Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I plan on starting something small in my area in which I`ll detail a car every Saturday. Over the last 2 years I believe I`ve built up enough knowledge and product supply that I can do this on the side. I`ll perhaps start with family and friends, and build referrals that way.....I`ve already got a good reputation from friends (local car scene) and family for producing some pretty spectacular results.

As I said, I`ll (hopefully) spend 4-8 hours each saturday detailing a car. I work full time Monday-Friday and take 2-3 classes at night for my business degree :/ So Saturdays are the only time I`d have to do this. I enjoy detailing, and wouldn`t mind making a little extra cash on the side doing this.

Anyway, I started coming up with some designs for promotional material today, and I thought I would run these by you fellas and see what you thought...

Below are 3 different versions of business cards. I cant` decide if I want to use a landscape or portrait orientation. I also couldnt` decide which font I liked for "Pinnacle" so I chose a few different ones. Let me know which one you guys like and in what orientation.

I also came up with an Insignia that I`ll have cut out on stickers to put in an inner door jam when I`m done detailing a car. I thought this might be a pretty professional touch. The Insignia will also contain a small area for me to write their next "recommended service date" as well.

Let me know what you fellas think!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t read you content because I wanted to post before your materials get deleted. The font selection in version one looks great IMO. You might consider revising the "exterior detailing/interior detailing" with an expanded version of your catch phrase; "professional results with superior service" or something smooth that you fits well. Your business name has the "Auto Detailing" implemented already and when printing cards you have to use your space wisely. Don`t forget you can use part of the pack as well if your goal is to leave room for writing. HTH.
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    To elaborate on pssstue`s post, the picutres you have posted are against rules since they display your business information. You`ll want to edit that out and then we can give you better critique.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...I`ll definitly take that into consideration...

Why would it get deleted?

Is this against the :rules: ??

Post Thanks / Like
    I like V3 landscape. Keep it simple I say. Also, if I were you I would have some business cards printed with appointment info. on the back for you to fill out and give to them. I am not sure if people would want a sticker on their car after getting it detailed. And if you wax the door jams a sticker probably won`t stick anyway. Maybe you could get a static cling sticker for the windsheild but they usually already have an oil change reminder there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I blurred out my phone # and re-uploaded...I hope this is ok...

Post Thanks / Like
    Simple and to the point. I like your business name too.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t see any difference between the styles.
    Carvista Inc. - Asper School of Business

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m no pro, but I have done business card design and such in the past.

Personally, I like landscape better than portraits simply because that`s the way I store cards when I get them and it`s easier to read when I`m sorting through a stack of business cards.

I like the landscape number 3 font the best (I think).

I might consider reducing the business name and moving it up and to the right, then putting the logo you designed to the left of that.

I`m not on a machine with the necessary software right now, otherwise I`d show you what I mean.

Hopefully it makes sense

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ET Awful

I might consider reducing the business name and moving it up and to the right, then putting the logo you designed to the left of that.

I`m not on a machine with the necessary software right now, otherwise I`d show you what I mean.

Hopefully it makes sense

Like so??

I`ve attached another version below...

I`ve blurred out phone # website address again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly.

I kind of like it like that. (Mainly because I think you did a great job with the logo/insignia and think it should be featured). Another idea, which would be pricey, but would look really good is to have the outline of the logo embossed or in a very light shade like a watermark on the card in the background and the print running right over it.

BUT, I really like the landscape one with the logo. It looks very professional to me. (Granted I`m no expert, but I know what I like when I see it ). I might be tempted to play with the way things are lined up just to see if I could balance it more (perhaps even add another bulleted item centered under the first two describing another service like engine detailing or chip repair or something of the sort)

I also like the idea of having the information on the back regarding an appointment (much like what your Drs. office would give you).

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to suggest the same thing (logo in the corner, name to right of it). I think that looks the best out of any you posted so far, Id go with that :2thumbs:

Maybe try reducing the size of "interior/exterior detailing" and move that up under Pinnacle Detailing, then center your name in the card with your info underneath. Hope that I was clear enough, but its just to put your name in center of the card and make it more important/noticable. Just my .02

Post Thanks / Like
    I did some more work on the insignia for the website. Let me know what you guys think

This will go on the website, as it`s to detailed to use on the business cards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnab
    I did some more work on the insignia for the website. Let me know what you guys think

This will go on the website, as it`s to detailed to use on the business cards.

I like it for the most part. I`m trying to decide if I like the "flare" at the bottom of the P though. . . I kind of do and kind of don`t.

Post Thanks / Like
    there`s no way you can please all the people with your logo design. But i think it looks great though.
    Detailing is not an obession, its a way of life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information