Post Thanks / Like

The Wax Shop Products Review

I recently completed a review of The Wax Shop Product Line. Overall, I was very impressed with it on several different aspects.

• It was packaged well
    • It smelled nice
    • It was a good value
    • It had a long work time
    • It was very slick
    • It produced great results

I really couldn`t find any con`s to the product line, either.

Here is the link to the video review. I apologize for the video/audio quality. This is my first video review and since completing it and seeing some areas that can use improvement, I purchased some upgraded equipment to help with audio/video in future reviews.

So, without further delay, here is the link to the video. Thank you for watching and a special thanks to Autogeek.net & The Wax Shop.

https://www.facebook.com/northeastau...2228795340550/
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com
    Likes MattPersman liked this post
    Thanks MattPersman thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Wax Shop Products Review

It`s been about a week since I applied the Deep Reflections Carnuba Wax. We had a decent rain storm last night and this is what I came out to this morning. I was pleasantly surprised of how tight of a water bead this wax produced.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Likes MattPersman liked this post
    Thanks MattPersman thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The thousand dollar question:
    Will you continue to use these products in your shop?
    Are these products gears toward professional volume shops or more toward the hobbyists or both?
    Are they cost and effective and value-oriented or more correctly, do they offer great end results for the price of the product?

Sounds like you liked the results.

While I am not trying busts anyone`s detailing product offering, there are a myriad of car-care product manufacturers choices out there. As a cost-conscious hobbyist, I am looking for stellar end results in detailing products that are value-oriented.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I will be using their cherry foam soap tomorrow morning.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    The thousand dollar question:
    Will you continue to use these products in your shop?
    Are these products gears toward professional volume shops or more toward the hobbyists or both?
    Are they cost and effective and value-oriented or more correctly, do they offer great end results for the price of the product?

Sounds like you liked the results.

While I am not trying busts anyone`s detailing product offering, there are a myriad of car-care product manufacturers choices out there. As a cost-conscious hobbyist, I am looking for stellar end results in detailing products that are value-oriented.
    Lonnie, although I only used their products once on Nissan paint, which isn`t incredibly hard, I am going to do some more testing on it. My next adventure is going to be using it on a Hellcat this weekend which is scheduled for a ceramic coating, so I will be using the compound to test it out. Next, I am slated to do a black GMC Denali, so the products will be tested on that as well.

To "kind of" answer your question, if the compound performs on other vehicles the way it did on the Nissan, I will definitely switch. I actually found that it cut better and performed better than M105/205. I would equate the cut ability to the Rupes coarse compound, but with longer workability. Even with longer workability, it still cut quicker than the M105/205 combo (with better results) and cut quicker than the Rupes Coarse with equal results.

If this continues to be true as I move through my additional testing phases, I feel that this can compete in the professional market. The price point it pretty close to others, but with the time saving ability, I will be able to correct more cars in a shorter amount of time without compromising quality.

As far as the Deep Reflections, I am going to keep an eye on the durability, but it did produce an amazing "wet look" and if the durability is adequate, I feel that this is something that I would offer as an option.

I guess in a nutshell, this product line has definitely peaked my interest and as of right now, I feel these are products that I will be using in the future. I hope this helps clear things up a little.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner

Post Thanks / Like

A quick follow up. I took about 10 minutes, did a quick wipe down with the wax shop quick detailer on my 2019 GMC Denali. I wanted to do a quick experiment since I only had about 30 minutes of free time today. In any event, a quick wipe down, used the Rebuild 2000, followed with the Tune Up 3000 and finished with the Deep Reflections Carnuba. I wanted to try a little something different with this experiment, and only doing the front passenger side quarter panel, I figured I can get away with it. So, I performed this correction in the sun after the truck had been sitting out all day. Temps were in the upper 60`s today but the sun was strong.

