Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feynlab Ceramic Spray Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

Sounds like most people are using *something* to maintain these products, something beyond what I`d consider a regular Drying Aid and IMO that defeats the purpose (note that I realize that opinion won`t be shared by many here).

[...]
    I`m with you here, I always seem to wonder "why not just use XXX topper then?" though I do realize some seem to experience different/better performance layering certain products than just using either alone. I guess you could argue using a rinseless wash as a drying aid leaves *something* behind but I`ve never tried to pass any of them off as protection.

I also I read on these forums a long time ago that the method of application shouldn`t really tell you anything about the performance of the product. I`m pretty sure this was back in the WOWO sealant days but just because something comes in a spray, a cream, a tin, or a little glass bottle doesn`t tell you much. Problem is my knee-jerk impression to something in 16oz spray bottle is "detail spray" or "topper" and something in a cream is "sealant" and a little glass bottle is "coating" and I`m already forming expectations in my head for the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    I`m with you here, I always seem to wonder "why not just use XXX topper then?" though I do realize some seem to experience different/better performance layering certain products than just using either alone. I guess you could argue using a rinseless wash as a drying aid leaves *something* behind but I`ve never tried to pass any of them off as protection.
    FWIW, in my experience the SiO2 sprays *generally* seem to perform better as toppers than standalone. Even having Cancoat as a base (much less a full blown coating), when I top it I seem to get the look and slickness of the toppers but the beading remains awesome like Cancoat, or better. This is easily noticeable on 5 month old Cancoat which is no longer slick and has lost some shine. When I top with any old SiO2 spray it gets slick and shiny immediately. Beading is slightly better, which amounts to ‘awesome’. Those same toppers would not bead/sheet (and I suspect self-clean) nearly as well on their own.

I don’t have these same memories with spray waxes or traditional spray sealants. To me, those have usually took on the water characteristics and slickness of just the top spray coat. Only the look of those traditional sprays would look different when used as toppers, depending what was underneath.
    Likes DetailZeus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
    I`m quite the lurker!
    Well, I for one am glad you`re posting Heh heh, even though we apparently don`t see eye-to-eye on a few things (thinking of that "LSP on top of stuff" conversation we`re having on the other thread ). Hey, I bet *everybody* here can think of *some* topic here where I`m, uhm...different!
    Likes roscopervis liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Well, I for one am glad you`re posting Heh heh, even though we apparently don`t see eye-to-eye on a few things (thinking of that "LSP on top of stuff" conversation we`re having on the other thread ). Hey, I bet *everybody* here can think of *some* topic here where I`m, uhm...different!
    If you couldn`t already tell, I`m from over the pond so it`s interesting to see what`s happening on the Autopia side. It`s noticeable the differences but also, what is similar. The products are perhaps the main thing where there will be some differences, so if there is something I think I can offer some experience on or recommend, then I`m happy to. I`m mainly lurking to see the long term product tests and reviews and see the vids on YouTube too.

I like to experiment and think about products and procedures too so I have some opinions that aren`t always standard, though in time, they tend to be correct, even if I don`t understand the science fully at the time. I should film some of the things I do too, but I rarely do and kick myself for not having a wonderful YouTube channel, replete with my broad Welsh accent!

Post Thanks / Like

roscopervis- Ah, Whales

Since you`re across the poind, my one example of Autoglym stuff might`ve resonated!

Post Thanks / Like

Send me some more Bilt Hamber Autofoam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information