Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    If credit cards work for you ....thats GREAT! I am an auto paint rejuvenation expert....NOT A BANK. Dead presidents are KING. OR cash is KING. I agree with the towel man. I also DONT disagree with credit cards....I realize many of us need them. Geographically we all need something different to survive. We all have to do what feels right....if people are down on cash they use credit...its a no brainer. I get at least 3 calls a week from credit card companies.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Pro Pay and have been very satisfied with their service.
    If you do not change what your doing today, tomorrow will be no different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many folks use credit cards for free miles and such. I say great. I have two cards myself with 10K credit lines....they both have ZERO balances...Thank GOD! Like I said I am on the down side and trying to figure on PRE-RETIREMENT at this point. Again-we all have our own approach to the many faces of life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paintxpert
    If credit cards work for you ....thats GREAT! I am an auto paint rejuvenation expert....NOT A BANK. Dead presidents are KING. OR cash is KING. I agree with the towel man. I also DONT disagree with credit cards....I realize many of us need them. Geographically we all need something different to survive. We all have to do what feels right....if people are down on cash they use credit...its a no brainer. I get at least 3 calls a week from credit card companies.

Consumers use credit & debit cards for a number of different reasons, mostly though for the convenience and safety of not having to carry cash around. Sure we all love cash, but that`s not the point. The point is how can I make this transaction easier and more convenient for my customer so they have a better experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said on your 39th year in business you might feel different about credit cards. I did several hundred cars last year and had NO call for credit cards. I guess I feel lucky

Post Thanks / Like
    Again-If I had no other means of income ...I would welcome credit cards.

Post Thanks / Like
    paintxpert: I think you`re a very lucky individual to be able to deal strictly in cash the way you do. However, I also think that you`re the so called "exception to the rule". Most of us HAVE to accept credit cards (and personally for me, more importantly, interac cards) in order to survive in this business.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with WAS. Most people in this business can`t honestly say they have NEVER been asked about taking CC.

I just got a merchant account at the beginning of the year from Intuit and use their GoPayment mobile solution. $20 or less per month (dep. on how much trans. I do) and NO equipment fees or rental. I simply key in the card on their app on my smartphone. Whole process takes 3 min or less. The money is typically deposited in less than 3 days. You just cant beat that.

I have done at least a dozen jobs so far this year that either I wouldn`t have gotten or would have seriously inconvenienced the customer over because of taking cards.

Another note is that I personally don`t have a single credit card nor want one. However, I do use my bank-issued debit card (also known as check card) for 97% of all my personal transactions. It is safer and easier to just use it. A lot of people feel the same way. If you were robbed or lose your wallet, the cash in there is gone forever, but you can simply call your bank and have your card frozen, protecting your funds.

Taking CC just isn`t optional in most areas anymore, IMHO

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone think about Square? Its created by twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey...Check it out: Twitter Creator Launches ‘Square’ — Like Smartphone Paypal for Credit Cards | Epicenter | Wired.com
    David Bibiloni

Tailored Automotive Detailing

Drive with Distinction

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paintxpert
    Like I said on your 39th year in business you might feel different about credit cards. I did several hundred cars last year and had NO call for credit cards. I guess I feel lucky

I didn`t get any either. However, I can do PayPal if someone wishes.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WAS
    paintxpert: I think you`re a very lucky individual to be able to deal strictly in cash the way you do. However, I also think that you`re the so called "exception to the rule". Most of us HAVE to accept credit cards (and personally for me, more importantly, interac cards) in order to survive in this business.

Most of my new business is referral and so new customers already know I take cash or check. Still, I rarely get asked if I take plastic. 80-85% of my customers pay by check and doing this nearly 16 years full time, I`ve maybe received a total of 5 bad checks and couldn`t collect on only 1.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve always thought of it this way.. Mobile guys cash and checks work perfectly. Set locations need to take the CC`s. It`s just expected in todays day and age that if you walk through a front door of a buisness you should just be able to hand them the visa card. I really can`t think of any business that you walk into these days that as a whole dosen`t accept the plastic.
    -Jake Bright Dynamics Auto Spa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    Set locations need to take the CC`s. I really can`t think of any business that you walk into these days that as a whole dosen`t accept the plastic.

Food for thought.....I know many body shops that don`t accept CCs or personal checks. And we`re talking charges many times over $1000.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure there`s exceptions to every rule there dave. But as a whole the "Body shop industry" more often than not will accept the plastic. I`ve personally never walked into a single body shop in my life that didn`t take them. Just my experience though. I`m sure there`s a fast food joint out there that won`t take them too. Maybe a gas station or two. But in general I can`t think of any type of business that operates out of a building that dosen`t accept them. Nor would I as a customer use a business in a set location that dosen`t. (I rarely ever carry cash anymore.)
    -Jake Bright Dynamics Auto Spa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Most of my new business is referral and so new customers already know I take cash or check. Still, I rarely get asked if I take plastic. 80-85% of my customers pay by check and doing this nearly 16 years full time, I`ve maybe received a total of 5 bad checks and couldn`t collect on only 1.
    You do get asked though, so at least the question is being thrown out there. It`s just crazy for me to think of being in business for years and years and never ever being asked to take a CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    I`ve always thought of it this way.. Mobile guys cash and checks work perfectly. Set locations need to take the CC`s. It`s just expected in todays day and age that if you walk through a front door of a buisness you should just be able to hand them the visa card. I really can`t think of any business that you walk into these days that as a whole dosen`t accept the plastic.
    Actually, you make a very good point there. I`m a fixed location, not mobile, so the ball game is slightly different for me.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information