Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anohter DEAD Brinkman

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    My 2nd Brinkman light went the same way as the first. It is too bag because I really liked the 2 light set up but it did not last in extremely lite use. I think the batteries are the issue and it will not charge at all. A quick Google search shows I am not alone with these crapping out.

I can not find the manufacturers on-line anyone happen to know the 800 number?

What`s everyone using for a swirl finder light these days?

Thanks
    I just ordered the Rupes Swirl Finder pen which promises to be very good. I had two brinkmann`s prior both of them went bad. Both the Flex and rupes lights have very good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased the Rupes light. It`s great. Wish it was not so pricey I want to put one in each car. It`s bright, focusable and compact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercraft241 View Post
    I just ordered the Rupes Swirl Finder pen which promises to be very good. I had two brinkmann`s prior both of them went bad. Both the Flex and rupes lights have very good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Pat & Driver

Would you recommend the Fenix for white vehicles? I used a cheap and bright light I bought on eBay and it blows out the white so much that I can`t see anything.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

I used a Rupes on White and white pearl. it works fine. Better on dark colors but it shows the defects.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Dear Pat & Driver

Would you recommend the Fenix for white vehicles? I used a cheap and bright light I bought on eBay and it blows out the white so much that I can`t see anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Pat & Driver

I have never tried my Fenix on white paint. It`s super bright and I can see the where it might wash out on white paint. Have you looked into the Flex light ??
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Pat & Driver

That is the exception, flat white maybe a bit tough. Thats why I have the thrunite 2a v2 in neutral white. It does need an 18650 or cr123 additionally. But it works incredible on lighter paints due to a very rare warm 4000 kelvin.

Please note the 2a v2 an the 2c v2 are different colors/kelvin hence the name.

Thrunite Neutron 2A (1xAA/14500 2xAA) and 2C (1xRCR/18650 2xCR123A/RCR) 2014 Review

Post Thanks / Like

I urge everyone to experiment with 2 things angles and output. I find the easiest way to spot swirls/defects is on a downward angle as far as your positioning, the light positioning would be either direct or around a 45 degree angle. I find one of the most effective ways is putting the light on the floor angled a 90 degree to me.

I find with most lighter paints, especially non color it`s best to use lower lumens around 400 and have a VERY DARK working area. I`ll do corrections in a pitch black room with one the led as single light source. Doing this will limit the distractive light that may mask other imperfections. Remember, polished paint is a reflective/mirror like surface. See those imperfections is all about and angles an how much light your throwing at it. Dark paints I almost always run 1000+ lumens. Usually around 1500 - 3500.

Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information