Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Auto Fanatic • 007 Gloss Enhancer

If you watch detailing videos on YouTube, then you may be already familiar with Auto Fanatic. I’ve watched a few of his videos in the past, but was never really too impressed with his style. He is essentially a detailing enthusiast who posts videos of product reviews and detailing tips.

Auto Fanatic is now beginning to market his own products and has just released a quick detailer/spray sealant product called “007 Gloss Enhancer.” Here’s a link to his video discussing the new product:

https://youtu.be/ymfFxRubYWk

I became interested in it after watching Pan the Organizer’s video review:

https://youtu.be/hdySuqWtZdY

What intrigued me is that the product can be used on top of waxes, paint sealants, or ceramic coatings. I like using drying aids as part of my weekly rinseless washing routine and this spray is being recommended for this purpose. The gloss is supposedly incredible, and well who among us doesn’t love gloss?

I bit the bullet and decided to pay the outrageous shipping cost and pick up a couple bottles. I’m all in favor of entrepreneurship and respect anyone who is willing to try and compete with the big manufacturers. Worse case scenario I’d be out a few bucks and would at least satisfy my curiosity.

Last weekend I did a full decon wash, polish, and coated my wife’s Buick LaCrosse with Sonax CC36 for the upcoming winter. Today I did a rinseless wash with D114 and used the new 007 Gloss Enhancer as a drying aid. I have to say I am very impressed. This detailer/sealant is super slick and the gloss is in fact terrific. The metal flake in the paint really pops with this stuff.

P&S Beadmaker is the closest competitor to the new 007 Gloss Enhancer. At a cheaper price point, Beadmaker may be tough to beat.

If you don’t already have too many maintenance spray toppers and don’t mind paying a bit of a premium, this is one to put on your shopping list.
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes PantherShark liked this post
    Thanks Diner, MattPersman thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Auto Fanatic • 007 Gloss Enhancer

Thanks for the review. I was looking at Pans review on this as well.

Its interesting a lot of the YouTube detailers are now coming out with their own brand of products. Scott from Dallas Paint Correction, auto fanatic, Wilson auto detailing. I guess once they build their viewership and followings it`s easier to sell since you now have established your target market. Not saying it`s a bad thing but hoping they provide a benefit in a saturated market with very similar products.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes PantherShark, BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    If you watch detailing videos on YouTube, then you may be already familiar with Auto Fanatic. I’ve watched a few of his videos in the past, but was never really too impressed with his style. He is essentially a detailing enthusiast who posts videos of product reviews and detailing tips.

Auto Fanatic is now beginning to market his own products and has just released a quick detailer/spray sealant product called “007 Gloss Enhancer.” Here’s a link to his video discussing the new product:

https://youtu.be/ymfFxRubYWk

I became interested in it after watching Pan the Organizer’s video review:

https://youtu.be/hdySuqWtZdY

What intrigued me is that the product can be used on top of waxes, paint sealants, or ceramic coatings. I like using drying aids as part of my weekly rinseless washing routine and this spray is being recommended for this purpose. The gloss is supposedly incredible, and well who among us doesn’t love gloss?

I bit the bullet and decided to pay the outrageous shipping cost and pick up a couple bottles. I’m all in favor of entrepreneurship and respect anyone who is willing to try and compete with the big manufacturers. Worse case scenario I’d be out a few bucks and would at least satisfy my curiosity.

Last weekend I did a full decon wash, polish, and coated my wife’s Buick LaCrosse with Sonax CC36 for the upcoming winter. Today I did a rinseless wash with D114 and used the new 007 Gloss Enhancer as a drying aid. I have to say I am very impressed. This detailer/sealant is super slick and the gloss is in fact terrific. The metal flake in the paint really pops with this stuff.

P&S Beadmaker is the closest competitor to the new 007 Gloss Enhancer. At a cheaper price point, Beadmaker may be tough to beat.

If you don’t already have too many maintenance spray toppers and don’t mind paying a bit of a premium, this is one to put on your shopping list.
    "If you don’t already have too many maintenance spray toppers..."

That might be a tough one around here...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. The market is getting very crowded with toppers. I’m still trying to wade through the SiO2 toppers and PBMG is throwing us a new Wolfgang one around SEMA time. I’m surprised the market can bear so many. I wonder how many repeat sales they do or do people keep looking for the next big thing?

