Post Thanks / Like

TW Foaming Tire Cleaner and Graphene/Acrylic Tire Shine

I used both for the first time today. My tires/wheels hadn`t been cleaned since October (I know, the horror), but because of life getting in the way and Ohio`s winter, it couldn`t be helped.

I sprayed the cleaner on the tires and just spritzed it on the wheels since I have powder coated stock steelies and not fancy rims and let it dwell for about a minute before scrubbing. I went over the tire twice with a stiff brush and the wheels with a soft bristled brush for a total "dwell time" of about 4 minutes before rinsing. It was late and getting dark when I was done with all 4, so I didn`t get to really see the results until the next morning.

By morning, the tires had dried and when it was light enough to see, I inspected the tires....NICE! They were clean and black - no blotching, streaking or anything else, almost good enough to leave it be without dressing them.

Now onto the tire shine. I thought it was a bit on the thicker side when spraying. I coated the tires liberally and let it set for the max recommended time (5 minutes) and wiped off the excess. (I wiped the car down with their 3 in 1 detailer while waiting). I have to say that this is the FIRST tire shine that did not get all splotchy when wiping off the excess. Once again I did this later in the evening, so I won`t be able to give an opinion on the final look until morning.

Pics to follow
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TW Foaming Tire Cleaner and Graphene/Acrylic Tire Shine

It will be interesting to hear/see your results with the tire shine, especially in the long term. Another thread about it with some difference of opinion as to whether this was a "dressing" or a "coating" here: TW HS Foaming wheel cleaner & tire prep. Graphene tire shine.

EDIT: I should rephrase that, the opinion in that thread was that it was more of a dressing, however the OP ultimately reported rather coating-like results. I guess I should ask for a followup.

Thread Information