I posted some thoughts about 1Z`s Glass Cleaner in my post in the Unboxing Pictures thread and thought it might be a good time to discuss what you like or dislike about your current or past glass cleaners. I`ve seen people discuss glass cleaning techniques from plan water and a newspaper to very detailed techniques like only using one side of a special microfiber towel. So what is your favorite glass cleaner? Maybe your least favorite and why?

I`m currently in love with 1Z at full strength. It cuts through everything, bugs, tree sap, crud, everything, so far. I have read that you can cut it 1:1 or even 1:6. I`m betting it would work diluted, it`s real strong. A 500ml bottle runs $7.99, pretty reasonable considering the new Blackfire Glass Cleaner runs $14.99 (it`s good too). Pro detailers should work with different dilutions for different problems and to keep cost down. It used to be sold in larger quantities at a discount and I`m going to try to find a larger size for me. The 1Z smell is strong, but dissipates quickly. If you live in bug country I encourage you to give this a try.

I bought a bottle of Meguires new Glass Cleaner, not the blue concentrate that I imagine most everyone has tried. I was less than impressed. I sprayed it on my bathroom mirror, it was very watery (most glass cleaners are 98%+ water). It didn`t cut through the water spots and soap on the mirror without some serious scrubbing, very similar to Windex. There were no streaks, but it took several wipes. I`ll give it to my wife to clean with. She gets the stuff I deem unworthy to be used on my cars (lol).

Stoners Glass Cleaner aerosol and non-aerosol has been around forever and for years was my go to glass cleaner. I liked the non-aerosol for interior glass. It cut well and was easy to control where the spray went. It is still on my Mt. Rushmore of glass cleaners.

Blackfire Glass Cleaner. I got this from AG free to try out when it was introduced. It has some very strong cutting power and does not streak. It`s a top notch glass cleaner. It`s main problem is cost. At $14.99 I just can`t justify it when there are ones almost as good for less than half the price.

I have heard good things about Armor-All Glass Cleaner and it`s on my radar to try out. I haven`t tried the Sonax Glass Cleaner but if an Autopian says it`s great it will be included in my next order. I`m always looking for something that makes a chore like glass cleaning easier.

I`d be remiss if I didn`t include Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Cleaner. I love this one too. It does two things good (which is kind of amazing) cleans very well and leaves a long lasting hydrophobic coating. On glass that is not too dirty or as a second step after cleaning with a stronger glass cleaner (Wolfgang is fairly strong) Wolfgang PVGC is some great stuff.

What is your favorite or least favorite Glass Cleaner(s)?