Post Thanks / Like

Review-Ultima Acrylic Spray Wax as drying aid

I was lucky enough to be chosen to test this product out in return for an honest review. Thanks Ray!

It finally stopped raining here, and I got settled in here at college but have been busy with meetings and events the past several days. However, after a bbq last night I was able to swing over to the coin wash just off campus and do a rinseless wash with Wolfgang Uber and test this product out.

The car was incredibly dirty after about 2 weeks, several hundred miles of driving, and some nasty roads/driving conditions. 2 weeks ago I did a full decon, Mckee`s 37 Jeweling wax on the majority of the car, Wolfgang Uber Finishing glaze 3.0 on the roof, trunk, and rear bumper and coated those three panels with PBL V2.

The wash: I pressure washed the whole car for 3 minutes and 4 seconds(weird amount of time, I know)in the coin wash stall and then proceeded to do a RW on the entire body. I did the entire car using the GDWM and Cobra Supreme 530 towels. I then proceeded to go around the car with the spray wax and two Cobra Supreme 530 towels.

I put a couple of sprays on my towel, and then misted one to three sprays per panel on the still wet surface. I believe this was the first time I`ve ever used a spray wax as a drying aid(if I use one I usually use detail spray)and wasn`t really expecting to like it.

I was, however, pleasantly surprised! It was incredibly easy to use, and I only had very minor streaking problems on the hood. I had doubts about really loving this product because of how much I like Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Spray Wax, but I ended up really enjoying this spray wax! I don`t know if it added any shine/depth/gloss since the car was just polished and waxed with Mckee`s 37 Jeweling wax, and coated with PBL V2, but the car definitely looked really awesome when I was done.

I can also report that the spray wax played nicely on the coated panels. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone and everyone when Autopia gets some more in stock.

I don`t have any before pictures as I was worried about the sun going down before I finished, but did get some afters.

Rockin` my Autopia bag out here on campus!

Got the reflection of the American and Texas flags waving in the wind at the police station

Hope you enjoyed the pics, and I hope that my review helps anyone deciding on whether to get this product or not! Thanks again to Ray for the opportunity to try this out!
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review-Ultima Acrylic Spray Wax as drying aid

Nice! I`ve been also trying to find some free time to get my review in. Was hoping to have this weekend free when a client wanted a last minute single stage polish and coating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Likes ViperGuy21 liked this post
    Thanks ViperGuy21 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! I was curious about this as a drying aid. Finished up my griots spray on wax this morning. I cant say enough about using a wax as a drying aid. It has prolonged my LSP to new levels. Good to know about the ultima.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes ViperGuy21 liked this post
    Thanks ViperGuy21 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Thanks for the review! I was curious about this as a drying aid. Finished up my griots spray on wax this morning. I cant say enough about using a wax as a drying aid. It has prolonged my LSP to new levels. Good to know about the ultima.
    Next time I`m home I`ll have to try my BF spray wax as a drying aid to compare. I highly recommend both products though. However, the Ultima is noticeably slicker

Thread Information