Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 01bluecls
    I have a hard time determining what "quick response"

When I run into people and tell them I detail, I would like to say "I`m a professional detailer" so they dont think Im some punk that just "cleans" cars.

Mentioning you are professional will capture their attention quickly but at the same time I dont know exactly what would give me the right to claim to be a professional? I don`t want to lie, but I know I do produce professional results.

01bluecls, There`s a reason why your having trouble calling yourself a "professional detailer," don`t know if it`s your age, that your a student, or your confidence level.

What mirrorfinishman said is true, "Imagine yourself as a professional detailer and you will become a professional detailer."

If You believe your a "Professional", then your are. :woohoo:

Your right to claim yourself a professional is your Intention.

Get yourself some nice business cards and let that do your talking for you, I don`t know of any "punk that just cleans cars" that have them.
    You learn to become Great by doing what other Great people have done before you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I`d say as long as you charge money for detailing, you are a professional detailer. Unfortunately, the hacker down the street putting swirls in people`s cars is also considered a professional.

Yes, that`s bad. I think calling those people out is an objective of the PDTA. They`re trying to gain momentum to strenghten the profession`s prestige.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soarer V
    01bluecls, There`s a reason why your having trouble calling yourself a "professional detailer," don`t know if it`s your age, that your a student, or your confidence level.

What mirrorfinishman said is true, "Imagine yourself as a professional detailer and you will become a professional detailer."

If You believe your a "Professional", then your are. :woohoo:

Your right to claim yourself a professional is your Intention.

Get yourself some nice business cards and let that do your talking for you, I don`t know of any "punk that just cleans cars" that have them.

Seeing is believing!!! You know I have this bridge in San Francisco for sale LOL........

Cards????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doged
    Seeing is believing!!! You know I have this bridge in San Francisco for sale LOL........

Cards????

I meant every word of what I said; "Imagine yourself as a professional detailer and you will become a professional detailer".

The first step towards becoming a professional detailer is to create a mental image of the person that you want to become. Notice that I did not say create a mental image of the person you are now. That`s something completely different. I am talking about everything that you do in the future to improve yourself and improve your business and detailing skills.

Becoming a professional means that you intend to do everything you possibly can in order to provide high quality professional service, along with creating a top notch professional business appearance. "In other words, when you look like a professional, act like a professional and provide services like a professional, then most people will begin to think of you as a professional".

"Nothing you can say will ever convince anyone that you are a professional. It is all in the professional experience and the professional results that you provide. That is what will be remembered long after the words have been forgotten".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorfinishman
    It is basically just words when you try to tell someone that you are a professional detailer.

What really matters, and this goes for someone who has been in business for 20 years or just starting out, is the high quality professional service that you provide, along with your professional business appearance. In other words, when you look like a professional, act like a professional and provide services like a professional, then most people will begin to think of you as a professional.

Nothing you can say will ever convince anyone that you are a professional. It is all in the professional experience and the professional results that you provide. That is what will be remembered long after the words have been forgotten.

Imagine yourself as a professional detailer and you will become a professional detailer. It is basically that simple.

Since there is no "official" Professional Detailing Accredidation, I think this is a very solid answer.

Try benchmarking yourself to the local "pros", then compare what they do to your business. Go above and beyond them in every area...It will show and can be used as leverage when discussing with a future customer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez
    Since there is no "official" Professional Detailing Accredidation, I think this is a very solid answer.

Try benchmarking yourself to the local "pros", then compare what they do to your business. Go above and beyond them in every area...It will show and can be used as leverage when discussing with a future customer.

{Sean T. Busch Detailing By Executive - President}

Is your company a LLC ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doged
    {Sean T. Busch Detailing By Executive - President}

Is your company a LLC ?

Sole-proprietorship.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    I like that. :buffing: And for some reason I always thought your avatar was a troll doll. It`s a monkey though isn`t it? LOL
    Scot, i want to send you on a mission to find me (You are the smilie king btw) one monkey icon smilie........

Danase, its about as professional as they come........lol

Scott, heres one for ya...."I might not be good looking, but i sure be looking good!"

My own definition of Professional:

One who provides a skilled service a person of average intelligence is not trained, or skilled to do, for a fee.

Im of the belief we`re all not rocket scientists here, but what separates us from others, is our desire to improve our techniques and skills, with each job we perform. Are we ever satisfied?
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Im of the belief we`re all not rocket scientists here, but what separates us from others, is our desire to improve our techniques and skills, with each job we perform. Are we ever satisfied?

That`s a true character trait of a "professional detailer, plumber, mechanic, carpenter, etc.". One who never believes they reached the pinnacle of knowledge within their profession, but who is humble enough to know there is always room for improvement.
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbarnes
    That`s a true character trait of a "professional detailer, plumber, mechanic, carpenter, etc.". One who never believes they reached the pinnacle of knowledge within their profession, but who is humble enough to know there is always room for improvement.

Professionalism is a desire to improve our techniques and skills, with each job we perform. Are we ever satisfied?

That`s very good!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow great responses and it seems this thread sparked some great conversations! I know that the people have detailed cars for consider my work professional. I know everyone (100 plus people) at work all know me for my detailing even though I sell cars.

I guess its better to say to people "I produce professional results" This is prolly the best way since you aren`t necessarly claiming that you are a professional per say, instead you are saying you meet or exceed professional results that rival other detailers in the area.

I mean I have pics of all my details and what not, but when you run into someone "briefly" you can`t just bust out a photo album!

A solution to this, I am in the process of creating a website (its already created but Im changing things constantly) and in the process of getting business cards made. This way I can refer people to my business card that will have my webpage on it and they can view the webpage as a point of reference of quality of work that can be produced.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    Very nice question...Cant wait to hear the responses because I am also dealing with this situation. Currently if people ask about my service..I tell them I am able to detail their car at my home or theirs and I guarantee their satisfaction and produce quality results with the botique products I use.

Dont be scared to call yourself a professional..ive seen your work in your posts and it is top notch....there are so many pro detailing shops out there that dont deserve the "professional" name

Thanks, I certainly appreciate the kind words!! Yea...some local detailers in my area, I just shudder when I have seen some of the results they produce and the price for level of work!

That`s why there are AUTOPIANS! To come to the rescue of vehicles that need the proper detailing and care! haha
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information