I received Mckees 37 Krystal Diamond SiO2 Ceramic Wax today. It came packaged similar to other PBMG waxes (I know M37 is no longer PBMG, but w/e):
IMG_0008.JPGIMG_0009.JPGIMG_0010.JPGIMG_0011.JPG

I decided to do a very small scale comparison test of this new wax versus 3 competitors.
I don’t have a car in need of protection right now, but the top, back tailgate panel of my X5 was repainted around 7 weeks ago and is currently bare, and would serve as the test specimen. I cleaned, polished and then prepped per the pic below:
IMG_0013.JPG
Adjustments.JPG

The 4 ceramic waxes all include SiO2 plus carnauba:
A) PBL Synergy
Mckees 37 Krystal Diamond SiO2 Ceramic Wax
C) IGL EcoCoat Wax
D) Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid Nano
Control: Angelwax Enigma which is applied on the rest of the car.
IMG_0014.JPG

Synergy and Nano are very hard waxes and have a mild smell of solvents (I think?), whereas EcoCoat and the new Krystal Wax are what I consider soft waxes if going by Dodo Juice standards (basically same consistency as most PBMG waxes as well). Both EcoCoat and Krystal smell good... EcoCoat like a fruit punch, and Krystal smells strongly like an oceanside resort. Nick explains it better in his new video, and I basically agree with his description. Here’s how the waxes look:
IMG_0016.JPG

I applied each in the same order listed and shown above, going from driver side to passenger side of the top tailgate. Synergy and Nano went on very thin, Krystal and EcoCoat were a bit thicker consistency.
Adjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPG

*Note that I also reinforced Enigma around the tail lights and paint adjacent to this panel since my polisher went over some places to get corners, and I didn’t feel like taping.

The directions for these vary from leaving on for 10 minutes, up to 30 minutes. I let them all sit for 35 minutes so everything is equal. Wiping off was easy for all 4, but if I had to rank, I would have Synergy as easiest, then Nano, then Krystal, then EcoCoat. Here’s some pics after wiping:
Adjustments.JPG
IMG_0023.JPG
IMG_0025.JPGIMG_0026.JPGAdjustments.JPGIMG_0028.JPG

All pictures were taken in my garage at night time. I’ll let these cure 24 hours and snap some better pics. The car will likely stay dry until Thursday when it may rain, otherwise I’ll do some beading comps with the hose.

Thanks for reading my tiny test (better than nothing hopefully)!