Post Thanks / Like

Ultima Screen Cleaner and Protector - Review

I received this from Autopia as a part of their http://www.autopia.org/forums/autopi...-giveaway.html

Description

Non Toxic formula, not only cleans but also protects all Touch screens, Plasma, LCD, LED, Laptops, Tablets, iPhone, iPads, cellphones, HD TV`s, PC Monitors, eBooks, Navigation Systems, eyeglasses, sunglasses, camera lenses and mirrors. Cleans and adds a Slick Protective Barrier which reduces scratching while also preventing germs from permeating touch-screen surfaces, allowing for easy future clean up. Reduces glare, smudges, dust and fingerprints creating a clear like-new view. Formulated without phosphates, ammonia, alcohol, or harmful cleaners making it safe to use around children and pets. Leaves no odor. Unlike wipes which can scratch, the included microfiber towel will safely remove residue without scratching. This incredible value, costs less than 1 penny per spray. Clean your TV or laptop 125 times for less than $1.

Directions

Spray light mist on surface to be cleaned and protected. Avoid using excessive amount of cleaner around speakers or input connections to avoid damage to internal components of device. Use soft microfiber towel to remove all residues. Extreme dirty surfaces may initially require two applications to remove all contaminates. Repeat use as needed to keep your screen crystal clear and protected.

Scent

None.

The Test

Our family room TV that I constantly have to tell my 5 year old daughter to stop touching.

For the first application I applied as directions stated lightly misting directly into the TV and wiped off with the supplied MF towel. I might have laid it on a little too heavy.

As you can see it did leave streaks so I attributed that to spraying too much. I used 2 dry sides of the MF towel in the first application. 1 to spread and absorb the majority of the product and the second to buff the residue.

Next application flipped to 2 new sides of the MF towel and lightly sprayed the new side. I wiped the entire TV and then buffed with the dry side of the MF towel. I repeated this step twice and was still left with some streaking.

After this didn`t seem to be working well it crossed my mind that most electronics are supplied with micro suede towels and luckily I have a few large ones on hand for coatings. I then lightly sprayed the supplied MF towel and wiped the whole screen again but then followed up with the micro suede towel. This definitely seems to be the wining combination as you can see in the next pictures.

I still have to try out the protection side of it. I was just going to swipe my finger across the screen but I forgot to so I guess I will put it to the ultimate test and have my 5 year old touch it again. Overall I really like this product and would only recommend it so long as you have the micro suede and the tiny amount used means this stuff will last me a very long time.

Thanks for looking.
    Matt

Likes tropicsteve, Angus, JustJesus, atgonzales liked this post
    Thanks Angus, JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultima Screen Cleaner and Protector - Review

Sweet review. I like the idea of bringing in the 5 year old.

Thread Information