Post Thanks / Like
    I got an email a few months ago thinking it was spam. The guy introduced himself as the owner of panarama studios from Ca. As it turns out the guy has been following my posts on a few forums and came to the conclusion that I would be the right canidate for taping a "How to" detailing DVD. His proposal was one I could not refuse. he was going to foot the bill for the whole deal, I would get 25% of total sales, he gets 75%. (kind of like how a writer and publisher works) last week he flew out to meet me at my shop with his filming crew, we taped for 3 days. I found out he has done work for National Geographic, and has filmed some made for TV films. it was exciting working on this project, but I will admitt I was nervous talking to a camera. he expects the tape will be ready for market some time early fall. here is what I`m excited about, he also has contacts with various companies for marketing. he will try to get this tape in pep boys, auto zone, perhaps even Walmart. if just one big company grabs onto it, you can say you knew me when. retail price is going for around $24.95 possible selling numbers if a big company buys into it, 50,000 - 200,000 units. Yep, this is what dreams are made of. :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    you were all clothed right?? - just checking :lol

CONGRATS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, congrats, can`t wait to see this out

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck, experience speaking. These large companies are not interested in these detailing films. Don`t ask me why, but they are not. If he gets the film in these large stores it is a slim chance. We have 3 videos that are available, but no major company is interested in stocking them. If you look around you will see that none of these stores carry them, not that they are not available, because they are. Wish you guys luck.
    :bump Take your time and do the job right the first time

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groebuck
    you were all clothed right?? - just checking :lol

CONGRATS!

I hope everything works out well for you Gary!
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Gary!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me I can order one online.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just don`t sell any to my customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomangt
    I got an email a few months ago thinking it was spam. The guy introduced himself as the owner of panarama studios from Ca. As it turns out the guy has been following my posts on a few forums and came to the conclusion that I would be the right canidate for taping a "How to" detailing DVD.

Gary,

What need did you find in the marketplace that made you think you would be able to fill with a detailing DVD?

And, did you know about this need prior to being contacted by this production company?

Post Thanks / Like
    The owner of the company that filmed it does "how to" video`s and he also works with a marketing company that does the research. According to their findings he feels their is a need, he must be confidant about it since he invested his time and money into it. I don`t have high hopes myself, if it sells alot that would be great, It was en education in itself just doing the project. gary

Post Thanks / Like
    sweeeeeet :goodjob

Thread Information