Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Topper Testing Take Two

I enjoyed the IGL, don`t remember watching it too closely though so your results will be interesting. C2V3 didn`t go well for me...always looked dirty after a rain.

The list of products like this grows daily, hard to find something unique.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I enjoyed the IGL, don`t remember watching it too closely though so your results will be interesting. C2V3 didn`t go well for me...didn`t stay very clean.

The list of products like this grows daily, hard to find something unique.
    It’s looks like (so far) for maintenance just about any of them will do fine. As far as longetivity, does it really matter? I mean these products are really not sealants, they are meant to be reapplied after washing. If you want something that could probably be used as a sealant (or coating very lite) grab one of the Polish Angel offerings. Probably could get 3+ months out of one of the PA toppers. The other SiO2 toppers are kind of like the iron removers, buy the cheapest one. I still haven’t finalized my findings (lol) but that’s what I’m thinking so far.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    As far as longetivity, does it really matter?
    Is kinda funny, isn`t it? Everybody (including me) always concerned about longevity when the reality is we can`t make it thru 2 washes without compulsively rubbing something else on the paint. Topper Testing Take Two

Post Thanks / Like

So True BudgetPlan1.

Have any of you tried Gyeon Wetcoat as a topper over Can Coat? Seems to be a combination that is gaining some popularity esp if longevity is not number 1 priority. Eg the combo should last 2 to 3 washes or about a 4 - 6 wks.

Cheers

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The one I have liked very much is Herrenfarth Sprühglanz. It`s more like a PA topper. They use Si+ (monosilicon) which seems to be very user friendly. And gives a longevity easy over 4-5 months in the summer. Same behavior as the Sio2 products I have used so far. The self cleaning ability has been awesome. This summer has been very dry. So it has been mostly dust and pollen and dry road grime. And nothing has stuck on the paint it feeled like. That is not completly true lol. But the car has looked almost newly washed for the whole summer. It was at least 2 months of no washing.

When I last washed the car was a 2 weeks into august. Then I tried a new Sio2 QD Angelwax Enigma QED. This I was warned to apply lightly and prefered to be sprayed on the mf towel and wipe it on and followed with another mf towel to wipe it off. What is the fun in doing it easy lol. Sprayed on the paint wait a couple of seconds and wipe it out and followed with another mf towel to wipe off the small residue left. Worked great this way and was no problem when I don`t do larger area or apply it in the sun or hot panels. Like every other spray on products that have a high protection and longevity from them.
    My sister still loans my car since hers have been broken with the timing belt broke. I don`t have much of use of a car and have one that I can use when ever I need. Yeah it`s a little strange situation but this situation I do what I can to make my little sisters life easier. Anyway tonight was I going to take the car Home to wash it. And when we looked at it we saw it`s no hurry to be doing it either. It stays remarkable clean with Angelwax Enigma QED also. And to ad is that I have only been useing Gyeon Wet Coat and Herrenfarth Sprühglanz since last october. That time I stripped off old Ultima Paint Guard Plus and various toppers without any Sio2 in them. So this is the only LSP I have used before applying Enigma QED. I can say that you will be surprised at the finish you get from it. The warm glow have a look like carnuaba from Enigma QED. I have used Angelwax QED too. And the same with that as it leaves a look of a wax. If you like to change the look on the LSP you have from time to time with different toppers. Then get either the Angelwax QED or Enigma QED if you like a warmer glow like waxes gets you. Both is also durable when compared to others of like. And would like to try out a ceramic infused wax. Then get the small pot 33ml of Angelwax Enigma Ceramic Infused Wax. Or if you like AIO you have Angelwax Enigma AIO. Which gives you the Enigma glow finish and 3-4 months on it`s own. If you apply Enigma Wax on top of the Enigma AIO you could get a year of longevity. And maintance products Enigma QED and Enigma Ceramic Infused Car Soap and you will defently get a year of longevity from it I think. Remember that it`s Sio2 products and the AIO and wax you will be researching the application and use of since it can be a finicky product if you just slapp it on. The Sio2 AIO that has come out is interesting products I think. Britemax has one that has a great function on it`s own. Wonders if Gyeon Primer also work as a stand alone product with a water repellent behavior?

Nice that you do this testing with toppers!

/Tony
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Three week final review

It’s been a little over three weeks since I applied the SiO2 toppers. There has been rain, the car was washed once (Reset), and survived Hurricane Matthew. I gave is a wash with McKees N-914 and then sprayed it with distilled water and here are the results...

There is still some beading, but the surface is no longer slick. All four look the same to my eyes. I’ll hold off on further discussion until I finish testing some of the other SiO2 toppers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes glfnaz, SWETM, Ronkh, DetailZeus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Is kinda funny, isn`t it? Everybody (including me) always concerned about longevity when the reality is we can`t make it thru 2 washes without compulsively rubbing something else on the paint. Topper Testing Take Two
    Heh heh, oh you crazy Autopians...
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

RLM, I assume you got a lot of rain from Mathew? If so, that obviously may have been a worst case weather test for these toppers.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    RLM, I assume you got a lot of rain from Mathew? If so, that obviously may have been a worst case weather test for these toppers.
    Lots of rain and no power for 3 days. I had planned on a two week test, but the hurricane pushed it to 3 weeks. Manufacturers are all over the place with their estimates of durability for these toppers. Some won’t give any timeframe and others say months. There are too many variables to say for certain how long a topper will last especially if it is over a coating. How can you tell if the topper is gone and the coating is providing the beading? This is one of the reasons my tests are on bare paint on a daily driver that sits outside 24/7. I’ve got one more set of toppers to test and then I’m going to put everything together in one post and give my final results and thoughts. It’s been fun so far.
    Likes VitreousHumor, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Thanks VitreousHumor, BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is lightly misting the panel with distilled water really the best way to judge? You always seem to get weird beading even at the beginning. Spray hose water on shower setting straight up in the air to mimic rainfall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information