Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feynlab Ceramic Spray Sealant

The idea of some Spray product that might rival the (functional) performance of my FK1000P intrigues me, hence my interest in this thread...though nothing I`ve read so far has made me want to try anything.

Sounds like most people are using *something* to maintain these products, something beyond what I`d consider a regular Drying Aid and IMO that defeats the purpose (note that I realize that opinion won`t be shared by many here).

Still interesting to me though...never know what might turn up sometime.

One thing did catch my eye though:

Quote Originally Posted by gorram
    ...can`t comment on looks as it`s a white truck.
    Isn`t that a complete FAIL looks-wise? I mean..whenever I did my last white vehicle (one very used Crown Vic), it really *popped* in a "oh wow, that`s just soooo impressive!" way. Others commented on it just as they do with my "more interesting" colors, nothing blah about it at all (or else I would`ve redone it with some different approach).

I`m *NOT* flaming gorram`s work by any means, just wondering what`s up other than what it looks like: Premiere + Enhancer = blah, at least on light colors. Or am I missing something?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I just have to make it through this next week and My focus will turn to a different product and the process starts all over again comparing this and that ........have u guys seen Sandro’s videos about NOVA Jet!!!
    Not cool! Now I have 3 SiO2 Spray products sitting in a cart from a company I never heard until the post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    One thing did catch my eye though:

Isn`t that a complete FAIL looks-wise? I mean..whenever I did my last white vehicle (one very used Crown Vic), it really *popped* in a "oh wow, that`s just soooo impressive!" way. Others commented on it just as they do with my "more interesting" colors, nothing blah about it at all (or else I would`ve redone it with some different approach).

I`m *NOT* flaming gorram`s work by any means, just wondering what`s up other than what it looks like: Premiere + Enhancer = blah, at least on light colors. Or am I missing something?
    I guess what I was saying there was it already looked great from polishing (not that it didn`t before anyway) so the spray sealant didn`t enhance it further. I`m sure on a darker color with no paint correction would provide some pop. I was mostly commenting on the beading and cleaning ability of Premier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    I don`t have any other sio2 type spray sealants to compare IGL Premier to but I wasn`t blown away by it. I prepped and even one stepped the truck and applied Premiere like it was a coating with overlapping criss cross pastern and even did two coats. Even went so far to maintain it and use IGL Ehnahncer as a drying aid. It was amazing beading wise and self cleaning for the first couple months, can`t comment on looks as it`s a white truck. Seemed very coating lite to me but started to taper off faster than expected. It may have been pollen season as it seems to "clog" an LSP regarding water behavior on flat panels. This is actually what made me first purchase Reset, which it did bring the beading back to some degree. Don`t recall the interval but a few months into it I lightly reapplied a couple times to hood and other lacking areas which brought the beading back but was shorter lived than the original application.

I decided to move on from Premier, knowing that it should be a really great topper for something if need be. I moved on to Cquartz Lite and it blows the performance of Premiere away. I`m at 8 months in and the vertical panels look the same as they did the first week. The hood is starting to lose the tight beads but a little bit of home brewed Elixir fixed that. With the quantity of the 150ml bottle I`m guessing you have about the same number of applications as a bottle of Premier.
    Great Point I have CQ Lite and have applied to a few cars last year and am just getting them back to detail and it’s still there on the car beading water to a good degree. The Lite attached to name sets expectations of 6 months and the product is more like a 10+ at very minimum. Well done carpro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    I guess what I was saying there was it already looked great from polishing (not that it didn`t before anyway) so the spray sealant didn`t enhance it further. I`m sure on a darker color with no paint correction would provide some pop. I was mostly commenting on the beading and cleaning ability of Premier.
    Ah, OK! Thanks for clarifying that, makes perfect sense and does cast a different light on the Premier + Enhancer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    The idea of some Spray product that might rival the (functional) performance of my FK1000P intrigues me, hence my interest in this thread...though nothing I`ve read so far has made me want to try anything.

Sounds like most people are using *something* to maintain these products, something beyond what I`d consider a regular Drying Aid and IMO that defeats the purpose (note that I realize that opinion won`t be shared by many here).

Still interesting to me though...never know what might turn up sometime.
    There is one product...

If you get a full year out of FK1000P, then by the power of logic and mathematics you should get 3 to 4 out of this as it lasts 3 to 4 times the length of FK1000P for me, even on wheels. It`s been out for maybe 4 or 5 years in the UK, this is now v3 of the product and is meant to be the most durable. And I know EXACTLY what you mean about enhancing original products with more than drying aids.

https://www.autogeek.net/wowos-crystal-sealant.html
    Good old ADHD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
    There is one product...

If you get a full year out of FK1000P, then by the power of logic and mathematics you should get 3 to 4 out of this as it lasts 3 to 4 times the length of FK1000P for me, even on wheels. It`s been out for maybe 4 or 5 years in the UK, this is now v3 of the product and is meant to be the most durable. And I know EXACTLY what you mean about enhancing original products with more than drying aids.

Link to Retail Detail Product Site Removed
    Product name?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry my bad - Wowo`s Crystal Sealant. Now it doesn`t last 3 or 4 years, but for me, FK1000P doesn`t last a year, it lasts a maximum of 4 months. Crystal Sealant lasts 12 months and comfortably does 6 months on wheels, even 9 months isn`t a hard stretch. Got quite a cult following over on Detailing World.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
    Sorry my bad - Wowo`s Crystal Sealant. Now it doesn`t last 3 or 4 years, but for me, FK1000P doesn`t last a year, it lasts a maximum of 4 months. Crystal Sealant lasts 12 months and comfortably does 6 months on wheels, even 9 months isn`t a hard stretch. Got quite a cult following over on Detailing World.
    This is an AG product. You could link to it on AG in the future.
    Likes roscopervis liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks just pick wowo crystal seal up for 14 dollars that will give me something to play with and I didn’t spend 70 on IGL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Thanks just pick wowo crystal seal up for 14 dollars that will give me something to play with and I didn’t spend 70 on IGL.
    I have this coming in on Friday. I wasn’t sure if this is SiO2 based or good self cleaning or what. But for $14 and claims of a year protection, I figured why not? My wife and neighbors already know I have a problem anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I have this coming in on Friday. I wasn’t sure if this is SiO2 based or good self cleaning or what. But for $14 and claims of a year protection, I figured why not? My wife and neighbors already know I have a problem anyways.
    There is just something about sales It is almost like a trigger to buy I have seen a few reviews it supposedly smells bad like vinegar or the acidic smell of caulk but offers good protection and above average beading.

Post Thanks / Like

Read this review of crystal seal https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/for...d.php?t=418420 from our cousins across the pond
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

roscopervis- Ah, that does indeed sound intriguing! Thanks for mentioning it as it had slipped under my radar (and apparently some other people`s too).

I have maybe five or six years` worth of FK1000P left, but I`m gonna really be paying attention to the WoWo Spray and what my fellow Autopians think of it.

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia! Hadn`t seen your posting before now, and that was quite a post for the first one I noticed from you

Post Thanks / Like

I`m quite the lurker!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information