Post Thanks / Like
    I just went to apply for an auto detailing job, mostly towl boy and they told me there slow season is durning the summer. I thought I heard on here winter is the slow season? I am here in FL so maybe things are differnet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no *slow* season. I have a slow month (February) but it is always weather related. If the weather were good, I`d be just as busy then as the rest of the year. For some reason though, we get 1-2 real slow moving weather systems that take a week to clear out every February.

What I have noticed is in the winter and summer, I do more straight polish/wax jobs and more full details in the spring and fall.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Any tips on getting this job? It looks a little nicer then just dry off with a dirty towel all day. They used MF and they had some overhead thing with tubes where they can spray different chemcials on the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Brad,

Have you given any thought to getting involved in boat cleaning and detailing? They must be coming into season now in Florida. You may want to stop by a few boat marinas just to see what is going on. They are usually always looking for good people who are willing to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im to far from the water where I live. I would just like to jump right into detailing but I am slowing building up chemicals I need and it costs a ton. I just bought 3 poorboy products and with shipping it was 40 bucks. Thats kinda insane, but I heard nothing but good things about Trim restore and Natural look. Didnt really hear anything about there APC but I needed one I know wont dmg anything and bought it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradUF
    I just went to apply for an auto detailing job, mostly towl boy ...

Is this at a car wash? Towel boy sounds like you`ll be drying cars coming out of an automatic tunnel. If that`s the case then most likely summer will be thier slow season as it does not rain as much. At least that`s how it is in the NE--Slow detailing in the winter but busy April to Thanksgiving while the car washes are busy in the winter but slow in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradUF
    I just went to apply for an auto detailing job, mostly towl boy and they told me there slow season is durning the summer. I thought I heard on here winter is the slow season? I am here in FL so maybe things are differnet.

I maybe missing something and I’m trying not to act like a jerk again. This forum was meant to “Share your tips, tools, marketing and stories with other Pro Detailersâ€. Why do we encourage this?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t see his question as being out of place. I wouldn`t ask the general public when their "slow season" was, that wouldn`t make sense.
    2004 Titanium Pearl Mitsubishi Galant ES

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this at a car wash?

Mostly but they have a small garage built on that clays and buffs also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad,

When you are in business it is usually either feast or famine.

Here in the north east part of the country, you can basically figure that most detailing businesses are not very busy during the months of January and February. Hey, who wants to get their car detailed with a foot of snow on the ground? Once the weather starts to get a little milder by the beginning of March and the chance of snow, ice and road salt are gone, that is the time when detailing really begins to pick up again.

The demand for detailing here in New Jersey usually remains high until late August, right before schools open again. That bit of a slowdown usually only lasts a few weeks until everything gets back to normal from summer vacations, etc.

By the end of September, the phone starts ringing again and doesn`t stop until the holidays in December. The autumn is the time of year when just about everyone wants to protect their car from the upcoming extremes of winter weather. Usually, December is relatively busy, however when the extreme cold weather comes a bit early, that can have an effect on demand at that time of the year.

As you can see, some detailing businesses are affected by seasonal conditions more than others.

Thread Information