Post Thanks / Like
    Im starting my season back up, and debating weather to call my people To let them know Im still around and if they want to schedule their spring detail. I call a few people (that I know better) and they seem to like the reminder. I just dont want to come off as pushy you know. So What do some of you guys do (Im mobile by the way, no storefront do drive by as a reminder)? Alittle more info. This is my second year doing this full time. I`ll be placing ads in the paper in the next couple of weeks. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just send out mailings around 2 weeks before my season begins. Usually I`ll throw a flyer and a coupon in an envelope, and if it`s a real good customer, maybe a handwritten note.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    I send customers postcards with their own cars on them after they`ve been detailed. The front has a sentence like, "Remember when I looked this good". Then on the back I place a reminder of some services and contact info along with a coupon or a "deal" package.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Ideas! thanks for the input. Im going to do the post card thing. I think ill go get some blank ones and print my stuff on it and hand write. I like the picture idea. I might do some of that too(I have pictures of almost all my cars). Nice to know im not the only one taking pics of everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definately call, mail, and email your past clients.

Chances are, they forgot about you (everyone is busy) and probably will committ once you call. This is what I rely on to start up my season each year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez
    Definately call, mail, and email your past clients.

Chances are, they forgot about you (everyone is busy) and probably will committ once you call. This is what I rely on to start up my season each year.

Thats a good idea, I`ll try and start collecting emails addys now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cj99si
    Great Ideas! thanks for the input. Im going to do the post card thing. I think ill go get some blank ones and print my stuff on it and hand write. I like the picture idea. I might do some of that too(I have pictures of almost all my cars). Nice to know im not the only one taking pics of everything.

:xyxthumbs Yeah, I take about 12 pics per car (before and after) and then buy some blank HP postcard stock. I have set it up in Word, Paint Shop Pro, Illustrator, and Publisher. Put a nice pic on the front, like you said, and little hand written note with a deal and voila....like GSR said...people get busy, but when they`re reminded, they start flocking. :clap: and thank goodness for that!

Post Thanks / Like
    This year I am going to print up a calendar of some of my best cars from this year and last along with my business information on every page and the front and back and send it to my best customers come next christmas. i also thought about making a monthly special they could clip from the calendar pages so there`s always a fresh reminder and incentive to gimme a call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MachB5
    This year I am going to print up a calendar of some of my best cars from this year and last along with my business information on every page and the front and back and send it to my best customers come next christmas. i also thought about making a monthly special they could clip from the calendar pages so there`s always a fresh reminder and incentive to gimme a call.

Yeah thats a good idea Ive been thinking about stuff like that. Thanks for the replys!

Post Thanks / Like
    We don`t have a `season` here in the Dallas area, you can pretty much detail all year if you can take doing details when it is in the 30s all day.

I do have a list of customers I contact about every 3 months to remind them it is time for waxing again, some even sooner (at their request).
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I never call a customer as a reminder. A always do the usual mailings, such as seasonal reminder post cards, flyers and occasional newsletters.

Thread Information