Post Thanks / Like

Britemax Easy Cut and Britemax Polish and Protect

This is a mini review of the Britemax metal polish and the follow on polish and seal product. The finer Britemax Polish and Protect seems to be a pretty good product, it actually cleaned my chrome (real chrome) better than the "heavier" Britemax Easy Cut. You have to shake the Hades out of both products to get the solids off the bottom, I thought my arm was going to fall off. The Britemax Easy Cut did not do much to improve the shine or even remove the light water spots, even after two applications. It was almost as if I had not used anything at all. I almost did not use the follow up product Polish and Protect, but it actually removed some of the marks that the Easy Cut did not touch. Very strange. Bottom line, if your chrome is in pretty good shape buy the Britemax Polish and Protect, but if you need something stronger skip the Britemax Easy Cut. Now I`m looking for a better chrome polish, if anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Britemax Easy Cut and Britemax Polish and Protect

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    This is a mini review of the Britemax metal polish and the follow on polish and seal product. The finer Britemax Polish and Protect seems to be a pretty good product, it actually cleaned my chrome (real chrome) better than the "heavier" Britemax Easy Cut. You have to shake the Hades out of both products to get the solids off the bottom, I thought my arm was going to fall off. The Britemax Easy Cut did not do much to improve the shine or even remove the light water spots, even after two applications. It was almost as if I had not used anything at all. I almost did not use the follow up product Polish and Protect, but it actually removed some of the marks that the Easy Cut did not touch. Very strange. Bottom line, if your chrome is in pretty good shape buy the Britemax Polish and Protect, but if you need something stronger skip the Britemax Easy Cut. Now I`m looking for a better chrome polish, if anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated.
    Poorboys Pro polish and Pro polish 2.
    Thee Most versatile polishes in my arsenal.
    If you have PP have you tried it on Chrome?

I also have Poorboys Chrome Polish and Heavy Duty Metal polish.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Both Britemax products were only tried on chrome trim with so-so results. I should try the PB products, they always get great reviews in direct sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Both Britemax products were only tried on chrome trim with so-so results. I should try the PB products, they always get great reviews in direct sun.
    Chrome trim on what vehicle?
    Can you post or link a photo of how the chrome looks?
    What`s the condition of the chrome your working on?

Post Thanks / Like

It`s chrome trim around the window of a BMW 335d. The chrome wasn`t in bad shape. You could see a little cloudiness and a little water spotting. I`ve seen and removed worse water spots off of glass. I didn`t take any pictures as I thought it would be a simple task. It`s always the simple tasks that take the longest.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Thread Information