Post Thanks / Like

Kamikaze Infinity Wax on X5 M

Delayed thread here, and some of my experience was written in BudgetPlan1’s thread that I semi-hijacked... but I wanted to briefly document my experience with Kamikaze Infinity Wax s future generations have a standalone thread to peek at.

I was able to do a full correction and protection of the X5 M on Memorial Day weekend.

This included:
    1) Iron Remover with BF Iron Remover / DP Iron Remover
    2) BF Clay Mitt with Feynlab Pure Rinseless as lube. I don’t recommend this combo, unless you plan on washing afterwards. Feynlab left some strong hazing/stains that had me worried, but did come out during next steps
    3) Polish with WG Finishing Glaze (finishing polishes) with LC Orange pad.
    4) Kleen Strip Prep-All wipe down
    5) CarPro Essence with CarPro Gloss pads (24+ hour cure time).
    6) Gyeon Cancoat to bottom 6” of all panels, entire rear end, and front end.
    7) 48 hours later I applied 1 coat of Infinity Wax
    8) 24 hours later I applied the second coat of Infinity Wax

The first coat was rough because I used poor tools - a metal straw to stir and butter the wax with, and a thin green foam applicator to apply. The thin applicator was very painful to spread with. Infinity Wax isn’t very lubricated, it’s a mashed potato-type consistency and this caused the applicator to continually fold and smush up in my hand.

Due to the poor experience, I dug up better tools and tried round 2 with an old car key to scoop and spread wax onto a thick, more dense applicator very similar to what Kamikaze provides with the wax. The stirring was much easier with the flat edge of the key providing more friction, and the applicator could be easily held on the side by all fingers, and did not fold or smush. I used very small diameter, short circular motions to apply, which I copied from a YouTube video. Easy application in round two.

The second coat was applied on 6/13/2020. Amazing gloss, smooth reflections, made the light black paint a bit darker and very rich. The car looked the best I’ve seen it. Here’s some initial pics:

The car became a garage queen for 2+ weeks, only coming out for drives in nice weather and spending nights inside. The car ended up with some decent dust accumulation, but nothing bad.
    I finally got around to washing it yesterday, 7/1/2020 with CarPro Reset. The water behavior was awesome, I had to wet each panel immediately before washing otherwise it would be nearly dry. This was a bit of a surprise since Budget indicated it wasn’t the best water behavior, but he was topping it on Kamikaze coatings which probably had insane behavior to begin with. Who knows, maybe applying two coats helped this facet as well. Beads may not be shaped or sized the same as PA Cosmic Spritz, Viking Spritz or Cancoat, but it definitely rivals these as far as hydrophobic ability during my rinses.

Here’s some pics, post wash. It looks incredible in person. My neighbors think I have a problem but they don’t stop looking either:

I’ll provide updates at some point. I intend to leave as is for awhile but eventually top with Overcoat, Black Wulfenite, Gold Zircon, and/or High Gloss because summertime is fun time... but for now I’m enjoying the standalone, hypnotizing Infinity effect.
    Likes dwaleke, BudgetPlan1, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Infinity Wax on X5 M

A quick hood video I shot, it looks good on my camera reel but hopefully YouTube shows good resolution:
    https://youtu.be/vFQxfqWojUo
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kamikaze Infinity Wax on X5 M

Beautiful! That`s a Beast of a machine!

Chris
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Thread Information