Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
After the last 18 or so months, may need to change username to Busted BudgetPlan1
Recently added up total expenditures that were easy to find/download and...uh, oops.

Only downside to the 22ple. I actually wait 20-24hrs between coats as that is what 22ple recommended (if possible) when I did actually communicate successfully with them.

I did bosses Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat Ford Explorer last year in HPC + Finitura...looked really cool, kinda like a candied apple with a thick layer of the `candied` part. It was nicely `molten`

When I bought a new black Honda Accord Coupe last year, I first did it in 22ple HPC. Was really nice but next to the Kamikaze black Vette in the garage, it lacked the depth of Kamikaze. The `outer` molten, candy-gloss layer of 22ple was very appealing but overall it didn`t look as rich as Kamikaze. That`s all a personal thing though, so irrelevant to anybody else`s eye`s.

Based on the Fleet Vehicle I first used 22ple HPC on back in March 2017, I kinda suspect the 22ple HPC may be just a bit of an overall `tougher` coating than Kamikaze, a suspicion that will either be confirmed or debunked this coming November when the Kamikaze Fleet Vehicle I did in February 2018 finishes it`s first 20k miles with no maintenance.
It really does make that red pop though. I think this something people should consider as well when choosing this coating. Some colors could use more of that warm depth look, others a could be be enhanced by that thick hard shell look. On my new car, which is more of a wet cement look I wanted something with a bit more warmth; on the pearl white golf the shine of HPC looked great to my eyes.

To me the most important take away from all this (for my personal benefit) is that I`ve found 2 coatings that I can verify (and others have as well) that are "legit." They`re reliable, and solid performers in our consumer space (filled with tons of options these days). I`ve tried a few others that were fine, but I look at like, if i`m going through the work to apply a coating, I want more than fine (completely personal choice). I have a friend getting a minivan... as much as that pains me to see and he`ll want me to help apply a coating to it, and i`m going to suggest both of these options. Ultimately I think that is the best way to judge, would you apply something to your car, and/or to a friend/family members car.