Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle black label sealant worth the $$$

Want to purchase but is it worth it at 50$ for 8ozs.
    I want something special other then PA or BF

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle black label sealant worth the $$$

Can coat..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Want to purchase but is it worth it at 50$ for 8ozs.
    I want something special other then PA or BF

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
    based on my experience with that product I would not recommend it at the current price level. I purchased it earlier in the year when it was deeply discounted so I can`t say I`m disappointed with my purchase, but at full price I would not recommend it compared to other things you can pick up

the looks are great: it represents the black label line properly there
    BUT
    I think the price is high and I can`t speak towards it`s durability as I removed it after less than a week as I had water etching on the hood. Looked great, but I decided to start experimenting with coatings.

Honestly, I`m a huge fan of the PBL line and have used more than three bottles of PBL v1 and v2 paint coatings and would like to be able to give this product another honest go but I have not found a vehicle I felt like putting it on.

Problem with having a whole lot of detail products is that if you use one product once and don`t like it, it may never make it back off the bench, (or shelf in this case).

Brandt K.

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mary: I have PBL Paint Sealant as the current LSP on my `12 Yukon XL. As Brandt indicated above, it looks fantastic but I cannot really comment on durability as my truck is only used sparingly in the summer months and spends most of the time in the garage. I did a polish with Essence and then applied the PBL Sealant.

I also agree with Brandt that at full price it may be hard to recommend. I bought it last year around this time when it was deeply discounted. I`d say it is really equivalent to WGDGPS 3.0 and BFWDAFPP and not THAT much better. It is worth the money if you can get it on sale.
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

I`m with Brandt. Go with something else. Ease of application was amazing, removal of product was amazing, initial shine and slickness was amazing. But, it did not last at all. Beading was terrible. Ease of bird bombs were good with no etching. I was highly disappointed in the durability and water beading. I too removed it after around 2 weeks. Will never use this product again. Just my opinion

Post Thanks / Like

bkack ice is $50 for the large jar- that`d do a whole lot of dark colored cars and black ice is awesome stuff

SPECIAL DEAL BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax

can coat is same price but less applications

unless you were only looking for "sealant" but black ice has "sealant" in it too. lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mbkite View Post
    Can coat..
    I`m a sealant & wax kinda girl, maybe even some glaze first ?

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    based on my experience with that product I would not recommend it at the current price level. I purchased it earlier in the year when it was deeply discounted so I can`t say I`m disappointed with my purchase, but at full price I would not recommend it compared to other things you can pick up

the looks are great: it represents the black label line properly there
    BUT
    I think the price is high and I can`t speak towards it`s durability as I removed it after less than a week as I had water etching on the hood. Looked great, but I decided to start experimenting with coatings.

Honestly, I`m a huge fan of the PBL line and have used more than three bottles of PBL v1 and v2 paint coatings and would like to be able to give this product another honest go but I have not found a vehicle I felt like putting it on.

Problem with having a whole lot of detail products is that if you use one product once and don`t like it, it may never make it back off the bench, (or shelf in this case).
    I do try to use a few times, found myself changing my mind about some products.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Mary: I have PBL Paint Sealant as the current LSP on my `12 Yukon XL. As Brandt indicated above, it looks fantastic but I cannot really comment on durability as my truck is only used sparingly in the summer months and spends most of the time in the garage. I did a polish with Essence and then applied the PBL Sealant.

I also agree with Brandt that at full price it may be hard to recommend. I bought it last year around this time when it was deeply discounted. I`d say it is really equivalent to WGDGPS 3.0 and BFWDAFPP and not THAT much better. It is worth the money if you can get it on sale.
    WG does peak my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by hot_h2o View Post
    I`m with Brandt. Go with something else. Ease of application was amazing, removal of product was amazing, initial shine and slickness was amazing. But, it did not last at all. Beading was terrible. Ease of bird bombs were good with no etching. I was highly disappointed in the durability and water beading. I too removed it after around 2 weeks. Will never use this product again. Just my opinion
    Thank you for your very informed opinion, think you just nailed it !

bkack ice is $50 for the large jar- that`d do a whole lot of dark colored cars and black ice is awesome stuff

SPECIAL DEAL BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax

can coat is same price but less applications

unless you were only looking for "sealant" but black ice has "sealant" in it too. lol
    I do have a 3oz of Blackice, maybe put that on top of WG sealant ??

TO ALL
    Likes JustJesus, Wing Commander liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

yea 3oz black ice will last you a very long timeI think it may outlast WG sealant... but I`d still combo those - probably would look really nice I think blackice is more of a stand alone lsp though..its already got some sealant properties in it I think

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

You prolly should buy some Collinite.
    Likes jatleson liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mary PM me if you want some PBL sealant. I have an unused bottle just sitting on my shelf. Don`t see myself using it.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima Paint Guard Plus...durability and looks are great. WOWA so very easy. Beads and sheets like nothing else.

Post Thanks / Like

yea 3oz black ice will last you a very long timeI think it may outlast WG sealant... but I`d still combo those - probably would look really nice I think blackice is more of a stand alone lsp though..its already got some sealant properties in it I think
    Time I use that BF Blackice, I`m going to try a test spot, looking for muting of the metal flake.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    You prolly should buy some Collinite.
    I just looked at my older stuff and I do still have some.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Mary PM me if you want some PBL sealant. I have an unused bottle just sitting on my shelf. Don`t see myself using it.
    Thanks anyway, leaning toward WG. I have tried the WG sealant spritz & Trim sealant, loved both, and am slowly getting a WG collection going.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Ultima Paint Guard Plus...durability and looks are great. WOWA so very easy. Beads and sheets like nothing else.
    Ultima PGS, sounds like my next collection is starting.
    I do have BF Crystal seal which I think is a WOWA too ? Was going to use on wheels this weekend, then top with wheel wax.

(Since the snow has let up)

Thread Information