Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

First impression: The Gloss Shop Sublime Express Wash

A special thanks to Migue, for mentioning this new Rinseless Wash product from The Gloss Shop in another thread:

This is a rinseless wash concentrate made for ceramic coated vehicles which leaves no gloss enhancers (or anything else) behind. It’s also fine to use on a vehicle that’s been topped with a wax or a sealant also.

Here’s a look at the label and instructions:

The dilution ratios are typical for most rinseless washes, at 256:1 and 128:1 for presoaking or waterless washing. It’s available directly from The Gloss Company in 16 oz. and gallon sizes (although the gallons were not available at the time of my purchase). The price for 16 oz. was $14.99, with the total price including shipping coming in at $20.99.

I’ve used the product twice now on my C5 Corvette which has PA Cosmic installed as the LSP.

The first time I used Sublime Express Wash I used it on it’s own with no drying aid. 5 TRC Eagle Edgeless towels were soaked in two gallons of water with 1 oz. of product. I used 1 TRC Twistress towel to dry. Each panel was presoaked with the same solution that was in the wash bucket. The cleaning ability was very good. I was super impressed with how quickly and easily this product dried. It seemed as though all you needed to do was just waive the towel near the wet panel and it would dry to a streak free finish. When finished the drying towel did not even feel close to being wet. Very impressive.

The second wash I did was using the same method, but I added a spritz or two of Angelwax Enigma QED as a drying aid. This added more lubricity to the process and left the paint with some additional protection and gloss. This combination of products worked great together and is definitely a winner.

If you are interested in a rinseless wash which simply cleans and leaves nothing behind, The Gloss Shop Sublime Express Wash is definitely one to check out.
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes nickclark08, BudgetPlan1, The Guz, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks Diner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First impression: The Gloss Shop Sublime Express Wash

looks good- seen there is new stuff out- how did you like the angelwax and thanks for the review

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like another winner from The Gloss Shop, their trifecta is also very good in my opinion. As soon as I finish my current bottle of N-914 I`m going to give this a try. Thanks for the review.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    looks good- seen there is new stuff out- how did you like the angelwax and thanks for the review
    You’re welcome.

Enigma QED seems to be more like Cure or Reload than it does a quick detailer. I’m still learning how best to use it, but using it sparingly seems to be best. One or two spritzes per panel is all that is needed.

I bought small pots of their Fifth Element and Enigma waxes to also try out with the QED...
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 06vrss View Post
    Looks like another winner from The Gloss Shop, their trifecta is also very good in my opinion. As soon as I finish my current bottle of N-914 I`m going to give this a try. Thanks for the review.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Have you purchased Trifecta yet? If not, I`ll send you my unopened bottle, gratis, free, n/c.

Never got around to using it as I intended to and don`t do waterless/Rinseless on personal cars so have no need for it.
    Likes JustJesus, SWETM liked this post

Thread Information