Post Thanks / Like

Mystery Box Showdown

I bought two out of three of the mystery boxes. The second box had Fuzion as its wax choice and luckily I already had that wax on hand. In box 1 Collinite 476S was included and box 3 had Son1c Aut1sm. So what to do? Well do a side by side comparison of the three.

The test subject is my 2001 Mazda B3000 pickup truck that sits outside 24/7. I polished it about 3 months ago and I can`t remember what LSP I used though I believe it was Optiseal.

This is the hood. I did a rinseless wash using some of sample product I was given by AG. The product leaves nothing behind. It`s now for sale under the McKees banner as N-914

From left to right the three waxes used are 1. Aut1sm. 2. Collinite 476S. 3. Wolfgang Fuzion. Two coats were applied

Thoughts:
    1. Aut1sm smells great, like pineapple. It is a hard wax. Someone else had said it was soft. It took a while to get enough on my applicator. It did not go on easy and it was difficult to remove. I`m thinking it has a high carnauba content.
    Reflection shot

2. Collinite 476S has been around for years. It`s a hard wax and smells chemically. I applied it on thin, let it haze and wiped off immediately. It was easier to apply and remove than Aut1sm.
    Reflection shot

3. Wolfgang Fuzion is one of my all time favorite waxes. It smells similar to Collinite 476S, but goes on easy and removes just as easy. A pure pleasure to use.
    Reflection shot

More thoughts: I didn`t expect the slickness to vary much but surprisingly the Aut1sm was not very slick, 476S was second, and Fuzion was joyously slick. As I have used Fuzion in the past I know it will last around 3-4 months. I never used either 476S or Aut1sm, but I hear 476S is pretty durable. Aut1sm is a beauty wax and I would not expect it to last long at all.

Looks: Uh, they all looked very, very similar. The 476S looked a tad darker to my eyes, but looks are subjective.

Here is the final picture with the tape removed and everything buffed out.

I hope to monitor the longetivity of the waxes at least until Spring. If it rains I`ll try to get some beading pics. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, the sun was going down and it`s hard to get decent pics with my iPhone. (Excuses)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes Ronkh, Raymoche, 512detail liked this post
    Thanks nickclark08 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mystery Box Showdown

Thanks for doing this! I got the one with Fuzion, and have read very mixed reviews (mainly in terms of beading and durability). Very much looking forward to the results.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m pretty sure you will like Fuzion. It`s a good looking easy to apply wax. I`ve just about quit applying/buying waxes. Sealants and coatings are easy to apply and the results protect and last longer. I did enjoy apply the wax, as it puts you more in touch with your car than just applying a sealant or coating. I fear waxes may soon be just for collector cars.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll definitely give it a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

A nine day update:
    South Georgia thinks its Springtime with all the pollen, but a quick wipe down with McKees new Rinseless Wash and it looked perfect.

I decided to take a few beading pics

Son1C Aut1sm

Collinite 478s

Wolfgang Fuzion

I have no idea why the picture of the Wolfgang Fuzion looks blueish. Strange. All three waxes were holding up well (as expected). The only surprise was the beading of Wolfgang Fuzion not being better. Fuzion was definitely the worst of the three. All three still looked great. I`ll try to keep checking on the durability.

I finally broke down and bought some FK1000p brought on by Accumulators constant shilling (lol) and will try to test it against Collinite 476s and something else (any suggestions?).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Thread Information