Even in the sun, the work time was quite long, didn`t dry out quickly, was removed relatively easy and in a short amount of time, roughly 10 minutes to do the two step correction and apply the wax, the results were fantastic. Almost all of the swirls/scratches were removed quickly and effortlessly.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner

Post Thanks / Like

I had the opportunity to finally detail my truck today. Of course, in further testing of The Wax Shop Products, I used the 2000 Compound followed by the Deep Reflections Carnuba. The 2000 worked quickly with a the Rupes Bigfoot and Rupes Medium yellow pad. It took around 2h45m to compound and apply the wax to the entire truck. The results were near flawless.

Due to time constraints, I didn`t take any before pics, but here are the after. Also, I washed with the cherry snow foam and it cleaned very well. I did have the chance to try the spray wax on the chrome wheels, so I will keep an eye out for durability on this.

I hope you all enjoy! (I don`t know why all of my pictures are posting sideways. They are proper orientation on my computer. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Likes PA DETAILER, Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

In searching for some Wax Shop Product reviews, I`ve read comments suggesting/indicating this is a Turtle Wax product.

Any confirmation that`s the case?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SGM2008 View Post
    In searching for some Wax Shop Product reviews, I`ve read comments suggesting/indicating this is a Turtle Wax product.

Any confirmation that`s the case?
    We are a division of Turtle Wax. The Wax Shop brand has their own chemistry, formulas and different market. These are intended for the professional in mind. If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime. E.Dunn@thewaxshopbrand.com
    Likes Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks SGM2008 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Street5927 View Post
    I had the opportunity to finally detail my truck today. Of course, in further testing of The Wax Shop Products, I used the 2000 Compound followed by the Deep Reflections Carnuba. The 2000 worked quickly with a the Rupes Bigfoot and Rupes Medium yellow pad. It took around 2h45m to compound and apply the wax to the entire truck. The results were near flawless.

Due to time constraints, I didn`t take any before pics, but here are the after. Also, I washed with the cherry snow foam and it cleaned very well. I did have the chance to try the spray wax on the chrome wheels, so I will keep an eye out for durability on this.

I hope you all enjoy! (I don`t know why all of my pictures are posting sideways. They are proper orientation on my computer. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Looks beautiful and picks right side up in your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Street5927:
    Thank you for answering my questions.
    I am somewhat hesitant and skeptical to try a "different" product line that is not main stream or well know, but when someone who is a professional detailer gives their opinion with their experience about a new product line and finds it to be well suited to their detailing tasks with better-than-expected results, I am willing to at least to give this product line some consideration. I am hoping that other Autopians will try this product line out and give some more feedback and opinions with their experiences.

Please keep us informed with your continued experiences of the various products in the Wax Shop lineup!
    GB detailer

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

The Wax Shop brand goes back to the 80`s. They had a glaze type product back then that was pretty popular.

Post Thanks / Like

I had received a call from Mr. Dunn from The Wax Shop following my video review, which he and his team liked. We had a very nice, informative conversation. I explained to him how impressed I was and how I feel this product can easily compete with Rupes and M105/205, etc. I`m currently purchasing their Cherry Foam and am going to continue to experiment with their product. I recently used their polish on a Hellcat (posted on a different thread) and on my personal GMC Denali 2500. My Hellcat client raved about how awesome it looks and referred me on a Hellcat forum as well as to all of his friends. I have to credit it to The Wax Shop Compounds as well as the Puris Ceramic Coat....but even before the ceramic coat, the polish made the metallic "pop". I am overly impressed and will continue to work with this polish to test it`s limits. I`ll keep you posted for some more reviews and experiences. I will also post pictures of my GMC when I get to take them.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Wax Shop View Post
    We are a division of Turtle Wax. The Wax Shop brand has their own chemistry, formulas and different market. These are intended for the professional in mind. If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime. E.Dunn@thewaxshopbrand.com
    I apologize everyone, my email is E.Dunn@waxshopbrand.com

Thread Information