Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Desperately need new microfibers ...

Don- Now I`m wondering just how many MFs you`re planning to purchase...

Billy Jack- That El Camino of yours is *so* nice...in part (IMO) because it *is* still wearing the oe lacquer.

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased

20 El Rey
    20 Infiniti edge less

From limitless. They have a sale and their towels wear like iron

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Don- Now I`m wondering just how many MFs you`re planning to purchase...

Billy Jack- That El Camino of yours is *so* nice...in part (IMO) because it *is* still wearing the oe lacquer.
    I just bought 26 TRC "Creature" towels from a friend who was getting rid of them - unused $60
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don- Ah, that oughta keep you all taken care of for a good long while! Nice price too, glad you found a good solution.

FWIW, I never seem to use the less-plush side of my dual-nature MFs, but 1) that`s just me and 2) I tell myself that just makes for a reminder to get out a fresh one more frequently. And you`ll have plenty to reach for what with 26 of `em

You all set on your other types of towels, or still looking into something else?

Post Thanks / Like

Don:
    I see that you are all set for awhile on Microfibers that you bought from a friend.

I will say this to hobbyist, weekend warriors, and newbies:
    You get what you pay for in microfiber quality and that added expense of buying and using quality microfibers makes a huge difference in the final results of a detail. That, and how you clean them as well. Reusing quality microfibers that are not "properly cleaned" are probably the angst and most frustrating part as to why the end result is not as optimum or "the why is this happening" part of detailing.
    I know that there are different types of microfibers for specific detailing tasks and having "the right one" for all the different tasks is a very expensive proposition for most hobbyist, so one needs to narrow that field down and chose those that can be used over a wide variety of those different task.
    I would recommend that that particular microfiber be used exclusively for that task and product(s) continue to be used with that task. While this may seem like a common-sense suggestion, when you use identical colored and type of microfibers for various tasks, it is easy to get them mixed up and run the risk of cross-contamination and "whoops" experience of the wrong microfiber with the wrong product can happen. You can decide how you wish to differentiate those microfibers, but separate containers with appropriate labels seems logical. I even suggest making a "small mark" on them with a colored permanent marker, but most would say "NO" because of the risk of bleed-off transfer from the permanent marker ink.

That also leads to the question of where many of you get your microfibers cloths and towels from. Since I cannot provide a internet link to various suppliers and vendors due to forum rules, I can provide a name, however, that you may Google (search) yourself.

The Rag Company
    The Rag Shack
    Towel Pros (I think the owners, Robert and Susan Regan, have their on-line ordering up and running again. It was via a filled-out customer form for awhile )
    The Pakshak
    Microfiber Detailing Towels, Buffing Towels, Drying Towels & Other Towels for Car Detailing (the link is OK because it supports this forum!)
    Griot`s Garage (which you can buy at the Autopia Store as well)
    Poorboy`s World (which you can buy at the Autopia Store as well)
    Microfiber Madness (sold through Sky`s the Limit Detailing Supply)
    McKee`s37
    Limitless Car Care (as someone mentioned above)

Yes, there are (a lot of) other internet (on-line) detailing suppliers and vendors that many of you have used as well to buy microfibers from.

Personally, I wish more resellers offered kits/combos of microfibers from a specific microfiber manufacturer/supplier for a one-shop easy-to-make choice. It would take some of the guess work out of deciding "what microfibers do I need" for a hobbyist OR offer a cost-effective discount for buying a bulk quantity "kit" for a professional detailer.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I just bought 26 TRC "Creature" towels from a friend who was getting rid of them - unused $60
    That’s about regular price from Autogeek when they have a 25% off sale... guess it’s a friend though so at least he get’s the money.

Those are the towels I started with first ones i bought. Liked that they were dual sided low nap one side for polish/wax/sealant application removal and other side good for waterless/rinseless.

The Creatures did seam to ware faster then the Eagles and the Everests. They are still soft and work well they just look a lot more beat up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information