Post Thanks / Like

Dr Beasleys Total Decon Spray

It wouldn`t be a proper comeback if I didnt drop a fresh product review...

Used this past Friday

From the ACC page:

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/dr-b...l#.X9Bnk7dMEwA

Dr. Beasleys Total Decon lifts out and removes contamination embedded within automotive paint. Removes iron from brake dust and fallout along with other common contaminants. Reduces need for claying to save time and avoid blemishing the surface.

Penetrates Deeper Than Clay
    Clay struggles to pull out the most deeply embedded contaminants. Save time and use Total Decon before claying to get the buried particles clay can`t reach.

Reduces Scratches From Clay
    By removing the most deeply embedded particles, Total Decon reduces the need for claying. Less claying, less scratches, which means less polishing work.

Removes Embedded Iron Particles
    Total Decon breaks down any iron particles it comes in contact with, whether it`s brake dust from the road or rail dust from trains.

Eliminates Industrial Fallout
    Cars in urban areas are riddled with iron and other particles due to nearby industrial activity. With Matte Decon, you can get them all out and start fresh.

Helps Prevent Paint Oxidation
    Iron particles embedded in the finish rust (oxidate) over time, eating through it until holes appear. Matte Decon stops this by removing iron before it oxidates.

Preps For Nanooating
    When applying nanocoatings like Dr. Beasley`s Nano-Resin Coating, deep contamination must be removed or it will be locked in. Use Total Decon to get it all out first.
    Directions For Use:

Holding bottle six inches away, spray paint surfaces evenly, being sure to get full coverage.

Let sit for 30 seconds to a minute.

Wipe away with a microfiber towel

*Multiple applications and longer dwell time may be necessary. Do not apply in direct sunlight.

12 oz.
    ------------

First off I called Dr Beasley`s directly and waited to speak to a human as I had to have someone dumb me down on the concept of an iron remover you can spray and wipe off and go about your detail.

Well, a human was on the phone in less than a minute. Very nice. Aforementioned human said I can in fact spray and wipe off and go about my day.

Not going to lie, I was Still quite leary.

So I washed the car...she had 551 miles and traveled about 60 to get to me. Then I went about spraying, dwelling and wiping off this thick gel concoction.

It doesnt smell bad, it didn`t bleed the paint, and it was not exactly easy to just wipe off. Perhaps I sprayed too heavily?

I actually ended up doing a n914 rw after and tossed all towels associated with said endeavor afterwards. But I didn`t have any residual issues from cleaning this product off the surface in that manner.

It foamed up some as I wiped off against the areas that touched the hellcat emblems and I ended up flushing those areas out with my ikpro2 and rw diluted to qd. It took a few times, I should have grabbed the hose again in retrospect for just that.

Pics attached from the spray and dwell aspect.

In conclusion:

I`m not sure what to make of this product. Assuming it does as advertised, I could easily make a place for this product on my shelf.

Let`s say I couldn`t do a wash due to it raining outside. Well, Beasley`s told me directly that you don`t even need to rinse this off like a traditional iron remover.

I can tell you it doesn`t just wipe off easily. Unless I`m still a hack, which I suppose is still on the table. Dr Beasleys Total Decon Spray

So you might find yourself also asking...
    But did it decontaminate? I dont know. All my previous proof of iron removal has been tied to whatever ingredient color changes.

This new paint was still in desperate need of mechanical decon but that isn`t saying much for a vehicle pieced together from mexico to canada and shipped wherever in North America to later be sold.

Would I buy this again? Yes. Why? Because I see a place for it in my arsenal.

Is it worth buying in general? Well, if you are 100% into the iron removal sprays then don`t bother, it will be too strange to absorb.
    But if you are like me and can find a place for a little off centered products then by all means pick this up.

I kind of like the thought of being able to chemically decon a vehicle without a hose, but it`s not always the best option.

this product did not negatively affect any plastic or rubber trim, glass or any other surface on the vehicle

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes dgage, Coatings=crack, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dr Beasleys Total Decon Spray

Wow, sounds like Valugard ABC all in one spray bottle! Let’s keep an eye on this one because If that’s so, it could be a game changer.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

512detail:
    Welcome back!!!! It has been a LOOOOONG time since I have seen any of your posts or write-up on products.

The last line in your write up speaks for itself: "this product did not negatively affect any plastic or rubber trim, glass or any other surface on the vehicle."
    That in itself may be an important characteristic of this unique, game-changing decontamination product to purchase and try out this product for a number of detailers.

Since a vast majority of the vehicles you detail are high-performance Dodge/Chrysler models with their ubiquitous vinyl graphics (LOVE some of your "intricate" painter`s tape jobs on them when doing correction and polishing!), I would think this product lends itself to be an integral part of your detailing arsenal for the exact reason mentioned above.
    Keep us informed and thanks for the pics.

I would love to hear from Mike lambert and his thoughts on this Dr. Beasley`s product, since he is a user and "advocate" for this car-care manufacturer.
    GB detailer
    Thanks 512detail thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used this product again last night on my car.

It actually came in quite handy as at around 11pm I decided I would recoat the drivers side of my car as it was about two years old (csl+exo) and I wanted to switch it up.

Since this is my car I was a little more brave with the dwell time but this stuff stayed wet on the surface for over five minutes and then I went with a dry edgeless 365 to wipe it off. I followed with a quick rinsessless wash for good measure.

I threw the towels away since if the product really took out any contamination then I moved it to the towels.

I`ll add some pics of the dwelling after 5 minutes.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the time came today that I bought this product for. Vehicle dropped off during a rain storm and I had to get the wash/decon done today, asap. There will be a full day if not more of machine polishing this dumpster fire in my garage.

Now I still can`t say 100% if this product removes iron, but just as much as I can`t say 100% if any other product removes iron. If a color change is supposed to mean iron is being dissolved, then I`m at a loss but I can tell you that I rinseless washed the car and then felt the paint prior to spraying total decon on it and wiping it off with 2 rinseless washes back to back and then claying. Prior to the claying It literally felt like I had already clayed it.

I`m no chemist so I am not sure what`s in this vs other iron removers but I`m quite pleased with this product.

Took about 1/3 of the bottle for the challenger in my garage now.

Brandt K.
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your thoughts and updates on this one.

I`ve got a race car here at the shop that feels like I`m the only one who cares about it`s appearance (Step away with the red shop rag!). I think I`m gonna pick up a bottle of this stuff to try on it since I`m sure it could use a thorough decontamination before any kind of paint shining. Being a track car, it doesn`t have windows so I try to avoid using free flowing water as much as possible. About how much do you end up using per car?

No issues with vinyl? This car`s got a bunch of wrap/graphics on it, so I need to be careful with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts and updates on this one.

I`ve got a race car here at the shop that feels like I`m the only one who cares about it`s appearance (Step away with the red shop rag!). I think I`m gonna pick up a bottle of this stuff to try on it since I`m sure it could use a thorough decontamination before any kind of paint shining. Being a track car, it doesn`t have windows so I try to avoid using free flowing water as much as possible. About how much do you end up using per car?

No issues with vinyl? This car`s got a bunch of wrap/graphics on it, so I need to be careful with that.
    Took about 1/3 of the bottle for a challenger with all paint, no vinyls.

I`ve never tried this specific product on wraps or vinyl etc.
    Beasleys makes a matte specific decon spray which I also have.

Brandt K.
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Thread Information