Thread: Advertising

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am going to try and keep this to the point so we all dont have to do a lot of reading

1. While sitting in my class today I was thinking of a way to gain more customers once the weather gets nicer....What do you think of when I go to the beach, if I place my card on some of the nicer cars I see and leave them a little personal note on the back saying "You have a beautiful Bmw 325, if you are interested in a detail here is a 10% off business card. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, JoshOwner of Touch of Perfection Mobile Detailing"

I do not want to go around to every car and place a card as that doesn`t seem as personal if everyone were to have a card sitting on there car.

2. Where would you place this card? By the drivers window in the little window seal?

3. Where would you suggedt I advertise?

So far I plan on having my uncle create me a logo as he does decals for track cars and placing it on my summer daily driver for people to see while Im at the beach and when I cruise the strip.

Also my aunt who is a sales representative at a well known business and pretty close with the management and top people is going to pass my card along

I plan on going down to the local golf course/condo community and asking to place my cards in their club house as they do allow cards and flyers

Lastly I plan to have cards available or flyers at my old job at a sports bar.

Any other ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

Quickly put this together to get some input/suggestions on pricing, I did this quickly so please let me know of any changes I should make

Basic Package (Exterior) $25

-Wash exterior

-Clean windows inside and out

-Clean wheel wells and tires….apply dressing

-Vaccum interior

Upgrade:

-Clay (Add $15)

-Wax (Add $10)

Basic Package (Interior) $30

-Carpet vacuumed

-Deep cleaned (Add $20)

-Vinyl cleaned and dressed

-Windows cleaned inside and out

-Leather cleaned (Conditioned add $10)

Full Detail: ($150)

-Wash

-Clay

-Wheel wells/tires/rims cleaned and dressed - rims polished

-Door jam wipedown

-Swirl removal

-Wax

-Windows cleaned inside and out

-Interior vacuumed, deep cleaned with LGCM

-Vinyl cleaned and dressed

Membership Package: $90 per month

-Exterior package every week, Spray wax included free of charge

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally get irritated when I find things placed under my wipers. It means they were leaning or climbing on my truck. A business card in the window seal isnt so bad, but it might irritate the owner. Never can tell with some people. Some places also prohibit any advertising of that nature. Any free logo design work cant be a bad thing. Word of mouth is a great ally. I also know that alot of the mobile guys around here have these folding signs that they place around the area they are working. I dunno if they pick up any business that way but I dont see it hurting. Good luck to you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a customer who I have had nearly 11 years now by placing my business car between the driver`s window and seal. Picked up an NSX detail the same way.

Prices seem fine, although I`d charge more for SUV and other large vehicles to wash. Also, I`d say `full details begin at $150` or someone with a trashed Suburban will try to hold you to that $150 price.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    1st what part of the world do you hail from? Prices are relevant to your geographical and demographic regions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Holland, Michigan I personally live about 2 blocks from a very rich "drive/street" that stretches about 5-10 miles.

Also, I live about 5 minutes away from Saugatuck, Michigan...a get away for many of the wealthy people from Chicago and many many nice vehicles. In Saugatuck there are no detailers, and in Holland there are probably 2, and they lack both the skills and professional appearance. One of them calls themselves a detailer which really means, you drive through and a bunch of highschoolers attack your car with dirty rags...it`s quite funny to drive by on a nice summer day and see the kids drying the vehicles with big beach towels you can almost hear the cars screaming. And also, the oil change place I go has a guy who details cars behind the building. From the description of the detail when I picked up the flyer...I would never go to this guy either.

I believe there is a strong market, when I mentioned mobile detailing in my mgmt120 class I got responses like "You mean you like to do that!?" "How much would you do mine for?" "When it gets warm will you do my families cars?"

Just by me talking about my passion for detailing in front of the class and telling them my love for the perfect products to achieve stunning results, they knew I wasn`t some shmuck who was just going to hurry through there car to earn a buck.

---Hopefully this helps get a few more replies on this thread

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Pricing is a variable!!!

We are higher in price then most but do a much better detail then most. We spend time properly educating the customer with product and process. A education in product is not the difference between product M vs product Z. Without education, everything is equal and a higher price holds no value. The best advice I can give, purchase and read as many service oriented marketing books as possible, a few times.

Note: My detailing business just had a Free TV Consumer Report (2 minutes long) prime time night and morning news. This aired on the #1 news channel and maybe 300,000 + people saw it. How did I do it? I’m not saying for a few months until a segment of my marketing plan is complete. Stay tuned !!!

Thread Information