Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glass Cleaner what`s your fav?

Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe is a good glass cleaner too. If I have it in my hand, I`ll just use it rather than switching out.
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

GTA-ish (North of Toronto but close enough to see the smog)
    Post Thanks / Like

Mainly use Megs D120, house, car, inside, outside, everywhere, may never use up this gallon
    Stoners (regular liquid) and Adams also makes a really good glass cleaner
    M
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ardex`s Heavy-duty glass cleaner. Also use Stoner`s glass cleaner. Both regular and rain replent

Post Thanks / Like

Mine would be, Pinnacle for exterior, with it`s hydro. abilities that build, also cleans streakless, smells great,just a little pricey. and PBs for interior, no hydro. abilities, streakless, smells good in a closed environment,good price.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Likes mikejames liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Autoglym Fast Glass - for me its because it is always available over here in South Africa and is cheap as chips compared to some of the other brands we get here, and seems to work fine - no streaking, cleans properly etc.

Another option I use fairly often is Optimum No Rinse.

Post Thanks / Like

After using many I bought Sprayway once and use it exclusively. It`s cheap, available at the grocery store, and works better than any other......what more could I ask for?
    Likes mikejames, jester7677 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

General use - Meguiars Concentrate
    Specific use - Sprayway

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Interior glass of dog-haulers- Zep40. Keep it off the interior materials like vinyl/leather. I also like it for salt-film in the winter, but I find aerosol products like that tough to control overspray-wise and I don`t want to strip the surrounding LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of amazing the number of different glass cleaners and methods we have to clean glass. Just shows that "there is more than one way to skin a cat". I`m going to try some rinseless washes and see how they do. Thanks for all the input.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Kind of amazing the number of different glass cleaners and methods we have to clean glass. Just shows that "there is more than one way to skin a cat". I`m going to try some rinseless washes and see how they do. Thanks for all the input.
    When I rinseless wash a car, I also go over the exterior windows and don`t bother doing them with dedicated window cleaner. They`re left clean by the rinseless.

I tried a good handful:

Armor All - Prior to Autopia. I just got something cheap on a pinch. But honestly, this one isn`t bad.
    Megs Perfect Clarity - At the time, I was trying to stay withing Megs line. But I found this one to be too much work. Streaking and multiple passes, not sun friendly, etc.
    Mothers ReVision - Got a free sample at some car meet. LOVED this. So much, I bought a case of it to save a few bucks.
    Windex: yeah
    3D`s window cleaner - Loved Mothers so much, I have a gallon of this waiting for me at the store (I got it free with rewards). Haven`t bothered to pick it up
    Megs D120 - In recent months, I`ve found myself wanting to clean windows more frequently. ReVision was NOT going to be cost efficient. D120 fits that bill. It`s a pleasure to work with, LOVE the scent, and such an amazing value. It`s become my go-to cleaner.

I forget what else I have on my shelves. A couple of others. Oh, something from Rain-X. Was telling my friend this morning that next time he`s in town, he can have my almost new bottle. Too much of a hassle for no perceived benefits.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Megs Perfect Clarity.
    I think we all used Windex at one point or another, I do not anymore.
    Recently stopped using Stoners for the Megs
    Have 3D on a buy one get one sale, haven`t used it yet
    Have Poorboys World glass cleaner that I haven`t use yet either, but am kind of excited for after hearing so many good things.
    I also want to try the 1Z after reading a recent thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    3D 50:1 Glass Cleaner. Cuts through smoke, grease, haze and you can do streak free windows even with less than ideal light. The first wipe after spraying leaves a grabby film on the window that you can feel as you start the second wipe. As the film is removed the glass becomes super slick so you know any streaks are gone even if you can`t see them. A 16 oz bottle is only $8 and all you need is .5 OZ mixed with 24 OZ of distilled water (optional) for a ready to use solution. Works out to about 35 cents per bottle of rtu.
    I may try this stuff. I`m always fighting streaks. Often the glass looks good into until I get in the sun then I see the streaks. I always thought that was a technique thing and I`ve been working on that (buying glass specific towels and using more than one towel) but I`ll try any product that helps eliminate streaks.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see some people admitting they`ve done OK with Windex. I have an *old*, like...from the `90s, bottle of their pink version ("Country Garden Potourri" scent, ammonia-free formula) that I inherited and the stuff is amazingly good! I`ve almost used it all up now and I`ll miss it when it`s gone, performs as well as my "good stuff".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    I may try this stuff. I`m always fighting streaks. Often the glass looks good into until I get in the sun then I see the streaks. I always thought that was a technique thing and I`ve been working on that (buying glass specific towels and using more than one towel) but I`ll try any product that helps eliminate streaks.
    Everyone has their own favorites, but I`ve found Surgical Huck towels to work the best on glass. They have a visible weave in the fabric that seems to cut through anything including the streaks.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Some cleaners may not streak but look hazy later. Like if I clean a house window or sliding door glass may look great initially but later it looks hazy not to me streaky. Just like a film or cloudiness

What is that issue anyone know ? Like need an additional wipe or clean a second time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information