Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Booster

I am lucky to be provided some products to try out, and in turn I want to share my thoughts on WG PROFI Ceramic Booster. Information about the product can be found in the product page:

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/wolf...l#.XzyzCiRq0lQ

Description:
    Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Booster brings your ceramic coating to a new level. Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Booster increases shine and slickness while boosting an insane amount of hydrophobic properties. Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Booster boosts those existing hydrophobic properties from previously applied coatings. Made to work with Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Coating, Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Booster will increase enhancing properties.

Price: $29.99

I don’t currently have a coated vehicle to test on, so I applied to my X5M which is wearing a ceramic wax as an LSP. The LSP is over a month old and still doing quite well, but it’s never a bad time to try a booster.

The product smells nice, maybe like bubble gum or watermelon (watermelon bubble gum!?). It’s a cloudy gray color. Pretty typical.

Application:
    It’s the consistency of water with perhaps a bit of honey in it. Watery, but slight thickness and able to stick to the surface pretty well. Convenient for application.

Spray on, spread, buff off. Unlike many ceramic spray sealants, this product can be applied light or heavy and as long as it is spread well and given a decent buff, I found no issues with streaking. This is just how a booster should be in my opinion.

I should note that I have many experiences using BF Coating Booster, which I like a lot because it’s insanely easy to apply. Compared to BF, this WG Booster is thicker, doesn’t smell as over-bearing, and although it’s clearly more substantial, it seems equally as easy to apply without streaking. Pretty impressive.

The product is fairly slick, but like most ceramic sprays, it’s not BM or Need for Bead slick. That’s ok though. It’s still fun to touch and the finish looks like a layer of glass is put on the paint.

Action shots below.

Spray:

After spreading most the product has disappeared

One last buff and a shiny surface:

Again, spray:

Spread:

Final buff:

Beauty shots:

Final Thoughts:
    Well, the paint looks glossy. Similar to the WG PROFI QD, it certainly adds a glassy element to the existing shine of the ceramic wax.

Slickness is adequate. Application is a step above typical spray sealants in terms of ease of use and forgiveness. Yet it seems more substantial than my other Booster of choice. One could argue that it’s ‘best of both worlds’ depending on how durable it turns out to be.

I would certainly recommend this to anyone who is looking to touch their coated paint, but that doesn’t want too altered of a look or behavior. It seems less sealant than typical spray sealants. And given the easy application, it can possibly promote reduced swirling over many applications. Something that’s obviously a plus for long term coatings.

For anyone with WG PROFI coating, or any of the newer PBMG coatings for that matter, I would think this booster is a no-brainer, as PBMG always does a good job keeping synergy within the family of products.

I’ll try to get some beading pics if it ever rains again in SW PA. Until then, stay healthy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Tc99m, Loach liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Booster

I`m not sure what the difference is between the Woldgang Profi booster and the Sio2 spray. I think Wolfgang and Blackfire have redundant products in their lines that probably should be simplified.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I`m not sure what the difference is between the Woldgang Profi booster and the Sio2 spray. I think Wolfgang and Blackfire have redundant products in their lines that probably should be simplified.
    I tried to touch on it, but the Booster is easier to apply and seems less substantial. Probably meant as a true topper and not a standalone.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I tried to touch on it, but the Booster is easier to apply and seems less substantial. Probably meant as a true topper and not a standalone.
    That`s where these products don`t make sense to me. If all it is a topper then the QD spray should do essentially the same thing. And if you use a ceramic wash such as Wolfgang or ECH20, you should be essentially leaving the same type of protection on the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    That`s where these products don`t make sense to me. If all it is a topper then the QD spray should do essentially the same thing. And if you use a ceramic wash such as Wolfgang or ECH20, you should be essentially leaving the same type of protection on the surface.
    I would guess they are all leaving varying levels of protection, and the weaker ones being those with less cleaning power. The QD can clean and I doubt it leaves more than 1-2 weeks enhancements. The booster seems like a true protection topper that may enhance for a month or more. Just guessing here since it’s new.

And of course they have the SiO2 Spray Sealant, the Ceramic Spray Coating which can both be used as standalone, the CSC being much longer term. And these can also top a coating. Then waterless wash, then the car wash.

So I see where your overlap confusion is coming from. I think it’s up to each user to decide which combo of synergistic combos suits their desire best. Using all of these would either be absolute overkill or a practice in precise scheduling and product use.

If I had to throw out some combos that made sense for me, I would use the PROFI Booster and QD on the PROFI Coating. I would not bother with the SiO2 Waterless Wash or Spray Sealant... unless I had both these latter choices and didn’t want to buy new products, then those would suffice just fine.

As a company, they’re trying to sell products and I don’t blame them for offering something for every scenario.

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting for the booster booster.
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to reiterate: I’m not denying overlap, lol. But hopefully between us members on this forum, any given person could get the right ideas of which products might work for them by asking the question. I myself have tried most of these just because I enjoy testing things. I’ll be glad to try to explain specific differences for similar products or to recommend what might be good choices for a forum member’s needs.

However I don’t represent PBMG in any way so I can’t give the exact reasons or thoughts behind why each product was specifically created, other than best guesses I can make from product descriptions.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I did miss on the label that the booster lasts up to 6 months. But that seems to put it in the same range as the SIO2 spray sealant, which can also be used as a topper. For the cost, I think the SIO2 spray sealant is the better deal.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for doing this product review of the Wolfgang Ceramic Booster acuRAS82!
    Vehicle looks wet and reflective beyond words. Almost "too perfect" for BMW black!! You are to be commended for that as well.

For those interested in the LSP application of Kamikaze Infinity Wax to this BMW X5 M please see:
    Kamikaze Infinity Wax on X5 M
    (Yah, I has to search for what specific LSP was applied, since it was not mentioned, but I remember read about it!)

By the way PROFI stand for "professional" in German, according to the Autogeek website. (Was wondering that, too!
    You are getting "better" Captain Obvious; answering your own questions now!!)
    GB detailer
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Thanks for doing this product review of the Wolfgang Ceramic Booster acuRAS82!
    Vehicle looks wet and reflective beyond words. Almost "too perfect" for BMW black!! You are to be commended for that as well.

For those interested in the LSP application of Kamikaze Infinity Wax to this BMW X5 M please see:
    Kamikaze Infinity Wax on X5 M
    (Yah, I has to search for what specific LSP was applied, since it was not mentioned, but I remember read about it!)

By the way PROFI stand for "professional" in German, according to the Autogeek website. (Was wondering that, too!
    You are getting "better" Captain Obvious; answering your own questions now!!)
    Thanks for the translation on “PROFI”. And for the kind words.

I write some/most my reviews for AGO and Autopia since I find myself liking the members on each. Otherwise I would have mentioned Infinity Wax as my LSP here to give credit where it’s due. It’s a very nice product. Already one of my favorites after 2 months.

Thread Information