washer whether or not it needs an inlet pressure...

Some can run by gravity feed, IE, as long as the pressure washer is below the outlet on the tank, it`ll suck the water. I got a Karcher BinFord 1650 that works from the tank without a pump... But I want a pump anyway!

:geez

Post Thanks / Like
    well how do I know if mine is a gravity feed or needs a pressured water for the inlet. cuz it doesnt say in the manual...well I have a BE 2350 PSI pressure washer

Heres the link for it:

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...&storeId=10051

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually, the GPM flow coming from the tank needs to be above a certain figure. The PSI to the pump usually does not matter.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    well the GPM flow is 2.0

Post Thanks / Like
    So check the GPM requirements of the PW`s you are considering. If the PW flows more than 2 GPM, the flow is not enough. If the machine flows 2 GMP or less, you are in good shape.
    Brad Will- Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    well yeah I already have the power wash and the GPM is 2 on the dot...so that means I can attach a water tank then?

Post Thanks / Like
    If the PW flows 2 GPM and the flow from the tank is 2GPM, you should not have a problem. I would definitely double check both the manual, and call the company and ask them.
    Brad Will- Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re running without a pump, the determining factor of how fast the water will flow is how much waterpressure there is from the weight of the water alone.

I have a 225 gallon tank, and at 50gallons of water, my 1.6gpm pressure washer works 90% of the time, it will sputter sometimes, especially in the beginning... Takes at least 2 minutes of sputtering before I get a steady stream.

At 100gallons, there is a good amount of water coming out of the hose, MORE than enough for my little pressure washer.

Keep the tank full, and higher than your pressure washer, and you will most likely be good.

I do want to buy a small pump, however, so that I can attach a regular nozzle to rinse!

Post Thanks / Like
    but my PW has a pump on it...wouldnt that help with the water?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpyDetailing
    If you`re running without a pump, the determining factor of how fast the water will flow is how much waterpressure there is from the weight of the water alone.

I have a 225 gallon tank, and at 50gallons of water, my 1.6gpm pressure washer works 90% of the time, it will sputter sometimes, especially in the beginning... Takes at least 2 minutes of sputtering before I get a steady stream.

At 100gallons, there is a good amount of water coming out of the hose, MORE than enough for my little pressure washer.

Keep the tank full, and higher than your pressure washer, and you will most likely be good.

I do want to buy a small pump, however, so that I can attach a regular nozzle to rinse!

OUCH, Your experiencing air cavitation and that’s not good!!!

We installed a 65psi on-demand assist pump between the tank and pressure washer.
    Bad Boy’s score with all the chicks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doged
    OUCH, Your experiencing air cavitation and that’s not good!!!

We installed a 65psi on-demand assist pump between the tank and pressure washer.

I found one at my local Princess Auto for $190, small 12v in-line pump... How long do you figure a yellowtop could run that for? I guess I gotta find out how many amps it takes, but they looked like 12ga wires......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpyDetailing
    I found one at my local Princess Auto for $190, small 12v in-line pump... How long do you figure a yellowtop could run that for? I guess I gotta find out how many amps it takes, but they looked like 12ga wires......

I have a 12v marine battery (deep cycle) and we slow charge it one a week. I also purchased the 65gpm pump for about $80 from a AG Spray dealer. Yes, that is how you plumb it and make sure you have a inline fuse. We do two full details a day with it and have gone 7 working days strait without recharging.
    Bad Boy’s score with all the chicks!!!

Thread Information