Post Thanks / Like

Ultima Wheel Cleaner Gel - Review

I received this from Autopia as a part of their http://www.autopia.org/forums/autopi...-giveaway.html

Description

Ultima Wheel Cleaner Gel is formulated to safely clean heavily soiled wheels without the use of harsh chemicals. This unique non-acid pH balanced formula clings to the wheels surface, making it superior to acid type wheel cleaners which run and prematurely dry causing spotting and permanent damage. Works on steel, aluminum alloy, clear coated and factory painted wheels. Also safely cleans plastic or metal hubcaps.

Directions

Shake well before using. Spray entire wheel and allow to soak for 30 seconds. Agitate with a soft brush or sponge to activate cleansing foam which lifts brake dust and road grime. Rinse thoroughly with a heavy jet of water to ensure that all product is removed from wheel surface, including lug nut holes.

Scent

I couldn`t quite put my finger on it but I would say detergent smell with a slight sweetness.

The Test

Wheels on my wife`s CR-V. As you can see they aren`t too dirty. Wheels have Optimum Opti-Seal on them. Applied about 3 weeks ago.

I did four sprays per wheel. I really like this sprayer after you get past that first spray. The gel clings very well.

You can see the gel working on the brake dust

Now I didn`t really listen to the instructions since the wheels weren`t very dirty, plus I wanted to see what this cleaner could do on its own so instead of agitating I just sprayed it off with a strong blast from the hose. Seemed to work very well and didn`t affect the Opti-Seal at all!

So far a great product but I will need to find some dirtier wheels for a better test. I don`t think I used any more than maybe 1-1/2 to 2 ounces so it should last me a bit longer than some other wheel cleaners. Two thumbs up for me.

Thanks for looking.
    Matt
    Likes Angus, RaysWay, Raymoche, The Guz, JustJesus and 1 others liked this post
    Thanks Angus, JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultima Wheel Cleaner Gel - Review

Soon, I will write my review too, based on what I see here, I think it will be another comparison review...!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultima Wheel Cleaner Gel - Review

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post

Now I didn`t really listen to the instructions since the wheels weren`t very dirty, plus I wanted to see what this cleaner could do on its own so instead of agitating I just sprayed it off with a strong blast from the hose. Seemed to work very well and didn`t affect the Opti-Seal at all!
    Cuz that`s what we do! We don`t bother working products as indicated. I like that you tried without the agitation!

So far a great product but I will need to find some dirtier wheels for a better test. I don`t think I used any more than maybe 1-1/2 to 2 ounces so it should last me a bit longer than some other wheel cleaners. Two thumbs up for me.

Thanks for looking.
    Matt
    I`ll bring you my Jeep. Those suckers are downright nasty (the wheels). haha

Thanks for this review. Good stuff
    Likes mnehls86 liked this post
    Thanks Bindytou thanked for this post

Thread Information