Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody on here ever heard of paint/surface perfecting...if you have what do you use and what do you perfect?

Post Thanks / Like
    there is another thread about this same process i think. Liquifying the paint/ming process.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....164#post739164

see if it is the same process.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Umm what it means is the restoration of a surface back to it`s original finish. In other words on a car it`s paint would be returned to how it was when it left the factory..

Cheers

Tizeye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tizeye
    Umm what it means is the restoration of a surface back to it`s original finish. In other words on a car it`s paint would be returned to how it was when it left the factory..

Cheers

Tizeye
    Factory finish sucks anymore. I have had a few picky clients that had me wet sand factory orange peel on vehicles factory fresh!

An outside restoration on an older car can take a LONG time. Last year I did a 3 y/o Honda Civic, pimped out, black, that took me 12 hours.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a fair comment...most of the cars we do are high end cars..Mercs etc..

Tizeye

Post Thanks / Like
    I think everyone here does Paint/Surface perfecting.

I see this as: Polishing away all of the scratches, blemishes, and contaminants that were not there when the car left the paint booth or assembly factory.

Do you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsatek
    I think everyone here does Paint/Surface perfecting.

I see this as: Polishing away all of the scratches, blemishes, and contaminants that were not there when the car left the paint booth or assembly factory.

Do you?

I thought this whole thread was in a different language until I read your post jsatek, thanks for being clear in what you are trying to say. I agree, this is what I view as paint-surface perfection as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe we all strive for the perfect finish, however you can be restrained by either how bad the starting point is or what the customer is willing to pay for.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey tizeye, good to see`ya again.

Not sure if we`re having a bit of a nomenclature issue or not.

The whole point here on Autopia is making paint "perfect." Many of the folks here use different products, brands and machines but we all share the passion for improving our skills, developing our eye for subtle details and producing the very best results imaginable (which would be better than factory, by the way).

After hanging out here for a while you`ll find many common themes and some disagreements but in the end each can tune their process to their own needs and expectations. Different paths can lead to the same destination.

As for the specific phrase "paint perfecting" in reference to some particular set of products and processes, I`d never heard it until you mentioned it the other day. It appears to be a trademark of the Paint Bull Company in Michigan.

I believe you`ll find the info here more beneficial than a canned business package but that`s just my opinion. I don`t know what they`re actually selling.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great answers guys..and thanks for changing the angle I was looking at it. I have one other question for you. I was told once that the only way that you can effectively clean Stainless steel is to polish it, is this statement true?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I believe we all strive for the perfect finish, however you can be restrained by what the customer is willing to pay for.
    Everyone around me :sosad
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Thread Information