Post Thanks / Like
    My seminars are going quite well so far this year, and what happened last week tells me I`m going in the right direction. After my presentation I had a guy come up to me and said he was impressed with my talk. So much so that he wanted me to detail all his cars. (OK, I`m thinking his car and his wife`s) I then asked him how many cars he owns, when he said 25, I tried to keep my composure and just take it in stride. Some of the cars he started naming made me get goose bumps just thinking about them. (56 Corvette, 69 GTX, 70 super bee 440, to name a few, plus some pretty nice late model cars) he is bringing his 04 Viper and 06 Corvette to me in 2 weeks, I will post pics as I do them. Sounds like this will be fun.................Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa! Better get the camera ready. You know we would never forgive you if you didn`t document the process on all 25 cars in entirety! Can`t wait to see the pics. Congrats on landing such a cool gig.

Post Thanks / Like
    tell me about your seminar content? (I`m in NC, not a competitor)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomangt
    My seminars are going quite well so far this year, and what happened last week tells me I`m going in the right direction. After my presentation I had a guy come up to me and said he was impressed with my talk. So much so that he wanted me to detail all his cars. (OK, I`m thinking his car and his wife`s) I then asked him how many cars he owns, when he said 25, I tried to keep my composure and just take it in stride. Some of the cars he started naming made me get goose bumps just thinking about them. (56 Corvette, 69 GTX, 70 super bee 440, to name a few, plus some pretty nice late model cars) he is bringing his 04 Viper and 06 Corvette to me in 2 weeks, I will post pics as I do them. Sounds like this will be fun.................Gary

This is the kind of client professional marketing attracts!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can read about my seminars on my web site, I had my web master post the newspaper aritcles written about them. Not sure if I can post my web site legally here, perhaps someone else can. Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    nice write-ups - thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    just curious about your pricing turbomangt, you give a $75 discount on a complete interior exterior?

i saw your complete int. = 125 and complete ext = 175. Your prices seem very fair, but I was just wondering about the reason for why they don`t add to 225. seems like a hella discount for a combo deal. just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!!! We will need some pics.

BTW, I just sent an m5 owner your way. Im sure hell be satisfied with your work

Post Thanks / Like
    must be nice,

can`t wait to see pics

Post Thanks / Like
    I figure that $225 is a fair price for a full detail, at least for my market. I try to motivate customers to get the works since they are in my shop by pricing that way, for the record, I do vary few exterior or interior details. gary

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomangt
    I figure that $225 is a fair price for a full detail, at least for my market. I try to motivate customers to get the works since they are in my shop by pricing that way, for the record, I do vary few exterior or interior details. gary

I charge in much the same manner, albeit in a different market.

Sedan complete: $200

Ext only: $125

Int only: $125

BTW, we have a $25 BLACK paint surcharge. And roughly 65% of the cars we do are black.

Gary, nice snag!

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Buffit
    I charge in much the same manner, albeit in a different market.

Sedan complete: $200

Ext only: $125

Int only: $125

BTW, we have a $25 BLACK paint surcharge. And roughly 65% of the cars we do are black.

Gary, nice snag!

Jim

should an independent "on the side" detailer charge about the same or slightly less :think2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gav`spurplez
    should an independent "on the side" detailer charge about the same or slightly less :think2

I would think it would depend on the quality of service and quality of work.Just because one may work "on the side", I don`t think they should try to short-change themselves or undercut (by means of price) the competition.

:usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Im just about to launch my mobile business... and i figure... i start with my fair prices ($150-$230 area) and as soon as i start to expand (looking good), that i will increase my prices; allthough, minimal, i figure my time is worth more down the road!

BTW... nice catch, got a few customers somewhat like that and i havent even started.

Cant wait to see some pics..

-Matt

Thread Information