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I am very impressed. This detailer/sealant is super slick and the gloss is in fact terrific. The metal flake in the paint really pops with this stuff.
    Hope it lasts longer than CG`s V07. Even if it`s super slick and glossy, if it is short lived, say a week, then I`d be less impressed.

That one seems to be a tough one to beat. Hoping you keep us posted with your overall impressions after spending more time with these products.

Thanks for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Hope it lasts longer than CG`s V07. Even if it`s super slick and glossy, if it is short lived, say a week, then I`d be less impressed.

That one seems to be a tough one to beat. Hoping you keep us posted with your overall impressions after spending more time with these products.

Thanks for this post
    I haven’t had any personal experience with CG V07, but agree if the gloss & slickness of the 007 Gloss Enhancer doesn’t last long it won’t be as impressive.

I’ll be happy to make additional comments on durability and self-cleaning characteristics as I use the product more.
    Al S.

- Buddy Guy
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Guess it might just be me being me again, but I can`t help but discount most anything that trades on the "007" moniker. Undoubtedly short-sighted of me and such attitudes might make me miss out on some good stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Guess it might just be me being me again, but I can`t help but discount most anything that trades on the "007" moniker.
    Me too!

Ultimately, what convinced me to try it was Pan’s video endorsing the product. Now I realize that many YouTube reviews are nothing more than product shilling, and that may in fact be true in this case also, but I’ve bought a few higher end audio products using Pan’s recommendations and have been totally thrilled with those purchases.

With his claim that this spray detailer/sealant was even more impressive than ECH2O + Reload (i.e. “Merlin’s Magic Elixir”) - which has worked nicely for me - meant that I just had to try it and see for myself.

The rabbit hole does indeed run very deep .
    Al S.

- Buddy Guy
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Guess it might just be me being me again, but I can`t help but discount most anything that trades on the "007" moniker. Undoubtedly short-sighted of me and such attitudes might make me miss out on some good stuff
    Wasn`t IUDJ one such product? I forget. And yeah, that happens to me as well.

Ultimately, what convinced me to try it was Pan’s video endorsing the product. Now I realize that many YouTube reviews are nothing more than product shilling, and that may in fact be true in this case also, but I’ve bought a few higher end audio products using Pan’s recommendations and have been totally thrilled with those purchases.

With his claim that this spray detailer/sealant was even more impressive than ECH2O + Reload (i.e. “Merlin’s Magic Elixir”) - which has worked nicely for me - meant that I just had to try it and see for myself.
    I don`t think I`ve seen Pan say something not-so-good about any product on his videos. They`re ALL fantastic (or whatever adjective he likes to use). Which is fine by me. If he likes them, he likes them.

One YouTuber seems to be ANTI-schilling. Mostly against Optimum and Rupes.

And it goes to say about Pan and his recommendations for the audio stuff. If you had success based on those, why not with detailing supplies, right? Kind of like Accumulator and myself. I would have no reservations spending money on something he`d suggest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Wasn`t IUDJ one such product?
    I don`t recall that, but it wouldn`t surprise me. Heh heh, I guess not much that Garry could do *would* surprise me. I was consciously keeping an open mind and telling myself "it`s all about the product, you`re not looking for a new best friend, just a better RW/QD".

And it goes to say about Pan and his recommendations for the audio stuff. If you had success based on those, why not with detailing supplies, right?
    I immediately think how Expertise in one area doesn`t guarantee expertise in another. Heh heh, John Delorean figured that if he could run an automaker he could certainly deal a little coke since plenty of other people do it successfully. But OK, yeah, after enough recommendations in enough categories you can often determine whether somebody is generally credible. After a while you get a feel for how the person thinks.

Kind of like Accumulator and myself. I would have no reservations spending money on something he`d suggest.
    Well, I wouldn`t suggest anything unless I was awfully sure that I wasn`t steering somebody wrong, and look at all the disclaimers I attach to the stuff I do recommend!

Post Thanks / Like

Beading shot from Sunday morning rain after using 007 Gloss Enhancer 4 days prior on my silver ‘02 Park Ave. Had applied a coat of Reload a few weeks before that.

So far, I’m still enjoying the Gloss Enhancer. As a drying aid it works exceptionally well and leaves a glossy/slick finish.
    Al S.

- Buddy Guy

Thread Information